Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Gone with a pretty light bench, it will be interesting to see our gameplan with subs and if he's trying to exploit the new rules.

I'll say maybe Tyrone Peachey finds himself playing serious minutes in the back-row if that is the bench come gametime, he could benefit there with the new rules.

Thank you Holbrook. Shame we have to have a winger on the bench but looking at our current squad, can't even question it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Great to see Tannah Boyd onto the bench.
    Sure is mate. Hope he gets some good minutes.

Also think that the side will change abit before game day. I’ll tip Roberts out.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    I'll say maybe Tyrone Peachey finds himself playing serious minutes in the back-row if that is the bench come gametime, he could benefit there with the new rules.
    Either that or Roberts won't last the game at fullback due to fitness and Young T comes in for a backline reshuffle if required.

I started reading the teamsheet and saw Roberts and Peachey and felt dejected but then saw the other changes.

Love Clark starting at hooker and Tanah coming off the bench. I have said before that i think Tanah could be a superstar at hooker, particularly now the way the game is going.

I'll give Holbrook credit, he is not mucking around. Takes some stones to put an Origin player like Wallace on the extended bench and leave Peats (another origin player) and Shannon Boyd (unbelievably a Kangaroo) out of the squad.

Bravo.

I would not be suprised if Kelly starts in the centres with YT on the wing and Peachey to the bench.

Every week Holbrook impresses me more. He is shaking things up and is showing the playing group that he is the boss. Love it. He is hampered by the roster but he you can see that he isn't going to die wondering about what each player has to offer.
    As much as I hate to say it Cartwright might actually be an effective player in the current climate. His defense is still his biggest concern and even if he does play well he still needs to be moved on when his contract expires.

Rep Player

I like it. However, I would prefer Roberts out with Sami/Young fullback (don't care who) and Sami/Young/Pearson wings, Copley/Kelly centres, Peachey bench and Cartwright out.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I like it. However, I would prefer Roberts out with Sami/Young fullback (don't care who) and Sami/Young/Pearson wings, Copley/Kelly centres, Peachey bench and Cartwright out.
    If we get C Thompson from the Tigers then Roberts must go out. Sami to the wing with Pearson and Young has to prove he is up to speed, bench utility back?
    Copley and Kelly centres but only until we have someone to step up and replace Copley.
    I have Young on the bench so Peachey is gone and Cartwright onto bench.

QLD Cup

To add even more insult Pearson is listed below Don. He would have been the first back, or possibly second behind Kelly that I would have picked this week.

QLD Cup

After years of coaches putting up the same failed combinations, it is great to see something different. I can't know what the coach sees at training so I won't question the details of the team. But now let's see this year who stands up and delivers. I look forward to seeing Spry, Farmer, and Fermor get a go this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    After years of coaches putting up the same failed combinations, it is great to see something different. I can't know what the coach sees at training so I won't question the details of the team. But now let's see this year who stands up and delivers. I look forward to seeing Spry, Farmer, and Fermor get a go this season.
    With what little I have seen of Spry I am not convinced he will make it, personal opinion only.
    Farmer, I can't wait to see him get a shot.
    Fermor, haven't really seen him yet so can't comment.

There is a footy god. Don't agree with Roberts at full back and Pearson getting dropped but obviously he watched the same game we did. I reckon this is how it'll work. Peachy to lock or second row. Kelly to centre and young to wing. Pretty good setup.

Anything that will wake this lot up is wonderful... go coach go!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

GO TITANS KICK SOME BUTTS