Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Forget who is on what money and drop the big name duds, bring in Farmer T Boyd and others prepared to have a dig

What we saw from Peats tonight is his best performance in 2 years IMO. He is past his best and continues to let us down at critical moments in games.

When there’s a forward pass from dummy half there are two players at fault! Expectations were met and sadly surpassed ... won’t further depress anybody else.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Moeaki Fotuaika with 154m and 43 tackles at 100% seriously!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Moeaki Fotuaika with 154m and 43 tackles at 100% seriously!!!!!!
    Holbrook should get that stat printed out and shove it in the face of some of the other forwards

After such a long break and build up, really disappointing result and easy to say same old Titans.

One of my biggest frustrations is players who make errors or give away penalties because the are lazy or unfit and we have 2 of them in Peachey and Wallace.

The one hope I hold is Holbrook has shown some signs that he can see some of the problems. New coach with a new team, for the first 2 rounds he gave the established players a shot to prove their worth. The break gave him the chance to move Taylor to 6 which in the long run I think will prove worthwhile. He also saw Wallace for the plodder he was and pushed him to the bench.

We saw last night and again with our game, once a team gets the upper hand it is near impossible to contain them. Both the eels and Cowboys had around 65% possession.

I am not sure Peachey is even a 14. More like a 21. For me our centres should be Kelly and Copley, with Sami and Pearson on the wings.

I was actually impressed by Proctor tonight. He is not a gun but he worked hard tonight.

Whilst they weren't great we need to stick with Taylor and Fogarty at 6/7.

As much as I would dislike it, if someone offered me the wooden spoon now, but guaranteed that Peachey, Cartwright, Shannon Boyd, Wallace and Roberts were off our roster at the end of this year, I would probably take it.

So I thought we weren't too bad for a reasonable portion of that game (which is sad considering this is supposed to be an NRL team but whatever), and a few things stood out to me.

Shannon Boyd and Jarrod Wallace are useless. No real mobility about them, or rangey enough to make up for it, just standard plodders who are hardly workhorses and complete liabilities on the defensive end. When both of them came on is when the game tipped imo.

Arrow was terrific, going to just be incredibly tough to replace what he does for this team.

Mo and Hipgrave are two guys you can build a forward pack around imo. Mo could captain this team at any point, and I love Hipgrave's aggression, we've desperately needed a guy in the forwards that the opposition somewhat fears in previous years and he could be that guy. Those two play with a legitimate passion for the jersey which is certainly refreshing.

Liked Proctor, Lisone looks to be another solid buy-low guy from NZ that we've had success with in past (Paasi, Peteru, Pulu etc), although I think his best role would be off the bench.

Pearson and Kelly were great, Copley was fine and its clear Sami isnt a long-term fullback although I thought he went okay. I'll give Ash and Fogarty some more time.

Peachey was bad. No idea what position he is long-term and it probably doesnt matter.

First Grader

The new rule changes makes Wallace, Boyd and Whitbred even more irrelevant in the game. Under the new rules players who lack mobility and lateral movement are a liability.

The new rules have put us further behind all of the other teams and we have to be realistic that even Bellamy cannot do anything with the current team. They are just not NRL standard and we will get blown off the park in more games than not under the new rules.

Cowboys 9 players run over 100 metres... Titans 8 players 20 or more tackles
    Titans 3 players run over 100 metres... Cows 2 players 20 or more tackles

Fox sports stats...

As Holbrook says...gotta play smarter. Some dumb guys out there. No 1 was Peachey (absolute standout really). Sami gave up on saving 2 points twice and also gave up trying to get out of his own in goal. There was definitely 1 attempt he could have tried. All he had to do was catch and swivel and he would he would have seen an opening. He may not have made it but geez he could have tried.
    Mo was our best and I thought Hipgrave after a poor start was also great. Taylor appeared to be the dominant half. I personally thought Fogarty was quiet but that maybe because a) I wasn’t watching him that closely and/or b) Taylor was trying to stamp his authority.

In a nutshell, absolute rubbish once again and if it wasn’t for Kelly and Frizelle I would have canned my membership ages ago.
    Last edited by shamus; 30-05-20 at 07:05 AM.

one thing I don’t understand is why Holbrook pairs Mo and Lisone together, and then takes them off for Boyd and Wallace. We go from having 2 powerful, mobile front rowers to suddenly 2 overweight plodders, and we lose all momentum in the ruck. Surely it would make sense to have a slow and fast guy together. I’d be starting Mo and Wallace together just for that reason

Fogarty needs to play on the left side not right sorry but that he natural side
    Taylor needs to be dropped I think and bring in T Boyd
    S Boyd Wallace and Whitbread cant be in the same side all are just to slow
    Clark was not as good as I think he should of been
    Peachy needs to be just dropped might spark him but I dont think it would change him
    Pearson did well outside Peachy
    Sami is not a FB as we all know but still did ok need to be back on the left side
    Lisone is a bench player offers more of there
    Mofo was a 5 star player I think he out played Arrow and Arrow had a fantastic game
    we miss James thats for sure
    Proctor had a better game but I think he just after a contract ( sorry to say it)
    as for the game mmmm cant say much other then we SUCK BIG TIME

Geez I feel sorry for Mo. 150 odd metres and 40 odd tackles with no misses, yet he's surrounded by a bunch of plodders and stupid blokes. Once again we were in the game for the first 30 minutes but we continued to give penalties away and ultimately towards the end of the game we were running on empty. With these new rules you can't afford to do that or you will get rolled (think there will be a lot of blowout scores). And then, as hard as he worked and he helped us with defence big time, Peats goes full stupid and throws a forward pass just when we had our first opportunity in our own half...seriously!!!

