Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo. He'd better stay away from his missus, she'll put a pillow over his head to starve his brain of oxygen just so he suffers an adverse affect.
    So win win

The man will only lose more respect going back on his stance now. Hold firm, champ.

First Grader

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo. He'd better stay away from his missus, she'll put a pillow over his head to starve his brain of oxygen just so he suffers an adverse affect.
    Haha might end up making him smarter, the blokes currently about as sharp as a bowling ball

Inactive User

Could be a very interesting day ahead

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Could be a very interesting day ahead
    Surely he just bites the bullet, gets the shot and business as usual. So ashamed that all this has been going for so long... what a waste of time.
    Last edited by elltee; 14-05-20 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Surely he just bites the bullet, gets the shot and business as usual. So ashamed that all this has been going for so long... what a waste of time.
    And just wait for the story from his misses on Instagram to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    And just wait for the story from his misses on Instagram to follow
    It’ll either be coercion (which is what she’s doing to him as well) or he will be vaccine injured.

Should inject him with saline and let the medical industry mock them. Or put him under medical surveillance after the shot. Maybe put a naturopath in the room to ensure his aura doesn’t change colour.

- - - Updated - - -

CARTWRIGHT TO GIVE IN TO FLU SHOT

Gold Coast backrower Bryce Cartwright looks set to give in to the growing calls for him to have the flu shot.

The Courier Mail reported on Wednesday night that his teammate Brian Kelly was prepared to have the jab in order to play.

It leaves Cartwright as the only player in the competition stood down.

Now in a stunning twist, the Sydney Morning Herald claims that Cartwright is set to reverse his decision.

Cartwright stands to lose $450,000 if he continues to hold firm in his controversial beliefs.

If he fails to get the jab, it could see the Titans pull the pin and terminate his contract.

It comes at the same time former Titans star Mat Rogers delivered a brutal reality check to the game’s cohort of anti-vaxers.

Rogers, whose son Max has autism, feared that his son’s condition was as a result of a vaccination.

But he says he debunked the anti-vax theory through his own research.

“That whole vaccination world just drives me insane,” he told Channel 9.

“I understand, I’ve got an autistic child, and I thought it might have been a vaccine.

“I have done that much research and there’s just no evidence of that. It’s just a doctor that came out and said some things a couple of years ago (and) he actually got struck off.

“To think that hundreds of thousands of people in the medical industry are all holding a secret and keeping the rest of us in the dark is just ridiculous.”

Rogers urged the game’s anti-vaxers to see the bigger picture, saying that they needed to do their best to get the code up and running.

Mat Rogers with his son, Max
    Mat Rogers with his son, Max
    Source: News Corp Australia
    “Really the only people who can be pro-choice are the people who run their own ship,” he added.

“Every employee out there has stipulations. You can’t go to work everyday and just choose what you want to do.

“That’s the reality of being an employee and that’s what you do when you put your hand up to play in the NRL, you’re an employee.

“You’re a part of a team, and that team relies on you. Sacrifices need to be made.”

Rep Player

Gonna play devil's advocate here. Imagine we lived in a more authoritarian state like say, China, where the medical ethics are completely different and they're doing things like experimenting with human-monkey hybrids (chimeras). Would you be so willing to accept a government-mandated vaccine in that scenario? Obviously the answer is yes, because you would likely "disappear" if you refused (perhaps to be spliced with a monkey), but my point is that it's not as clear cut as people want to pretend. I understand the arguments coming from either side here, i.e. herd immunity vs. individual liberty, but I can't stand when people try to distill it down to a simple black and white issue. Especially when it's just so they can sneer and self-aggrandize to feel like they're better than the other.

FYI My family and I are all vaccinated, so no, I'm not an anti-vaxxer.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...n-china--66231

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Gonna play devil's advocate here. Imagine we lived in a more authoritarian state like say, China, where the medical ethics are completely different and they're doing things like experimenting with human-monkey hybrids (chimeras). Would you be so willing to accept a government-mandated vaccine in that scenario? Obviously the answer is yes, because you would likely "disappear" if you refused (perhaps to be spliced with a monkey), but my point is that it's not as clear cut as people want to pretend. I understand the arguments coming from either side here, i.e. herd immunity vs. individual liberty, but I can't stand when people try to distill it down to a simple black and white issue. Especially when it's just so they can sneer and self-aggrandize to feel like they're better than the other.

FYI My family and I are all vaccinated, so no, I'm not an anti-vaxxer.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...n-china--66231
    Herd immunity. So if no one vaccinated and we had to become immune through natural infection then what is the cost? I read a lot about herd immunity coming from the US regarding the covid 19 virus. At present or last time I checked there was 1.1 million infected and 80000 dead. To achieve herd immunity in a country with 350 million you would need 250 million Americans infected. Do the math on what the cost would be.

Thankfully we live in a country whereby the weight of the good is outweighed by the negatives and I am confident that if science gets it wrong there is always another working to get it right.

