Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Is Kelly getting dropped because of the whole drama? I really don't like the sound of Copley starting in the centres
    I would prefer him on the field TBH. Roberts no where near it but I guess Ash needs his security blanket. Last time we threw three halfs out there they all stepped on each others toes trying to out do each other.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I would prefer him on the field TBH. Roberts no where near it but I guess Ash needs his security blanket. Last time we threw three halfs out there they all stepped on each others toes trying to out do each other.
    Yip it was an absolute disaster. Roberts woeful defence was amplified at fullback as well. Man other teams must be rubbing their hands together knowing that as soon as they break the line it all but guarantees a try.

It's great that Fogarty is getting a run but why not just remove Taylors hand break all together.

Michael Morgan locked of stadium; coaches push second-tier competition
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

Cowboys capatin Michael Morgan will be forced to watch his team’s round three derby from the couch, NRL coaches push for a second-tier competition and Titans’ new ‘Alfie’ - it’s all in BLINDSIDE.

He is North Queensland’s skipper but injured captain Michael Morgan faces being locked out of the Cowboys’ new stadium for their season relaunch against the Titans next Friday night.

Morgan will miss the round three clash after recently undergoing shoulder surgery but was at least hoping to support his teammates by joining Paul Green in the coaching box at Queensland Country Bank Stadium.

But the NRL’s strict COVID-19 guidelines around game-day staffing and attendance could result in captain “Morgo” being relegated to his lounge room for the NRL’s Project Apollo kick-off on May 28.

Under the crowd-lockout rules, each NRL club can have 20 players and 12 club-related staff in attendance on game day, with Morgan set to be squeezed out.

“There’s only a certain amount of people can go there so I think I’ll be watching our game on TV,” Morgan told Blindside.

“I only just got told so it stung me a bit. I was hoping to be there supporting the boys but it looks like I’m locked out.

“The Cowboys can name a certain amount of players and only have a certain amount of staff inside the venue.

“I assumed I would be allowed to go because I have been training with the team every day, but because I’m not playing, I can’t be there which is disappointing.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Roberts is not fit enough to be fullback. Full stop.

TR's dodgy achilles tendon will be put under more pressure at fullback.

Overall...our defence has been awful this year...and the covid break will have done us no favours in this department. I was hoping Dymock could have quickly instilled some grit and determination into the squad for this season.

Instead...in 2 games we lead the comp in conceded line breaks with 15, missed the most tackles - 80, and conceded the most offloads - 29. We have the worst completion rate - 64% and we are also in front on penalties conceded with 21. All this will most likely rise with the new "6 again rule".

As far as errors go...we sit on 25, which is less than the storm, eels, roosters, raiders, sharks, sea eagles and bulldogs...but their defence is better.

Until our defensive attitude and discipline improves...wins will be few and far between.

Inactive User

What’s our travel arrangements for this MINI GF?

It’ll be 356 days since the Titans’ last NRL win. Here's how they aim to stop it becoming a full year

May 25, 2020 1:19pm
    by GEORGE CLARKE
    Source: FOX SPORTS

Get ready for the return of the 2020 season by joining Ben Ikin and Paul Kent as they discuss the game’s big issues on Fox League’s NRL360 Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 6.30pm.

When the Titans take the field to face the Cowboys on Friday night, it will be 356 days since they won an NRL game.

With North Queensland priced at $1.30 on home soil, the bookmakers are expecting the Titans’ winless run to stretch out to a close to a full year.

Since 1998, only Manly and Souths have had longer spells between wins, although that reflects the time the former merged with Norths and the latter was out of the competition.

The Gold Coast haven’t won since a gritty 6-4 victory over Brisbane at CBUS on June 9 last year – 13 games.

Only Wests (Round 15, 1998 – Round 5, 1999, 14 straight losses) and Newcastle (Round 7, 2016 – Round 1, 2017, 19 straight losses) have longer stretches without a win since the Super League war.

Winless to start the season with losses against Canberra and Parramatta, the bleak outlook is compounded by the fact the Titans scored just 12 points across those opening two games.

Lock Jai Arrow, however, says it’s the furthest thing from the squad’s mind as they prepare to travel to Townsville this Friday.

“It’s not something we’ve spoken about [and] we won’t dwell on it, we have to do our job as a team and focus on playing footy,” Arrow said on Monday.

“Hopefully if we are doing that, then the rest takes care of itself.

“We all want to win, we all love winning, but it just hasn’t gone our way of late.

“We’ll just stick to our jobs and hopefully it comes off the back of that.”

The Cowboys, like the Titans, are looking to have a better year than in 2019 having missed out on the top eight.

They finished Round 2 with a bang, with Arrow’s opposite number Jason Taumalolo putting on a clinic against the Bulldogs.

The Tongan international ran for a record 318m against the Dogs, and Arrow is aware that stopping the dynamic forward is key to any hopes the Titans have of ending their win drought.

“I don’t think anyone has worked that [a way to stop Taumalolo] out,” said Arrow.

“I think he’s the best middle in the game and has been for a number of years, he’s someone we’re going have to get numbers in and control because he can score 40-metre tries.

“I think they’re a big forward pack, [but] fatigue in the middle can get to them.

“If you can get a quick play the ball [you can] get the big boys turning their backs and making them come out from their own end.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...79207708c5a347
    Psmitty

A gritty 6-4 win over the broncos? Does this guy even do his research before writing articles.. it was 26-18 win to the titans at suncorp last year on that date.. I was there to enjoy it..

Why are they writing an article about it almost being a year when the 9th of June is almost 2 weeks away, they could’ve waited another 2 rounds and if we win this week it’s totally irrelevant. Just typical media giving us **** as usual

1. Tyrone Roberts 2. Anthony Don 3. Dale Copley 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Phillip Sami 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Nathan Peats 10. Sam Lisone 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Keegan Hipgrave 13. Jai Arrow 14. Erin Clark 15. Jai Whitbread 16. Jarrod Wallace 17. Shannon Boyd 18. Bryce Cartwright 19. Mitch Rein 20. Brian Kelly 21. Jonus Pearson

I'm pretty disappointed that Kelly isn't in the team, but I like that hes punished him and Cartwright, and dropped Rein and put Wallace back to the bench for poor games against the Eels. It should really put the team on notice that no ones spot is safe, and hopefully will lift the standards. I'm also keen to see what Clark can do.

Stoked for Jamal. I really hope he goes well.

And a shame for Jolliffe.

Interesting to see what the reshuffle will be when Boyd and Copley get injured.

Really happy to see some changes in the team. Not happy with Roberts at Fb but we are very thin there.
    Hope that Fogarty plays well and locks up the 7.
    Hope that the forward pack plays well enough to keep Cartwright out of the 17 altogether. I really like the look of the starting props and it will be interesting to see how Boyd and Wallace go off the bench.
    Clark in the 14, love that too.
    I think the break has given Holbrook time to assess the team and he is starting to make a few changes. I know some have been forced by injury but I like what he has done to cover that with the exception of fullback. We need to make a play for the Bronco's kid.

Pretty happy with the team apart from Copley in and not kelly.. good to see Clarke and fogs in! Hopefully Clarke makes hooker his own! Can’t wait to see how they go!