Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah I agree. It’s a pain in the bum for our players for sure. I’m not hearing the Drongoes offering to play at Robina.
    Given our record at Robina, I wouldn't be sweating if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    If there are no crowds to me it is a moot point.
    I agree Mdrew. The games could be played at the back of Burke. With out a crowd of any type the home ground advantage is small. I wonder if coming out of the home dressing room can be a small advantage ? I would like to hear the beach cheer and get emotive to try and add excitement.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

I’m just putting myself in the players shoes.
    Leave a lot earlier.
    Get home a lot later.
    If you get injured it’s a much bigger hassle.
    When we play at Lang Park I know I struggle to get motivated to go up there.
    Most of the time I do go up there but not always.

Junior

Isn’t Coolangatta airport closed though? Makes a fair point for playing at Suncorp since the goal is to get players in and out ASAP..

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Isn’t Coolangatta airport closed though? Makes a fair point for playing at Suncorp since the goal is to get players in and out ASAP..
    Good point. That explains it.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Better than the original draw. But when you're the Titans and we played like we started it won't make much of a difference.

C’mon JB, onwards and upwards
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    C’mon JB, onwards and upwards
    It's not a new season, we've just had an intermission where no one could train. So I'm still living off the disgust of Rd 2.

Relatable, JB. Haven't we surrendered something like 50-60 points in the first two rounds already? If we can work on minimising the leakage this year, that'll do me for a productive season.

2020 will have a massive * (asterisk ) next to it in any data / record / targets for any industry going forward. So my view about this year is " what will be, will be " whether that be the marks my children get for this years report card or where the Titans finish on the ladder. This is not to say that I will accept a spoon again, however I will be happy going forward seeing the footy on the TV. Along with the footy being back I want to see the team trying hard and giving an effective effort . I would like to see the fringe guys get a go and any play well. I also think that Frizelle and Kelly are honest realistic people so I would like them to give Holbrook another year on his contract. Anyhow just some thoughts if you will.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Not sure where else to post this, but I’m going to be very, very angry if these protests cause a second wave and everything gets shut down again. People have had to postpone weddings and have been unable to see dying relatives, yet these activists think it’s totally acceptable to gather in the thousands and flout social distancing rules. And for what? An imported American political issue. I was in South Brisbane picking up dinner last night and these kids were all 18-25, greasy and unkempt, holding signs decrying white privilege while eating their Gelato Messina and waiting for Ubers. Absolute madness. We need to stop encouraging this nonsense and I really hope that the NRL doesn’t become yet another corporation to jump on board the social fashion trend.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Not sure where else to post this, but I’m going to be very, very angry if these protests cause a second wave and everything gets shut down again. People have had to postpone weddings and have been unable to see dying relatives, yet these activists think it’s totally acceptable to gather in the thousands and flout social distancing rules. And for what? An imported American political issue. I was in South Brisbane picking up dinner last night and these kids were all 18-25, greasy and unkempt, holding signs decrying white privilege while eating their Gelato Messina and waiting for Ubers. Absolute madness. We need to stop encouraging this nonsense and I really hope that the NRL doesn’t become yet another corporation to jump on board the social fashion trend.
    I wasn’t supportive of the protests too because of Health Reasons BUT I wholeheartedly support their frustrations and desires for substantial change.
    As this is a Footy Forum I won’t comment further.

I find it frustrating that aboriginal and TS islanders are supposed to be high risk and every state has been commended on keeping it out of the remote communities to then increase the risk of killing blacks at a BLM rally. Makes me scratch my head.

Inactive User

That thing in both NRL and AFL showing people at home cheering needs to be stopped. It’s awful.