Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

We are in a deep hole and I no doubt will lose it and tear my hair out as the losses mount up and say and type things on the forum in frustration and anger that I will regret.....
    BUT all that really matters to me this year is that there is an enormous clean out with close to everyone coming off contract ruthlessly shown the door and other players not off contract being shopped around AND then those players being replaced by young, talented, ambitious young men that want to be a part of an exciting odyssey together.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We are in a deep hole and I no doubt will lose it and tear my hair out as the losses mount up and say and type things on the forum in frustration and anger that I will regret.....
    BUT all that really matters to me this year is that there is an enormous clean out with close to everyone coming off contract ruthlessly shown the door and other players not off contract being shopped around AND then those players being replaced by young, talented, ambitious young men that want to be a part of an exciting odyssey together.
    I'm with you there mate. I feel the short-term frustration as much as anyone, but we need to remain realistic in our expectations and look at the bigger picture. The rebuild is going to take years, not weeks or months. Cutting half the roster and throwing in Fermor, Farmer, Spry, GL to debut at the same time alongside recalling proven duds like Roberts and Stone won't help anything. In fact, I think it will make things worse by throwing the young guys to the wolves. All I'm looking for this year is incremental improvement and effort. This week was a step back from the previous two games, but for me the key difference was that Ash had a shocker whereas he was one of our best against the Tigers and Rabbitohs. I think we will be forced into a few changes this week through injury, so joint debuts for GL and Spry may eventuate. It's hard to speculate about the team for the Broncos until we know the extent of the injuries to Sami, Young and Thompson, but assuming they are all unavailable (and Copley remains unavailable too), I'd go with something like this:

1. Peachey
    2. Pearson
    3. Kelly
    4. Spry
    5. Don
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Mo
    9. Boyd
    10. Lisone
    11. Proctor
    12. Cartwright
    13. Arrow
    14. Rein
    15. Jolliffe
    16. Wallace
    17. Farmer or Fermor (whoever is further ahead in their development)

I don't think we can carry both Clark and Boyd due to inexperience, and Boyd has been more impressive to me, so I'd keep him over Clark. I've liked Rein's impact off the bench over the last couple of years so have brought him back for limited minutes around the tiring ruck. I look at the impact someone like Robson had off the bench for the Cows (yes I know he's playing 80 now) and I think the quick darts out of dummy half are very important, particularly with the current ruck rules.

Fogarty is the one I really want us to persist with. I think he's the organiser we've been looking for since Prince. He needs time to find his feet, particularly since Ash has been the main shotcaller for several years now and it's not easy to take the reigns practically overnight. If Holbrook drops Ash and plays Boyd at 6, I won't be upset.

Is this a brightside??

Since the restart of the comp (round 4) we are the best performing Qld side lol

Broncos -82, Cowboys -37, Titans -27. That may change next weekend.

Junior

With 10000 allowed in the stadium next weekend, I wonder if Titan members will be allowed to get tickets?

Hopefully blood some new players this week.. give GL a go! I’m really hoping peachy is not going to centres as he is horrible there.. but I’m expecting it

Inactive User

There is no more important game than this one.

Peachy is not an enigma ... he is and has always been a bloody useless twat playing park footy in a professional environment ... get him the frig out.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post

1. Peachey
    2. Pearson
    3. Kelly
    4. Spry
    5. Don
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Mo
    9. Boyd
    10. Lisone
    11. Proctor
    12. Cartwright
    13. Arrow
    14. Rein
    15. Jolliffe
    16. Wallace
    17. Farmer or Fermor (whoever is further ahead in their development)
    Mate you literally just proved my point about you picking Don every week.

Talk on FB is GL will get a run on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Talk on FB is GL will get a run on the wing.
    Hopefully not opposite Coates

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Mate you literally just proved my point about you picking Don every week.
    You ignored all of the context of the rest of the post in order to make your point. If we didn’t have all of the backline injuries, I would have picked Pearson over Don. I already told you this in the other thread. Pull your head in.

Carigan, Flegler, Kotoni Staggs, Jesse Arthars, Jake Turpin, David Fifita, Jordan Kahu, Sean O'Sullivan, Keenan Palasia and
    Jack Bird - are all out so if we have any chance to beat them it is this game but boy do we have to play a lot better than last week to stand a chance

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    You ignored all of the context of the rest of the post in order to make your point. If we didn’t have all of the backline injuries, I would have picked Pearson over Don. I already told you this in the other thread. Pull your head in.
    You’re argument doesn’t justify your point though. GL would play outside Kelly on the left side and Pearson would come in for Don on the right. There is no point on playing Don just because your blooding a rookie at centre on the other side of the field (I’m obviously putting Pearson on the Dons wing rather than keeping him on the left when I say this).

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    You’re argument doesn’t justify your point though. GL would play outside Kelly on the left side and Pearson would come in for Don on the right. There is no point on playing Don just because your blooding a rookie at centre on the other side of the field (I’m obviously putting Pearson on the Dons wing rather than keeping him on the left when I say this).
    Ok, but I said in my post that I don’t want to blood two rookie backs at once. Hence Pearson fills in for Sami and Don stays where he is. You have no point because I’ve never said I want Don there no matter what. For the record, my ideal backline when everyone is fully fit will be:

1. Thompson
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Young
    5. Pearson

14. AJ