Default Former Titans star Mat Rogers reveals (not really) why club won't have him back

Former Gold Coast Titans star Mat Rogers reveals why club won't have him back
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/

Former Gold Coast Titans star Mat Rogers has revealed how his previous club knocked him back over a potential role within the team.

Rogers, who starred for the Titans between 2007 and 2011, played a total of 77 games for club and scored 31 tries.

Regarded as one of Australia's greatest success stories with representative honours in both league and Union, with 45 appearances for the Wallabies, Rogers has revealed how his former side won't have him back at the club.

Admitting he would "love" to help the Titans who finished on the bottom of the premiership ladder last season, the former dual-code star said he was knocked back over a "differing of opinions."

"I'd love to do something with the club, but it hasn't quite panned out," Rogers told 2GB's The Continuous Call Team.

"Bit of a differing of opinions between some certain people at the club and myself unfortunately.

"I sort of sit on the sidelines and watch."

Earlier in the week, Rogers made headlines around the NRL when he urged the game's anti-vaxxers to remember they're part of a team.

Rogers said that the anti-vaxxers need to understand that their decisions could have implications on the entire competition.

"I agree with pro-choice, but when that starts to affect your teammates and the potential league, I tend to worry," he told Nine News.

"Really the only people who can be pro-choice are the people who run their own ship.

"Every employee out there has stipulations. You can't go to work everyday and just choose what you want to do.

"That's the reality of being an employee and that's what you do when you put your hand up to play in the NRL, you're an employee.

"You're a part of a team, and that team relies on you. Sacrifices need to be made."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The Clubs loss..

I’d have him over Mal

It's a real shame that Rogers and even Prince aren't involved with the club

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    It's a real shame that Rogers and even Prince aren't involved with the club
    I don’t think Prince wants much to do with the club after the way he left does he?

Inactive User

I’ve said it in here before and I will say it again
    If I was the CEO I’d scrap Mal’s Reported $400k a year job and create 3 jobs on $130k a year each
    Mat-Head of Performance
    Nathan-Head of Culture
    Preston-Head of Welfare

First Grader

I wouldn't want prince anywhere near the club. Lives on the coast yet is all about the donkeys

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’ve said it in here before and I will say it again
    If I was the CEO I’d scrap Mal’s Reported $400k a year job and create 3 jobs on $130k a year each
    Mat-Head of Performance
    Nathan-Head of Culture
    Preston-Head of Welfare
    Why would they need to be Head? Can't they be involved with the club without being in executive positions? Jobs for the boys don't tend to work out well unless the boy has managerial experience, e.g. Anthony Laffranchi. Even then, social ties introduce conflicts of interest that make it difficult to make the tough calls.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Why would they need to be Head? Can't they be involved with the club without being in executive positions? Jobs for the boys don't tend to work out well unless the boy has managerial experience, e.g. Anthony Laffranchi. Even then, social ties introduce conflicts of interest that make it difficult to make the tough calls.
    I’d be more than happy to retitle/rebrand the roles in any way you like but it be great to have them working in the club in those roles and exiting Mal would free up the $$$ so they could work in those roles.
    Mat-Assistant Secretary of Performance
    Nathan-Assistant Secretary of Culture
    Preston-Welfare Programs Assistant

Do we have many of our first generation still involved with the club?

I may be biased but champion humans like Rogers are so important to a young club like ours, they have experienced so much and can really contribute to the culture/help new players.