Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

so its??

1. Sami
    2. Pearson
    3. Peachey
    4. Kelly
    5. Copley

Honestly, like it a lot, enough strike there, pretty good, would've liked to see Tonumaipea in there somewhere.

Happy to see Pearson get a go, I like the Don but I think he's cooked.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    so its??

1. Sami
    2. Pearson
    3. Peachey
    4. Kelly
    5. Copley

Honestly, like it a lot, enough strike there, pretty good, would've liked to see Tonumaipea in there somewhere.

Happy to see Pearson get a go, I like the Don but I think he's cooked.
    Yep, agreed. I like it too. I think Kelly and Copley will revert to their normal positions though.

Inactive User

What has occurred here with Brimson and now Don and TRoberts.
    I always said the Catterick trio was our only good year in history for making players ready to go.

Under Condon the recovery took too long

And now a new problem, players ready to play and then being ruled out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Tyrone Roberts also out, Sami to FB and Kelly to wing (hopefully swaps with Copley).

dammit Greg Condon
    Wouldn’t you rather discuss these issues rather than have a crack at me.
    I’ve always been respectful to you.

That’s a hugely improved team. Just need Jolliffe in for Boyd or Wallace and good to go.

Can we get Michael Gordon back?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I always said the Catterick trio was our only good year in history for making players ready to go.

- - - Updated - - -

I read that as a bit of friendly ribbing, Bods. I've made Condon jokes at your expense too but it has always been intended as banter.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a crack at all Bodsy, just some banter

Apologies if it came across like that - I'd never intend for it to come across as disrespectful and I always value your contributions on here mate.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I simply disagree. He was with us before he was selected for Origin. Then Garth came along.
    All good mate and I hope you prove me wrong.
    Garth certainly was a factor but there are some pretty simple things that a decent dummy half has to do, crap coach or not. A few darts from dummy half, crisp passes to supports without two or three pressure relieving clangers a game is what any decent hooker does. Peats best efforts in the last few years have been on social media.
    At least this week he doesn't need to feel that Rein is breathing down his neck and he can just take control.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Not a crack at all Bodsy, just some banter

Apologies if it came across like that - I'd never intend for it to come across as disrespectful and I always value your contributions on here mate.
    Ok fair enough HS. I apologise for overreacting and being a bit sensitive.
    Moving on now.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    All good mate and I hope you prove me wrong.
    Garth certainly was a factor but there are some pretty simple things that a decent dummy half has to do, crap coach or not. A few darts from dummy half, crisp passes to supports without two or three pressure relieving clangers a game is what any decent hooker does. Peats best efforts in the last few years have been on social media.
    At least this week he doesn't need to feel that Rein is breathing down his neck and he can just take control.
    Admittedly Peats has never been the quick dart out of dummy half type. That’s probably his biggest weakness compared to Koroisau or Cook. His passing used to be top notch though. I remember back when he was playing Origin he was looping them out in front, right onto the chest. It was beautiful. I don’t know how an experienced player regresses from that though. It’s not like passing is affected by age-related physical deterioration.

Inactive User

I read that as a bit of friendly ribbing, Bods. I've made Condon jokes at your expense too but it has always been intended as banter.
    Thanks Wilhelm. Fair enough. I’ll read it in a different light in future.

- - - Updated - - -

Admittedly Peats has never been the quick dart out of dummy half type. That’s probably his biggest weakness compared to Koroisau or Cook. His passing used to be top notch though. I remember back when he was playing Origin he was looping them out in front, right onto the chest. It was beautiful. I don’t know how an experienced player regresses from that though. It’s not like passing is affected by age-related physical deterioration.
    Peats needs to be an 80min hooker and we need to have a genuine utility on the bench in either Peachey, TRoberts, EClark or TBoyd.
    Not Rein. Peats with reduced interchange in future too could be very valuable.

Rep Player

Thanks Wilhelm. Fair enough. I’ll read it in a different light in future.

- - - Updated - - -

Peats needs to be an 80min hooker and we need to have a genuine utility on the bench in either Peachey, TRoberts, EClark or TBoyd.
    Not Rein. Peats with reduced interchange in future too could be very valuable.
    Yes, in an ideal world Peats would be an 80 min hooker and we could have a utility forward, but having Peats 60 mins with a 20 min hooker/half utility isn't the end of the world.

Rein is done with us as far as I'm concerned. He had his shot in rounds 1-2 and blew it. For me, Rein, Taylor, Cartwright, Peachey all have to go at end of 2021 when their contracts are up, preferably earlier if we can find a buyer. Tyrone Roberts end of this year. Can't believe we're stuck with Boyd and Wallace until end of 2022.

Before the Eels game I thought Rein offered way more than Peats, he’s actually quite quick which gives us a Cook style hooker, and I remember last year him doing some lovely passes close to the line where they would look like its going to a forward but would loop and hit the halfback out the back. He deserved to be dropped after those shocking errors, but I think it will take a while to workout who our permanent 9 iis

Rep Player

Rein only looks like a Cook style hooker when he plays 20-30 mins. When he has to play longer, he really struggles with the fatigue and makes the most boneheaded plays. I think the main difference between Cook and Rein is about 30 IQ points.

Just a reminder while we talk about hookers. Rein was signed till the end of 2021 and Peats the end of this year.

Plus as for Peats being worse off at the Titans as opposed to the Eels, its hard to soar like and eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys.

Rep Player

I wonder if Matt Parcell wants to come home...