There are avenues in which people who have had anaphylactic reactions to vaccines can get exempt. Unfortunately some people with differing agendas, let’s call them antivaxxers for arguments sake, will scare the **** out of mother’s saying they cant get exemptions and they will be made to go to hospitals whereby they will inject their children and then revive them a through resuscitation.

Now the monkey human hybrid vaccine is a no from me as I don’t like monkeys as I have had three seperate occasions of being attacked by them. So I guess I’ll just disappear.

As for people thinking they are better than antivaxxers, I’d argue the opposite, vaccinators do the right thing so that the antivaxxers can walk around with minimal risk whilst also not “risking” their children to the big bad vaccine.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 14-05-20 at 10:12 AM.

Rep Player

Herd immunity. So if no one vaccinated and we had to become immune through natural infection then what is the cost? I read a lot about herd immunity coming from the US regarding the covid 19 virus. At present or last time I checked there was 1.1 million infected and 80000 dead. To achieve herd immunity in a country with 350 million you would need 250 million Americans infected. Do the math on what the cost would be.

Thankfully we live in a country whereby the weight of the good is outweighed by the negatives and I am confident that if science gets it wrong there is always another working to get it right.

There are avenues in which people who have had anaphylactic reactions to vaccines can get exempt. Unfortunately some people with differing agendas, let’s call them antivaxxers for arguments sake, will scare the **** out of mother’s saying they cant get exemptions and they will be made to go to hospitals whereby they will inject their children and then revive them a through resuscitation.

Now the monkey human hybrid vaccine is a no from me as I don’t like monkeys as I have had three seperate occasions of being attacked by them. So I guess I’ll just disappear.

As for people thinking they are better than antivaxxers, I’d argue the opposite, vaccinators do the right thing so that the antivaxxers can walk around with minimal risk whilst also not “risking” their children to the big bad vaccine.
    Yeah, I’m with you on the science side of things. What I’m saying is think of the precedent if we browbeat people into giving up their individual liberty “for the greater good”. What else follows? The issue is not as black and white as people (mostly on Facebook and reddit in my observation) like to pretend it is. I can simultaneously believe that Cartwright is wrong but support his right to be wrong. We teach our kids to not give in to peer pressure... until it’s a topic we personally believe strongly in.

That said, if he goes against his so-called principles for $$ then I’ll be there right alongside you pointing and laughing, but quietly wishing he hadn’t so that his contract could’ve been voided early.

Inactive User

We often have to do things to pay the bills we don’t want to do.
    This is a Flu Shot which only 40% of Australians get.
    I don’t even see this as an Anti-Vaxxer fight.
    It’s nothing to do with smallpox, diptheria etc which you have to have for Child Care etc.

To Bryce I would say-“come on man it’s just the flu shot”.
    To those saying Bryce should hold firm i’d say to them-“come on man, it’s just the flu shot”.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Yeah, I’m with you on the science side of things. What I’m saying is think of the precedent if we browbeat people into giving up their individual liberty “for the greater good”. What else follows? The issue is not as black and white as people (mostly on Facebook and reddit in my observation) like to pretend it is. I can simultaneously believe that Cartwright is wrong but support his right to be wrong. We teach our kids to not give in to peer pressure... until it’s a topic we personally believe strongly in.

That said, if he goes against his so-called principles for $$ then I’ll be there right alongside you pointing and laughing, but quietly wishing he hadn’t so that his contract could’ve been voided early.
    My reasons are entirely selfish. I don’t want him playing for us and if this is an early chance then take it.

There are obviously other industries whereby flu jab is mandatory. They do it or find work elsewhere.

Last year we supported his right to decide no vax and he missed a game with “the flu”. He still has the right to choose.

Inactive User

Ch7 are reporting he won’t be getting the shot

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Ch7 are reporting he won’t be getting the shot
    I hope he has his mortgage sorted.

Rep Player

SMH now reporting that he has agreed to the shot.

https://www.zerotackle.com/gold-coas...ign=NRL+Gossip

Gold Coast backrower Bryce Cartwright has agreed to have the flu shot, following teammate Brian Kelly, reports The Sydney Morning Herald.

The Titans gave the pair until Thursday to have the jab, with Cartwright standing to lose $450,000 if he holds firm on his objection.

If the 24-year old refuses to take the shot, Gold Coast could terminate his contract.

It comes after former Titans star Mat Rogers sent a warning to the NRL world, fearing that his son’s autistic condition was a result of vaccination.

“That whole vaccination world just drives me insane,” he told Channel 9.

“I understand, I’ve got an autistic child, and I thought it might have been a vaccine.

“I have done that much research and there’s just no evidence of that. It’s just a doctor that came out and said some things a couple of years ago (and) he actually got struck off.

“To think that hundreds of thousands of people in the medical industry are all holding a secret and keeping the rest of us in the dark is just ridiculous.”