Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

I hope things clear by September. For the first time in my life I planned a trip to Japan with more than a months notice. But the big lesson here is don't sail too close to the wind financially. Our parents put money away for a rainy day but these days many people want it all now and go into debt for the pleasure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I hope things clear by September. For the first time in my life I planned a trip to Japan with more than a months notice. But the big lesson here is don't sail too close to the wind financially. Our parents put money away for a rainy day but these days many people want it all now and go into debt for the pleasure of it.
    They were saying today the last restriction to be lifted will be international travel. Unless it's to a country with no cases I guess.

Living overseas is one thing, but knowing you can't jump on a plane back home on a whim is very unsettling. But we need to be careful with rolling back measures. I'm pleased to see Australia's progress, especially heading towards winter.

It was scary catching a plane HK-BNE in early Feb and back late Feb. I was as prepared as I could be.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I’m grounded in China and can’t get to anywhere except domestically for business. Very limiting.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I’m grounded in China and can’t get to anywhere except domestically for business. Very limiting.
    Dare I ask how China is? No second wave?

Flew to Guiyang for meetings then fast train to Chongqing tomorrow back to Nanjing ... first travel out since January ... apart from systematic checks things pretty normal but the country very worried about the blow back from overseas. Lucky I look Chinese �� lol

Flew to Guiyang for meetings then fast train to Chongqing tomorrow back to Nanjing ... first travel out since January ... apart from systematic checks things pretty normal but the country very worried about the blow back from overseas. Lucky I look Chinese �� lol
    That's good. Seems to be getting back to where they need be to function. Don't worry about blow back, the world is laughing at Trump suggesting uisng UV light under skin or injecting disinfectant to cure corona virus so the spotlight is off China for a little while.

.. apart from systematic checks things pretty normal but the country very worried about the blow back from overseas. Lucky I look Chinese �� lol
    Oh , so they are very worried about blow back from O/S. Nice, considering they covered it up and sent it overseas in the first place. The Chinese Govt deserves nothing less then a couple of the finest atomic bombs dropped right on the top of them, but more realistically I hope many sanctions are placed on them when this is all over.
    They have a lot to answer for. And sorry T, I know you just live there.

Junior

Blow for Titans subscribers only in courier mail

I can't even believe what Trump said. Truly twilight zone material. And I think any blame or aghast should be leveled at the PRC gov and not its people. Difficult times ahead.

But hopefully WE WILL HAVE FOOTY BACK SOON!!!!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

There’s some very dangerous rhetoric starting to be put out there now.
    The Kumbaya of we need to stick together is starting to wane and the finger pointing at different groups has begun.

Even in Rugby League there will be finger pointing at any individual or group that might be an impediment to the comp starting again.

QLD Cup

So far a lot of good will has been shown in general but it's inevitable that some will try to gain political or financial advantage from the situation.
    I agree that language should be careful. Criticism of the CCP is warranted, but blanket statements about "the Chinese" is dangerous and unhelpful. What "Chinese" do we mean? Mainland, Taiwan, Singapore, or the many loyal "Chinese" who have contributed so much to building Australia in all fields of endeavour including as Anzacs.
    Bring on the footy and let's take our minds off things.

Yea even by definition my wife is Chinese and then you have many Asian people copping it. It has been happening and it's hard to read. But it is good to see the resulting outrage.

There is an episode of Explained on Netflix called Next Pandemic. Features Bill Gates and has a good recap of what happened in Hong Kong in 2003. It's only 20mins long. https://www.netflix.com/hk-en/title/80216752

So far Hong Kong is a bit of an island and things are stable. But schools return not on the radar. Considering our density and close living conditions, I think we are a real tinder box.

Have pride in Australia and New Zealand and hope they can come back fast. It helps being a real island!

My wife is Chinese and we have a son ... but when we go support the Titans they are classified as Titans ... has anything changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    There’s some very dangerous rhetoric starting to be put out there now.
    The Kumbaya of we need to stick together is starting to wane and the finger pointing at different groups has begun.

Even in Rugby League there will be finger pointing at any individual or group that might be an impediment to the comp starting again.
    So do you think that the Comp should start back up ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady