Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Under Condon/Ferris my issue was mainly how long it took for players to recover compared to other clubs
    Then we had one fantastic year under the Catterick trio
    And now with Ferris and whoever else there is we now have had these injuries happening. The ones I find hard to cop are the AJ/Pearson cases.
    All jokes aside mate I certainly agree with you, Ferris has seemed to have a bit of a reputation amongst the teams he's worked with's fans. Not sure how he keeps getting these sorts of roles.

Junior

Hi guys I am online now looking at buying 1 ticket for Saturday night were is most guys sitting? Before o buy I dont want to be in the middle of bronco fans?

FAN SNUB

Gold Coast Titans fans have been locked out of Saturday’s derby against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

Sport Confidential can reveal the Titans have been allocated a measly 50 tickets for their supporters as part of the 10,000 crowd cap.

The Broncos have reserved the bulk of the tickets for Brisbane members to attend their first game of the season.

The Titans have been given a small allocation by the NRL.

The Titans will play in front of home fans for the first time this year next Saturday when they host Cronulla at Cbus Super Stadium.
    Source: couriermail.com.au

Allow me to post the rant I emailed back to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    That is such poor sportsmanship from the Broncos who have been privileged to be the sole NRL representative and Brisbane since 1998 and SEQLD 1999-2007.

That is why I stopped being a supporter of them.

I hope they relent and give some allocation. If not, I hope the Titans can always find ways to serve the game and not just themselves.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

^^^^ The Drongoes Suck

Looks like young is out for 12 weeks! Sad to see.. showed some good things!

I find it difficult to believe the Broncos could be so mean spirited and will phone Fox to see if I can make it a public issue ... is beyond belief.

And on Young, it’s hardly surprising after two years out then the speed of the new game ... wishing him a speedy recovery.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hope Jarrod Wallace doesn't play this weekend. With this track record of injuries we can't afford for him to go down if Saints want him immediately.

"The Raiders will be withoput hard man Joe Tapine for their clash with the Eels, while the Titans are sweating on the fitness of Keegan Hipgrave after a training mishap."

"Late Mail: Keegan Hipgrave suffered a knee injury at training on Friday, according to Travis Meyn. Hipgrave tried to run it off, but could pull up sore, so Bryce Cartwright who replaced him at times during session would likely come into the side."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...9c04ff327bed36

Oh yeah I'm totally sweating on the fitness of Hipgrave.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 26-06-20 at 01:11 PM.

Inactive User

Hipgrave has this amazing ability to do things like touch a ball late in the tackle count to create 6 again or do something selfish with the ball or get a 50/50 decision to go against us that flows on to have a diabolical affect on our ability to be in the game.

I couldn’t give a stuff if it’s him or Shanelle’s Husband who plays

Give Fermor the debut

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Give Fermor the debut
    This!!

Broncos v Titans: Niu set for fullback role; Roberts still out
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/22/...rts-to-return/

The Titans sit alone at the foot of the ladder but their big brothers in Brisbane have been copping more scathing criticism after four consecutive losses.

Aside from wanting to quieten their detractors and get their seasons back on track, both teams will be energised by a Queensland derby with a crowd of up to 10,000 allowed to attend after the state government on Sunday eased COVID-19 restrictions.

The Gold Coast have scored wins over the Broncos in two of their four meetings over the past couple of seasons.

Broncos: The Broncos will play 19-year-old half Tom Dearden off the bench against the Titans on Saturday night where he is set to play dummy-half. Jamayne Isaako is set to be 18th man with Dearden getting his first shot in the NRL this year.

"Tom is there to cover Issac Luke. We lost Cory Paix to injury on Tuesday and I don't think Issac is ready to play 80 minutes yet so Tom is there as cover," coach Anthony Seibold said. "He is a very smart footy player with a good passing and kicking game. He is a tough kid defensively."

Tesi Niu starts at fullback, while Pat Carrigan and Tom Flegler are suspended. Joseph Ofahengaue starts at lock and Jamil Hopoate and Rhys Kennedy join the interchange with Paix (strained pec) dropping out. Tyson Gamble and Richard Kennar were cut 24 hours before kick-off. The Broncos have conceded the most penalties and received the fewest after seven rounds.

Titans: Dale Copley replaces Young Tonumaipea (knee) at centre, Mitch Rein bumps Erin Clark out of the hooker role, and Sam Lisone and Keegan Hipgrave are named to start with Jaimin Jolliffe benched and Bryce Cartwright out of the 17.

Jarrod Wallace returns on the interchange. Playmaker Tyrone Roberts (ankle) was again named on an extended bench but he dropped out of the squad 24 hours before kick-off along with Beau Fermor. The Titans have defeated the Broncos in their past two clashes at Suncorp Stadium.

Anthony Milford v Ash Taylor. They each cop more than their share of criticism, but these two playmakers are undeniably elite when they're on song. With the spotlight on them, big performances could be looming.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Broncos v Titans LeagueUnlimited Preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/347...itans-preview/

Tickets open to public after slow sales from fans
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

BRONCOS fans have abandoned their bumbling team, with Queensland’s 10,000 crowd cap in danger of falling flat at Suncorp Stadium tonight, forcing the club to open up ticket sales to the public.

The Broncos will make their first home appearance in front of fans this year when they host the Gold Coast Titans after COVID-19 restrictions were eased by Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk.

But the crowd could fall well short of the maximum 10,000 allowed through the gates as Broncos members baulked at the opportunity to watch their struggling side live.

The Broncos have opened ticket sales to the public after the club’s 37,000 members failed to pounce on seats.

The Broncos’ four-game losing streak and a spike in COVID-19 cases in Victoria has contributed to sluggish ticket sales for the Queensland derby, with a crowd of around 7000 on track to come through the gates.

Suncorp has introduced numerous health and safety measures to mitigate the risk for fans and Broncos CEO Paul White urged people to get to the game.

“I can’t wait to see Broncos members and fans back out there again cheering on their team – it’s really exciting for everyone,” he said.

“For those attending, health and safety remains paramount – the stadium is well set up to ensure everyone can still practise social distancing while enjoying the game.

“We are seeing some lovely Queensland winter weather at the moment, so I’d encourage rugby league supporters to get out and watch some live footy.”

While ticket booths at the ground will be closed, fans are still able to purchase tickets online and on their phones, given information must be logged for potential contact tracing.

The Broncos have been surprised by the lack of demand and believe fans still hold some apprehension around mass gatherings.

The poor form of both teams – the Broncos are ranked 14th and Titans last on the ladder – has also played a part.

The Broncos have not played in front of fans at Suncorp this year and club legend Darren Lockyer said it was natural for people to have some nerves about heading out.

“I think a lot of the older generation in particular are still concerned about the COVID situation,” he said.

“There are a few things at play, there’s the COVID situation and having the capped crowds dilutes the atmosphere, so some people will say ‘am I better off staying at home?’.

“The Broncos and Titans haven’t been playing their best footy lately either, so that might be another reason.”

But Broncos fan Arabella Mengel said she had been looking forward to Suncorp Stadium reopening since closed games were announced.

“I’ve been looking forward to the footy coming back for so long, can’t wait to get back into it and support the boys,” she said.

“It’s so great for the community to be able to experience a live game again and I can’t wait until a full crowd can be back.”