Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I wonder if Matt Parcell wants to come home...
    Do you know where he specifically grew up??

The sections in bold are very interesting........

Coach Justin Holbrook spoke with the media this morning to preview tomorrow night’s fixture.
    1. Excitement is building
    “Yeah it’s great,” Holbrook said. “It’s exciting for everyone involved in the game and the fans as well. Peter V’landys has done a great job, and it’s fantastic to know that I can head home from training today and footy will be back on the TV tonight.”

Cowboys v Titans - Round 3

Cowboys v Titans - Round 3
    2. Jamal the general
    “It’s fantastic,” Holbrook said of the NRL return of halfback Jamal Fogarty. “Obviously I watched him guide Burleigh last year, and he played well in the trial against us as well. I suppose for us as a team we’re probably lacking that real general as the natural halfback. That’s why we’ve brought him in. He’s exactly what we need. He’s one of those guys who works hard on his game. As a coach, it’s a rewarding story. He’ll slot in nicely.”
    3. Middle forward rotation about balance
    “I think it’s different for the middles and being a bench player,” Holbrook said. “For me, we haven’t started well. We haven’t had Moe (Fotuaika) fit, and I’ve spoken many times before about getting the balance right for our side. Wal (Jarrod Wallace) will get the same amount of minutes and, being a middle, not a lot will change for him. When you’re in the forwards you obviously want to run out with the team, but it’s just what is happening for the balance of our side.”
    4. Taylor the six
    “I just think it’ll suit him,” Holbrook said of Ash Taylor’s move to five-eighth. “We’ve had him as the organiser, and it hasn’t worked. In the time off, I had a long think about every individual in our side and had to work out how we can get the best out of everyone. I think with Jamal being such an organiser, it makes it easier for Ash to just play the standard five-eighth role. He can touch the ball less, but he needs to make sure he makes it count.”

5. Anthony Don unlikely to play
    “He’s struggling (with a knee injury),” Holbrook said. “Donny is unlikely, unless he does something fantastic today. His knee has been pretty sore. We’ll see how he goes today, but he’s unlikely to be honest. Both Jonus Pearson and Brian Kelly are there, so we’ll look to make a call on that later today.”

Holbrook is impressing me more every day....
    Last edited by ozynorts; 28-05-20 at 03:46 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Do you know where he specifically grew up??
    Australia I presume

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Australia I presume
    Does anyone know where Matt Parcell grew up?

I wonder if these guys are injured or are unfit or just aren't making it into first grade but are given an out to save face.

- - - Updated - - -

First Grader

Really liking Holbrook. It certainly seems from those comments regarding fogarty that he is planning on keeping him in the side for an extended run which is good.

Again Holbrook seems to be making all the right moves with the pieces he has, I honestly believe this bloke will drag us up and up the ladder in the years to come and turn this club around.

Junior

Yep Ipswich was coached by the Walker brothers....

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by timor 2 View Post
    Yep Ipswich was coached by the Walker brothers....
    Thanks JB/T2.
    Shouldn’t be too hard to sell The GC to an Ipswich lad.

Parcell can play but was apparently a difficult personality at all the clubs he was at here

Rep Player

So was Jackson Hastings but he has apparently grown up and wants to come back to the NRL soon

Inactive User

We’ve got Perenara tomorrow.
    That prick ruined us against Parramatta
    If Mal farted in the stands he’d rule 6 to go against us.
    He caned us in the penalties and cynically gave us some even up penalties in the last ten mins.

We’ve got Perenara tomorrow.
    That prick ruined us against Parramatta
    If Mal farted in the stands he’d rule 6 to go against us.
    He caned us in the penalties and cynically gave us some even up penalties in the last ten mins.
    Then I guess we should stop giving away penalties. I'm talking to you Wallace because you will cost us 18 points tomorrow with your slow reset and 5th tackle brain fades.

Rep Player

Gee the Eels are looking good this year. Watching them demolish a stacked Broncos side makes me feel better about our boys getting toweled up by them. I think I might put a sneaky tip on our boys for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    so its??

1. Sami
    2. Pearson
    3. Peachey
    4. Kelly
    5. Copley
    Wonder what they'll do with Copley. All he's been saying is being excited to have a clean run at centre. Team does look better NZ's way though.

Game Day. I am looking forward to it. Would love a good win to start the weekend.
    Psmitty