Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 7: BRONCOS vs TITANS

BRONCOS vs TITANS

SATURDAY 27TH JUNE 5:30pm
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hoping to see a lot of changes I’d love to see this 17:
    1 Thompson
    2 Pearson
    3 Kelly
    4 Spry
    5 GL
    6 Roberts
    7 Boyd
    8 Mo
    9 Clark
    10 Lisone
    11 Fermor
    12 Proctor
    13 Arrow
    14 Rein
    15 Joliffe
    16 Farmer
    17 Stone

If that team gets named I’ll self harm.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What’s wrong with that team? I’d take it over the 17 we put out this week.

Edit: I didn’t see Rein in there. But I like the changes to the outside backs.

What he said

Rep Player

I wouldn’t be throwing Spry and GL in at the same time unless we have no other option. No to Roberts too. Would rather persist with Taylor. Not the right time to drop Fogarty either. He needs an extended opportunity. Cartwright has been far from our worst too, and I want Stone nowhere near the 17.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I wouldn’t be throwing Spry and GL in at the same time unless we have no other option. No to Roberts too. Would rather persist with Taylor. Not the right time to drop Fogarty either. He needs an extended opportunity. Cartwright has been far from our worst too, and I want Stone nowhere near the 17.
    You pick Don every week though so those comments about GL and Spry don't carry a lot of weight for me. I think you're better to throw them out there and let them form their own combinations rather than put them beside our current outside backs and let them learn their bad habits.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    You pick Don every week though so those comments about GL and Spry don't carry a lot of weight for me. I think you're better to throw them out there and let them form their own combinations rather than put them beside our current outside backs and let them learn their bad habits.
    Where have I “picked Don every week”?

I’m not against GL and Spry, I just don’t think it’s wise to debut them both at the same time.

QLD Cup

I'm not going to scroll through all your messages but go to the "your 17" thread for a start. In a perfect world I'd agree but there is no point in playing players that we know are below NRL standard. The current crop of wingers including Sami have had their chances. Both "the Don" and "the hound" are cult figures who do one good thing every 4-5 games. The commentators love it when they do something but never comment on their basic errors. For the average fan that doesn't really care if we win or not then that's fine it's never going to be good enough for us to be competitive.

We need players that are hungry and want to do that hit up in our own 20. Players that are going to grab the ball and run straight and not dance around before the defensive line. It hurts our whole team when we have to kick from our own 30m line. At the moment BK is the only one that understands that. I know Koni was never a perfect specimen but at least he wasn't scared to take a hit up and do that dirty work for us.

Rep Player

I’ve never said Don is a must pick. If that’s your impression then you’ve misunderstood. What I have done is point out his strengths (great finisher, solid under the high ball) when people say he offers nothing. I would prefer Pearson in over Don, but Don is far from our biggest problem, and he offers more than most here give him credit for.

Inactive User

Just saw the Holbrook press conference
    Young Knee
    Sami hamstring
    Thompson Jaw
    This is very bad

Find a 5/8 that creates opportunities and we are a different team. I’m happy for a two million to sit on the side line until their contracts are up. Broncos will be making mass changes this week so unless injuries force our hand I’d be happy if the only change was no Ash.

Taylor needs to sit this one out. Give Boyd the 6 or start him at 9.

Blooding players in prep for 2021 begins next weekend.

Find a 5/8 that creates opportunities and we are a different team. I’m happy for a two million to sit on the side line until their contracts are up. Broncos will be making mass changes this week so unless injuries force our hand I’d be happy if the only change was no Ash.
    Agree wholeheartedly. Who do you reckon we should go for?

I don't know where farmer is at, but maybe he and fermor should get a run this week. I finally agree that Taylor should sit this one out. I watched the replay and he was involved in the first 20 mins and then went missing. Maybe Boyd and fogarty although I thought fogarty was just as bad as Taylor. Whatever happens I don't want to see Roberts play. Huge step backwards in my opinion. I know there is a fair bit of hate towards carty butvim undecided. He didn't make many runs but he did punch out 40 tackles and one of them saved a certain try. A bit undecided there. Hipgrave can have a rest and fermor or farmer can have a run. I just hope Holbrook makes some changes like he has been.