Honestly doubting that we will win a game this entire season it is that bad. Our defence has improved but we do too much of it due to errors and penalties that we end up capitulating in the second half when we are buggered, and our attack looks clueless and unthreatening. The worst is honestly our last tackle options, 9/10 times we decide to run it on last or put a grubber straight to their fullback. What happened to Fogarty "taking over the team" when Ash still kept getting it on 5th tackle for some reason?

Gonna be a long year or two until we can change the roster massively unfortunately, there's a few blokes trying really hard that can be proud but there's also a lot that are stealing money from us in broad daylight.

Gold Coast Titans 14th straight loss in big loss to North Queensland Cowboys

The North Queensland Cowboys have heaped misery on the Gold Coast Titans as they near a nightmare milestone.

Andrew McMurtry

The Gold Coast Titans are one loss away from being over 12 months without a win after the North Queensland Cowboys put the cellar-dwellers to the sword on Friday evening.

The 36-6 victory came off an impressive performance from the Cowboys who ran in six tries to one, while the Titans again capitulated.

While it was the first win for the Cowboys as their new home of Queensland Country Bank Stadium in Townsville, the win was also North Queensland’s tenth straight against the Titans.

For the Titans, it was ugly viewing.

With just 66 per cent of possession, the Titans had just 29 sets of six to the Cowboys’ 45 as the home side controlled the match.

It also means it’s been 356 days since the Titans’ last win on June 9, 2019 against the Brisbane Broncos in round 13 in 2019.

While the coronavirus has played a big role, the 14-game losing streak puts the Titans on par with the 1998-99 Western Suburbs Magpies and 1919-20 Annandale teams on 14 losses.

The Gold Coast Titans have had a tough time of it.

The side will have one more chance to end its year of misery with a match against the Wests Tigers on Sunday, June 7.

But if the Titans want a way out of its rut, the side may have to look at the Cowboys’ dominance out of dummy half.

In a brilliant second half, interchange hooker Reece Robson tore the heart out of the Gold Coast Titans with two tries in four minutes.

But working in tandem with Jake Granville, the Cowboys dominated the middle of the field throughout the game with Robson blowing the scoreline wide open.

After he scored his second try, both coming out of dummy half, Fox League sideline reporter Brent Tate asked commentator Michael Ennis if the use of two hookers would be the way forward with the new NRL rules.

"I spoke to Greeny about it and he was unsure given the rules were untested but from what we've seen in the opening two nights of footy, the rotation of Granville and Robson could be a masterstroke for Paul Green," he said. "I'll be fascinated to see how the likes of Smith and Cook and Hodgson and Friend go in upcoming matches but this has looked good, I've really enjoyed the rotation of Granville and Robson this evening."

The North Queensland Cowboys were on fire.Source:News Corp Australia

In the absence of captain Michael Morgan, halves Scott Drinkwater and Jake Clifford also clicked to spark the rout.

Off the back of another monster game by lock Jason Taumalolo (274m), Drinkwater set up two tries for winger Ben Hampton while Clifford kept North Queensland’s foot on the Titans’ throat with his precision kicking.

Former Cronulla premiership winner Valentine Holmes had his best game since returning from a 2019 NFL sojourn, setting up three tries and running 113m.

It marked the third straight defeat for new coach Justin Holbrook in a nightmare start for the former Super League premiership winner with St Helens.

Holbrook wielded the axe before the round three clash, making six changes but was forced to make more before kick-off due to injury.

But the new look Gold Coast suffered the same old problem, suffering from errors and poor last play options to ensure North Queensland held the momentum.

Social media was quick to feel sorry for the Titans coach.

Quite conflicted here.

Cowboys are winning (yay).

But gosh I feel for Justin Holbrook. #NRLCowboysTitans
    — Veronica Eggleton (@veggleton) May 29, 2020

When Justin Holbrook takes the the Titans to the finals in a few years time he’ll deserve a $50m bonus. That team is a rabble right now. #NRL
    — Mark Gottlieb (@MarkGottlieb) May 29, 2020

Poor Justin Holbrook #NRLCowboysTitans
    — Lloyd Johnstone (@lwjohns_) May 29, 2020

Source: news.com.au

When you need to forget about your micro penis and the Donkeys getting flogged.

Inactive User

I see Mal is on The TV tonight
    Did he have anything to say about us earlier??