Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Rep Player

If Ash can’t get it together this week, what do you guys reckon about Roberts and Fogarty in the halves?

Ash had the best short kicking game in the comp pre-Hayne. I just don’t understand what has happened to it.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    If Ash can’t get it together this week, what do you guys reckon about Roberts and Fogarty in the halves?

Ash had the best short kicking game in the comp pre-Hayne. I just don’t understand what has happened to it.
    Two words can answer that - Roberts and Brennan. Massive no to Roberts ever getting a run in the halves again. Much rather Boyd or even Sexton

Dunno why T Boyd didn't get a run sooner...thought he was a standout in the Nines.

I'm delighted to see the axe swing and I back Holbrook. As other people said, he won't die wondering. And this type of action is years overdue. It will help build a competitive culture.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'm delighted to see the axe swing and I back Holbrook. As other people said, he won't die wondering. And this type of action is years overdue. It will help build a competitive culture.
    Totally agree and if it doesn't then plenty of contracts to negotiate over the next three years. Still expect to lose but at least others are getting a go rather than worrying about putting a salary cap on the field. Maybe we should start a deadpool thread "who's next?"

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Dunno why T Boyd didn't get a run sooner...thought he was a standout in the Nines.
    Really happy for Boyd to get a chance but I don't think the 9's performance should be compared to the real stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Really happy for Boyd to get a chance but I don't think the 9's performance should be compared to the real stuff.
    Thought he was decent in the few games he played for us last year too. Has a bit of go in him...which is more than I can say for the rest of our spine.

Its obvious with Taylor. He isnt an organising half. He needs less touches if the Titans are going to be any chance.
    Fogarty has been picked for a reason, let him do his job - if Ash gets in the way then hook him for Boyd until he gets the message.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by RufusRex View Post
    Its obvious with Taylor. He isnt an organising half. He needs less touches if the Titans are going to be any chance.
    Fogarty has been picked for a reason, let him do his job - if Ash gets in the way then hook him for Boyd until he gets the message.
    Love this.

No matter what happens this weekend, we'll always have 59-0. Big howdy to Badger from last week.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    No matter what happens this weekend, we'll always have 59-0. Big howdy to Badger from last week.
    Broncos humiliated as Roosters run riot in 59-0 victory at Suncorp Stadium
    There are not enough words left to describe the hole Brisbane now find themselves in. Decimated by injury, utterly demoralised and ripped apart by the Sydney Roosters in a record-breaking defeat at Suncorp Stadium.
    Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail

June 4, 2020 11:18pm
    Close

This wasn’t an NRL contest. This was men belting boys.
    Injury ravaged Brisbane slumped to the worst loss in their 32-year history as the red-hot Roosters spanked the Baby Broncos in a stunning 59-0 massacre at Suncorp Stadium.
    The 10-try carve-up also represented Brisbane’s worst-ever loss at Suncorp Stadium, leaving the battered Broncos in tatters ahead of Thursday night’s road trip to face Manly on the NSW Central Coast.
    This serving of ineptitude eclipsed the Broncos’ 58-0 finals horror show against the Eels last September, which triggered an internal player review by coach Anthony Seibold.

The Broncos went into the clash without injured Alex Glenn, Jack Bird and David Fifita and suspended Tevita Pangai Jr and Kotoni Staggs but not even Allan Langer would have saved them from the type of defeat that spotlights a club’s culture.
    The Broncos board should be asking questions of this debacle and how the NRL’s richest club can serve up such a pathetic standard of football.
    Injuries alone can be no excuse for a second consecutive implosion after last week’s 34-6 loss to the Eels.
    In the space of seven days, the Broncos have conceded 93 points, leaked 16 tries and missed 54 tackles.

There was no heart. No energy. No commitment. No cohesion. No line speed. No apparent spirit and simply no constructive ideas as the Broncos capitulated against the back-to-back premiers, who hummed along like a Rolls Royce.
    The Roosters were slick. Brisbane were shambolic.
    The scary thing is that Roosters sensation James Tedesco (illness) was a late scratching. If the NRL’s No.1 player appeared, the Roosters would have won by 70.
    Even allowing for Brisbane’s injury toll, this performance was unacceptable for a glamour club like the Broncos. Club founder Paul ‘Porky’ Morgan would be turning in his grave.

Never has this club looked so utterly clueless.
    The Broncos were so lifeless in the first half their troops should have had temperature checks at half-time.
    Some of the Roosters’ five first-half tries were so soft it looked like the premiers were cantering through a training run. The most emphatic evidence came in the 10th minute, when Broncos veteran Darius Boyd was horribly caught out rushing up in defence, allowing Joseph Manu to score in the corner untouched.
    In the 59th minute, Roosters prop Lindsay Collins strolled over like he was walking down Queen St Mall.

Brisbane’s pain was inescapable.
    Regardless of the opposition, the Broncos will not compete for the top eight if they continue to disrespect possession. Their first-half completion rate was 47 per cent.
    While he has a depleted squad, coach Seibold has to somehow raise the spirit of his troops to keep their finals ambitions on track.
    Darius Boyd’s defence at left centre was woeful and halfback Brodie Croft could be dropped in favour of Tom Dearden. But the real problem is Brisbane’s inexperienced pack … and a side which is simply too young to compete with the big boys.
    SYDNEY ROOSTERS 59 (A Crichton 2 L Collins K Flanagan L Keary J Manu B Morris J Morris V Radley D Tupou tries K Flanagan 9 goals L Keary field goal) bt BRISBANE 0 at Suncorp Stadium. Referee: Grant Atkins.

Badel must have hated writing that....

QLD Cup

I understand the Broncos hate but they can improve with their young team. We can't this season with the old underperforming players which still underpin the team at the moment.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I understand the Broncos hate but they can improve with their young team. We can't this season with the old underperforming players which still underpin the team at the moment.
    The Drongoes getting flogged is a small ray of light and joy for me to hold onto during our current hopeless, embarrassing and hapless predicament.

i won $560 off them getting flogged too, most enjoyable night of footy ive had in a while