Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 185
  1. #46

    Default

    so its??

    1. Sami
    2. Pearson
    3. Peachey
    4. Kelly
    5. Copley

    Honestly, like it a lot, enough strike there, pretty good, would've liked to see Tonumaipea in there somewhere.

    Happy to see Pearson get a go, I like the Don but I think he's cooked.

  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    so its??

    1. Sami
    2. Pearson
    3. Peachey
    4. Kelly
    5. Copley

    Honestly, like it a lot, enough strike there, pretty good, would've liked to see Tonumaipea in there somewhere.

    Happy to see Pearson get a go, I like the Don but I think he's cooked.
    Yep, agreed. I like it too. I think Kelly and Copley will revert to their normal positions though.

  3. #48
    One Clubman Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    3,177

    Default

    What has occurred here with Brimson and now Don and TRoberts.
    I always said the Catterick trio was our only good year in history for making players ready to go.

    Under Condon the recovery took too long

    And now a new problem, players ready to play and then being ruled out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Tyrone Roberts also out, Sami to FB and Kelly to wing (hopefully swaps with Copley).

    dammit Greg Condon
    Wouldn’t you rather discuss these issues rather than have a crack at me.
    I’ve always been respectful to you.

  4. #49
    Moderator JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    That’s a hugely improved team. Just need Jolliffe in for Boyd or Wallace and good to go.

    Can we get Michael Gordon back?

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    What has occurred here with Brimson and now Don and TRoberts.
    I always said the Catterick trio was our only good year in history for making players ready to go.

    Under Condon the recovery took too long

    And now a new problem, players ready to play and then being ruled out.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wouldn’t you rather discuss these issues rather than have a crack at me.
    I’ve always been respectful to you.
    I read that as a bit of friendly ribbing, Bods. I've made Condon jokes at your expense too but it has always been intended as banter.

  6. #51
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    What has occurred here with Brimson and now Don and TRoberts.
    I always said the Catterick trio was our only good year in history for making players ready to go.

    Under Condon the recovery took too long

    And now a new problem, players ready to play and then being ruled out.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wouldn’t you rather discuss these issues rather than have a crack at me.
    I’ve always been respectful to you.
    Not a crack at all Bodsy, just some banter

    Apologies if it came across like that - I'd never intend for it to come across as disrespectful and I always value your contributions on here mate.
    "My god I am shredded. I can't believe I got to this point in my life where literally every person that sees me is saying words like "mirin" and "arnie, that you?". It's boring, sure. But it's part of my life."-DavidBouveng
    https://instagram.com/league_of_titans/

    https://www.facebook.com/leaguetitans

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I simply disagree. He was with us before he was selected for Origin. Then Garth came along.
    All good mate and I hope you prove me wrong.
    Garth certainly was a factor but there are some pretty simple things that a decent dummy half has to do, crap coach or not. A few darts from dummy half, crisp passes to supports without two or three pressure relieving clangers a game is what any decent hooker does. Peats best efforts in the last few years have been on social media.
    At least this week he doesn't need to feel that Rein is breathing down his neck and he can just take control.

  8. #53
    One Clubman Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    3,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Not a crack at all Bodsy, just some banter

    Apologies if it came across like that - I'd never intend for it to come across as disrespectful and I always value your contributions on here mate.
    Ok fair enough HS. I apologise for overreacting and being a bit sensitive.
    Moving on now.

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    All good mate and I hope you prove me wrong.
    Garth certainly was a factor but there are some pretty simple things that a decent dummy half has to do, crap coach or not. A few darts from dummy half, crisp passes to supports without two or three pressure relieving clangers a game is what any decent hooker does. Peats best efforts in the last few years have been on social media.
    At least this week he doesn't need to feel that Rein is breathing down his neck and he can just take control.
    Admittedly Peats has never been the quick dart out of dummy half type. That’s probably his biggest weakness compared to Koroisau or Cook. His passing used to be top notch though. I remember back when he was playing Origin he was looping them out in front, right onto the chest. It was beautiful. I don’t know how an experienced player regresses from that though. It’s not like passing is affected by age-related physical deterioration.

  10. #55
    One Clubman Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    3,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I read that as a bit of friendly ribbing, Bods. I've made Condon jokes at your expense too but it has always been intended as banter.
    Thanks Wilhelm. Fair enough. I’ll read it in a different light in future.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Admittedly Peats has never been the quick dart out of dummy half type. That’s probably his biggest weakness compared to Koroisau or Cook. His passing used to be top notch though. I remember back when he was playing Origin he was looping them out in front, right onto the chest. It was beautiful. I don’t know how an experienced player regresses from that though. It’s not like passing is affected by age-related physical deterioration.
    Peats needs to be an 80min hooker and we need to have a genuine utility on the bench in either Peachey, TRoberts, EClark or TBoyd.
    Not Rein. Peats with reduced interchange in future too could be very valuable.

  11. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Thanks Wilhelm. Fair enough. I’ll read it in a different light in future.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Peats needs to be an 80min hooker and we need to have a genuine utility on the bench in either Peachey, TRoberts, EClark or TBoyd.
    Not Rein. Peats with reduced interchange in future too could be very valuable.
    Yes, in an ideal world Peats would be an 80 min hooker and we could have a utility forward, but having Peats 60 mins with a 20 min hooker/half utility isn't the end of the world.

    Rein is done with us as far as I'm concerned. He had his shot in rounds 1-2 and blew it. For me, Rein, Taylor, Cartwright, Peachey all have to go at end of 2021 when their contracts are up, preferably earlier if we can find a buyer. Tyrone Roberts end of this year. Can't believe we're stuck with Boyd and Wallace until end of 2022.

  12. #57

    Default

    Before the Eels game I thought Rein offered way more than Peats, he’s actually quite quick which gives us a Cook style hooker, and I remember last year him doing some lovely passes close to the line where they would look like its going to a forward but would loop and hit the halfback out the back. He deserved to be dropped after those shocking errors, but I think it will take a while to workout who our permanent 9 iis

  13. #58

    Default

    Rein only looks like a Cook style hooker when he plays 20-30 mins. When he has to play longer, he really struggles with the fatigue and makes the most boneheaded plays. I think the main difference between Cook and Rein is about 30 IQ points.

  14. #59
    Moderator JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Just a reminder while we talk about hookers. Rein was signed till the end of 2021 and Peats the end of this year.

    Plus as for Peats being worse off at the Titans as opposed to the Eels, its hard to soar like and eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys.

  15. #60

    Default

    I wonder if Matt Parcell wants to come home...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew