Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Terrible first half, better second half. Rookie errors. Taylor back to passing 5m before the line.

Worst thing about this is playing Lattrell Mitchell back into form and now having to listen to all the commentators lick his sweaty date about how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Terrible first half, better second half. Rookie errors. Taylor back to passing 5m before the line.

Worst thing about this is playing Lattrell Mitchell back into form and now having to listen to all the commentators lick his sweaty date about how good he is.
    I think this is annoying me more.

First Grader

2 take-always

We really lack go forward are go side ways too much.

Taylor is still sh!t and lacked any involvement in that 2nd half when he needed to step up.

Let’s organise a swap with Drongoes for Dearden ASAP

I was happy to see some fight in the team in the 2nd half after nothing to cheer about in the first. Stings to see Mitchell have a good game against us. Lacked go forward. Outclassed but I'm not without hope. Dragons next.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Disappointing to lose that after the win last week but that second half was a lot better. Really in the first half there was one souths try after Don was ruled to have taken it dead (replay showed that Johnston knocked it dead) and another try off an incorrect knock on call against Kelly (he didn't even touch it). You take those two tries off and it's a much better result. Also a few lucky tries to Latrell and Burns where they lost it but regathered it, but good teams make their own luck I suppose.

Best today were Carty, Kelly and of course Mo. Really impressed by Carty's form post flu-shot he created a ton of opportunities tonight but the execution just wasn't there from the other guys. Looks really interested and his defence has been much improved too.

Execution and a couple of hard running forwards that punch holes in the defence (Mo is our only one) is what we are lacking severely. It might seem shocking looking at the scorelines but our goal line defence is quite good, we just do too much of it and tire out by the end.

Overall, sucks to lose and the margin blew out but the effort especially in the second half was extraordinary. Need to keep it going though and next week vs Saints is a must win

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    2 take-always

We really lack go forward are go side ways too much.

Taylor is still sh!t and lacked any involvement in that 2nd half when he needed to step up.

Let’s organise a swap with Drongoes for Dearden ASAP
    Deardon yep or any decent half. I fear Taylor is never going to make it.

Good take Bundy. I'm nodding my head. The road back won't be paved in win win win win loss win. It's going to be a process. And Souths are well resourced contenders.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Best today were Carty, Kelly and of course Mo. Really impressed by Carty's form post flu-shot he created a ton of opportunities tonight but the execution just wasn't there from the other guys. Looks really interested and his defence has been much improved too.
    I still can't get a read on Cartwright. Does some good things occasionally but I always cringe when he is around the ball, never sure what you're gonna get. Not the worst currently though.

Calmed down now...nuthin’ to say
    Last edited by shamus; 13-06-20 at 09:52 PM.

It is so frustrating watching us play, we beat ourselves with dumb errors and failing to build pressure. I absolutely hate it how everytime we are running out from our own half we play so deep and just shift it sideways and go nowhere, we need to be playing flat and over the advantage line

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Disappointing to lose that after the win last week but that second half was a lot better. Really in the first half there was one souths try after Don was ruled to have taken it dead (replay showed that Johnston knocked it dead) and another try off an incorrect knock on call against Kelly (he didn't even touch it). You take those two tries off and it's a much better result. Also a few lucky tries to Latrell and Burns where they lost it but regathered it, but good teams make their own luck I suppose.

Execution and a couple of hard running forwards that punch holes in the defence (Mo is our only one) is what we are lacking severely. It might seem shocking looking at the scorelines but our goal line defence is quite good, we just do too much of it and tire out by the end.

Overall, sucks to lose and the margin blew out but the effort especially in the second half was extraordinary. Need to keep it going though and next week vs Saints is a must win
    I agree with most of this. Thought our goal line defence was really good. Annoys the hell out of me when our wingers jam in, particularly Don. Still not sure why he is in the team ahead of Pearson. Yes, he is a threat in the air, but he is aware of his lack of speed and too often shoots up too far in defence. Every time he is put away through an overlap down the sideline, he knows he isn't going far and always tries to step back inside.

As much as I hate losing, upon reflection this year needs to be about 4 things-

1. Avoiding the wooden spoon
    2. Start rebuilding a culture of hard work and opportunity, clearing out some deadwood.
    3. Use the year to gauge exactly what we have in Taylor. Saw good signs last week, this week not so much
    4. Further develop some of our young players such as Kelly (as a centre), Tanah Boyd, Fermor, Fogarty, Clark and Joliffe.

Before this year started Fogarty, Clark, Lisone, Tonumaipea and Joliffe weren't even in our squad, yet I think they all can be genuine options for our 17 next season.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 13-06-20 at 05:43 PM.

Tanah Boyd was super impressive tonight as was Brian Kelly.

Honestly, I thought there were some good signs there, certainly appreciating the fight that a lot of these guys are showing.

Shout-out to resident pea-brain Keegan Hipgrave as well for selfishly trying to take the line on and losing the ball early in the tackle count. We had all the momentum up until then, and that killed it.

I know I give him a lot of **** on here, and it's big blunders like that from him week in week out which is the reason why.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 13-06-20 at 06:26 PM.

Inactive User

I thought we were destroyed by the referee giving every marginal decision against us in the first half compounded by Souffs also getting some good luck with the football followed by a second half that backed up my first point.
    The game should have been much closer than that score line but the Referee and the Bunker Boys do live in Sydney and we are a small club.
    We weren’t that bad.

Inactive User

Holbrook not happy either with the first half performance of the referees