Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Hipgrave. How many bone head moments do we need to see from this twit before we just leave him out of the team.

I normally like Hipgrave but he has been really poor today.

QLD Cup

Erin Clarke is certainly not going to be our saviour at hooker. We also need a completely new backline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    And the same team will be picked again next week
    With the injuries today. Can’t. The team will be worse next week due to no depth as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Erin Clarke is certainly not going to be our saviour at hooker. We also need a completely new backline.
    He is slow and very one-dimensional.

What is the tackle restart count it must be 1000 to 1

Kick and hope paid off.

- - - Updated - - -

And Taylor again channeling his inner 2019 Cartwright

- - - Updated - - -

And we couldn’t go a game without the lazy arm from Peachey

I know we had a lot of injuries but we were was absolutely clueless in attack. It's a bit worrying because shouldn't we have some set plays and structure from Holbrook? At least we scored 28 against the Dragons last year.

Erin Clark wasn't going to be our saviour at 9, he's at least shown he's a capable NRL hooker and is an asset as a depth player in the future when this team is serious about competing for the top 8.

I will be surprised if Hipgrave plays next week. Not because of form but because of a tackle he attempted with about 5 or so minutes to go. He stuffed it totally and although he got straight back up I would think he would have another head assessment done. We are low on troops so not sure where Holbrook is gunna get players from. I guess Wallace will be back for starters.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Erin Clark wasn't going to be our saviour at 9, he's at least shown he's a capable NRL hooker and is an asset as a depth player in the future when this team is serious about competing for the top 8.
    Completely disagree. I don't think he has been up to NRL standard at all. His service is sloppy and his decision making isn't much better. I understand that we need a new dummy half but I don't think we shouldn't assess what is NRL standard against Rein or Peats. I think Boyd has outplayed Clark and he is makeshift hooker.

First Grader

We had a chance to sign Reece Robson who is local junior but our recruitment is sh!t and sign Clark who is not a hooker anyway

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Completely disagree. I don't think he has been up to NRL standard at all. His service is sloppy and his decision making isn't much better. I understand that we need a new dummy half but I don't think we shouldn't assess what is NRL standard against Rein or Peats. I think Boyd has outplayed Clark and he is makeshift hooker.
    Boyd always outplays Clark when he comes on to replace him, imo. But my question is, would people rather see Boyd as a 6 or a 9? What is his preferred position?

Inactive User

People put so much effort, money and love into building a local club but we are simply an irrelevance
    It’s got good people running it, the coaching staff are fine and even the players I think are trying their hardest.
    But the fact is we have a playing list that’s not NRL standard and it will take years to correct what Garth Brennan, Phil Moss and Graham Annesley have left us.

Just back home from the game and read all the comments. For once it was great to see virtually no comments praising anyone, because not one player was worth praise after that. The worst performance of the year I thought and thank god the Dragons clocked off for the last 30 minutes. I kept thinking what if we were playing the Roosters.
    But as Bods said we have a crap list and just need to start again, but where do you start. Yet again when we had the chance in the early minutes to control the game, Taylor screwed up everything he tried. He is pathetic, among many others.