Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    Inactive User

Respect to everyone that went today. I really couldn’t be there.
    I thought after round 2 we might not win a game all year so I need to keep that in mind before losing my poo.
    I’ve been consistent in always believing we need to be a club driven by local juniors.
    Yet we would constantly try and short cut things by paying overs to blow ins.
    More than ever I hope to God our club has learnt not to do this.
    We need to get rid of all the old campaigners on nice coin and fill the club with ambitious young men, preferably local juniors or with ties to SE QLD/Northern NSW who want to be here and build our club from the bottom up.

I’m talking about building the club around Brimson, BK, GL, YT, Sami, TBoyd, Sexton, Weaver, Mo, Farmer, Fermor, Tino, Dark and maybe Proctor if he’s prepared to take a solid pay cut.
    The only person on the planet I’d pay overs for is DFifita because he’s young, special, has ties to here and if we got him he could open the floodgates of dragging in other top young players with him over time.

Please Mitchell/Mal/Holbrook, don’t do a Garth/Graham/Phil....play the long game and fill our club with ambitious, talented young men that will want to build a legacy together led and put together by you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Respect to everyone that went today. I really couldn’t be there.
    I thought after round 2 we might not win a game all year so I need to keep that in mind before losing my poo.
    I’ve been consistent in always believing we need to be a club driven by local juniors.
    Yet we would constantly try and short cut things by paying overs to blow ins.
    More than ever I hope to God our club has learnt not to do this.
    We need to get rid of all the old campaigners on nice coin and fill the club with ambitious young men, preferably local juniors or with ties to SE QLD/Northern NSW who want to be here and build our club from the bottom up.

I’m talking about building the club around Brimson, BK, GL, YT, Sami, TBoyd, Sexton, Weaver, Mo, Farmer, Fermor, Tino, Dark and maybe Proctor if he’s prepared to take a solid pay cut.
    The only person on the planet I’d pay overs for is DFifita because he’s young, special, has ties to here and if we got him he could open the floodgates of dragging in other top young players with him over time.

Please Mitchell/Mal/Holbrook, don’t do a Garth/Graham/Phil....play the long game and fill our club with ambitious, talented young men that will want to build a legacy together led and put together by you guys.
    Agreed we need to remember what Newcastle did not too long ago and built a team around some young enthusiastic players then brought in a little bit of experience and played the long game

Sorry everyone, I thought we could win so I tipped us today. Should have known better.

I think the most disappointing thing is that we are so inconsistent and when we are bad, we are super bad. It just seems like when we are tired, we just revert back to the mantra "paycheck."

- - - Updated - - -

To explain how bad we are, I have had foxtel iq for three years. I tape every game and only keep the wins. There are twelve games in my library.

First Grader

Our second rowers offers nothing in attack and do not take any hit ups to help the front rowers Cartwright did 6 runs algae for 42 meters and Procfor not much better at 8 runs for 57 meters Just pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Our second rowers offers nothing in attack and do not take any hit ups to help the front rowers Cartwright did 6 runs algae for 42 meters and Procfor not much better at 8 runs for 57 meters Just pathetic
    It took Cartwright 48 minutes of game time to have a hit up

Boyd should be our 6, he is full of energy and plays direct at the line, his passing is abit sloppy from 9 and so is Clark's. It's like we haven't adjusted to the new rules, we should be playing flat and over the advantage line not shifting it deep and sideways everytime we come out of our own end. The only time we look like a scoring is when we luckily get a penalty or 6 again call but then instead of building pressure or having ago at the line we look clueless attacking the line and come up with a poor 5th tackle option. Idk how I feel about ash and Fogarty we lack any sort of game plan or direction I attack and that's on the halves and hookers, it's like we go hit up aftar hit up or just keep shifting it sideways and then give it to ash and hope for the best.we lack guidance and experience in our spine and I don't know if peats or Roberts would help that. Our outstide backs are terrible comin out of our own line. I'd like to see gl or Pearson or spry given a run can't be any worse than don running sideways across the field or Sami stepping sideways and going nowhere. Fermor or farmer can't be any worse than Carty standing there doing nothing like a passenger
    Last edited by GCTTSD; 21-06-20 at 12:16 AM.

Junior

TBH I liked what we were doing the first 20 mins. You could see the outside backs trying to get involved early and rolling up the field pretty easily. The wheels fell off. Pereira's cheap shot was the turning point IMO.. how that isn't 10 in the bin I will never know. Holbrook looks pretty deflated with our halfs situation, Im not sure what he can do to fix it (drop ash?). We play so far before the defensive line its embarrassing.. and yet again our guys just physically are not up to play weekly NRL games by the injury list.

QLD Cup

I didn't have high hopes for a win in this game but saw good things in the second half of the Rabbit's game and hoped for improvement. This game was a step backwards. I thought that with a new coach there would be improvement. To that extent I am disappointed and fear we will play the Broncos into form. Not much joy for Queenslanders this week. .....and they want expansion?

Didn’t watch and now won’t.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Crowds now allowed to be 25% capacity
    Our future home games MUST be now played at CBUS.

I think we need to quickly apply some pressure to club, NRL and Govt to make this happen.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 21-06-20 at 01:43 PM.

Junior

Jordan Pereira charged Grade 3 for the hit on Corey what a load crap that he did not get sent off when it happened...

Quote Originally Posted by timor 2 View Post
    Jordan Pereira charged Grade 3 for the hit on Corey what a load crap that he did not get sent off when it happened...
    I didn't think it was a send off offence at the time but I thought the rules now allowed for a bloke to be put in the bin for 10 minutes for foul play. At least that would have given us some fairness for losing a player.