Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

I wonder how someone like Shannon Boyd can look like he's running in a mix of **** and honey (thanks Seibold) but Addin Fonua Blake who is roughly the same weight has no problems. How did Boyd ever get selected for national honours? What does/did Mal see in him?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I wonder how someone like Shannon Boyd can look like he's running in a mix of **** and honey (thanks Seibold) but Addin Fonua Blake who is roughly the same weight has no problems. How did Boyd ever get selected for national honours? What does/did Mal see in him?
    Yeah it's got me stuffed as well. When they signed him I thought, why.
    Of the established players we have signed over the years he is up there with the Sarginson, Joe Greenwood group but he is a length of the straight winner as our worst ever signing in my opinion. I'm sure there are others up there but I put them out of my memory.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yeah it's got me stuffed as well. When they signed him I thought, why.
    Of the established players we have signed over the years he is up there with the Sarginson, Joe Greenwood group but he is a length of the straight winner as our worst ever signing in my opinion. I'm sure there are others up there but I put them out of my memory.
    Even Ricky Stuart said he couldn't understand what we were doing when we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Was it Mal? Or Brennan?...or both

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    We were negotiating with Wallace and Boyd at the same time.
    It looked like Wallace would leave so Boyd was a fallback position.
    Then when Wallace re-signed GRAHAM/Brennan/Mal should have withdrawn the offer to Boyd but put integrity and personal reputation ahead of the health of our list and salary cap.
    Now we are stuck with a Poo Sandwich while Graham has his luxury NRL job back in Sydney and Brennan kicks back with his contract payout.

For the upset brigade, I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We were negotiating with Wallace and Boyd at the same time.
    It looked like Wallace would leave so Boyd was a fallback position.
    Then when Wallace re-signed GRAHAM/Brennan/Mal should have withdrawn the offer to Boyd but put integrity and personal reputation ahead of the health of our list and salary cap.
    Now we are stuck with a Poo Sandwich while Graham has his luxury NRL job back in Sydney and Brennan kicks back with his contract payout.

For the upset brigade, I apologise.
    Had nothing to do with Graham. Was actually a decision driven and managed by our recruitment manager at the time - Phil Moss.

Regardless, horrific signing.

I’m looking forward to this game. Copley and Roberts always have a good battle and one seems to light up the other, here’s hoping brother Dale has a blinder
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 11-06-20 at 12:12 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Had nothing to do with Graham. Was actually a decision driven and managed by our recruitment manager at the time - Phil Moss.

Regardless, horrific signing.

I’m looking forward to this game. Copley and Roberts always have a good battle and one seems to light up the other, here’s hoping brother Dale has a blinder
    Phil Moss...did he go to Cronulla??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Phil Moss...did he go to Cronulla??
    Yeah mate I think he’s their head of football now. He was with Cronulla before he came to us as well.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah mate I think he’s their head of football now. He was with Cronulla before he came to us as well.
    Thanks. Another with a lot to answer for.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Boyd was signed on 16 May 2018 and Mal didn't sign until 7 November 2018 (according to the Titans website). Mal is an immortal but he can't bend time.

Here's a link to an interesting article back then. Pretty much everything eventuated.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...a7b85ec21d76d0

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Boyd was signed on 16 May 2018 and Mal didn't sign until 7 November 2018 (according to the Titans website). Mal is an immortal but he can't bend time.

Here's a link to an interesting article back then. Pretty much everything eventuated.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...a7b85ec21d76d0
    So what you're saying is that nothing good has gone to the Titans from Canberra?

james roberts has been ruled out

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    james roberts has been ruled out
    This maybe good for us... Anyhow Souths will be still hard to beat...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    This maybe good for us... Anyhow Souths will be still hard to beat...
    That's good, Roberts always seems to go well against us. That should bring us within 15 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Yeh I was thinking the same.. Boyd looks too slow for the game and didn’t give much impact.. Wallace needs to get his fitness up.. the game feels more like the 9’s but with more players! Be good to see how Fermor goes if he gets a go!
    Boyd has looked too slow for years. I remember when we signed him that pretty much all of us were in disbelief.
    I doubt that Wallace will ever get up tp speed either, he was too slow and unfit before the rule changes so can't see him being useful at all.

I hope that the team displays the same grit as last week as we don't want to be playing South's back into form.