Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    So do you think that the Comp should start back up ??
    Want-YES! (I’m bored)
    Should it?? No idea-in the last 3-4 weeks I’ve tuned out of NRL/AFL other than looking in on the forums. I simply don’t have the information/data to feel comfortable to say Yes/No.

The people who’s opinion matter for NRL starting are named Gladys, Anastasia and Jacinda.
    They will need to have one hell of a plan of basically creating a separate world from the rest of society to convince them.
    Fingers crossed the NRL has the smarts and resources to make it happen.

Since I wrote this we’ve now had Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr make it much more difficult to start the competition up again.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 27-04-20 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Since I wrote this we’ve now had Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr make it much more difficult to start the competition up again.
    I would happily start without such morons aka Sir Brain Surgeon and Lord Rocket Scientist.

The argument between who can and who can't is largely ineffectual and I'm sure it won't surprise that I have grand suggestion, and it goes something like this:

1. All the NRL players in Qld and NSW go back to their ISC clubs and play within State borders then the State champions play off for the National title ... should have happened in 1987. Warriors do the same over there for Pacific Champions along with the other island nations.
    2. We can add Vic and WA and anyone else to wherever fits them ... hard times need hard decisions.
    3. State of Origin returns to roots :-)

Just dreaming lol
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

After seeing this today and how they played the aborigine card of cultural learning and hunting (motorbikes and shotguns hmmmmm) I'd like to see the NSW government and QLD government revoke the NRL's ability to play in May as it is obvious they have no control over their players regardless of what their 48 page document says it will do. Sick of these wankers thinking they are above the law and much like the rest of society, when we are seen to be doing the wrong thing, the government brings in more restrictions and we all suffer for the minority.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    After seeing this today and how they played the aborigine card of cultural learning and hunting (motorbikes and shotguns hmmmmm) I'd like to see the NSW government and QLD government revoke the NRL's ability to play in May as it is obvious they have no control over their players regardless of what their 48 page document says it will do. Sick of these wankers thinking they are above the law and much like the rest of society, when we are seen to be doing the wrong thing, the government brings in more restrictions and we all suffer for the minority.
    I’ve had a bit of a trying day and reading about this has just added to it.
    I can’t see how May 28 can happen now.
    The people who need to be convinced to allow it to happen will frown massively on this.

I’ve had a bit of a trying day and reading about this has just added to it.
    I can’t see how May 28 can happen now.
    The people who need to be convinced to allow it to happen will frown massively on this.
    Well the NRL need to show leadership as the clubs haven't. NRL said if players are found in breach then clubs lose comp points. OK, lets see it. Lets see a massive suspension for these two. If the clubs don't and the NRL don't then the government should.

Well the NRL need to show leadership as the clubs haven't. NRL said if players are found in breach then clubs lose comp points. OK, lets see it. Lets see a massive suspension for these two. If the clubs don't and the NRL don't then the government should.
    I think the reference to breaches and losing points was in relation to when the comp restarts. The Govt will fine them the $1000 and I think I heard that Addo Carr is being investigated for firearms offences. I would like The NRL to fine them but more importantly suspend them. I reckon about 4 matches for both. Mitchell is a massive liability and the Roosters sure knew what they were doing with him.

I was just watching Fox and Meninga gave both of them a huge rubbishing. It was real refreshing to hear the Australian coach not pussyfoot around. Well worth a look if anyone can get a copy.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I think the reference to breaches and losing points was in relation to when the comp restarts. The Govt will fine them the $1000 and I think I heard that Addo Carr is being investigated for firearms offences. I would like The NRL to fine them but more importantly suspend them. I reckon about 4 matches for both. Mitchell is a massive liability and the Roosters sure knew what they were doing with him.

I was just watching Fox and Meninga gave both of them a huge rubbishing. It was real refreshing to hear the Australian coach not pussyfoot around. Well worth a look if anyone can get a copy.
    Thanks MT, used your tip to go and find it. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post

It was infuriating when you read an article whereby it says the clubs were upset the NSW police were investigating. WTF??!?!?!?!

Read in the paper this morning that Addo-Carr had been warned twice about breaching the restrictions and busted for driving an unregistered vehicle 2 days after his second warning. Clearly he doesn't care about the rules and should be punished accordingly.

Now Cleary. Jeez these guys mustn't like playing footy and earning a wage.

Inactive User

Now Cleary. Jeez these guys mustn't like playing footy and earning a wage.
    That thing with Cleary is nothing short of equally disgraceful.
    But what’s worse to me is the weak sanctions handed out to everyone today.

If the Govts now don’t approve a restart because NRL players can’t be trusted then these selfish goons have caused incredible financial stress to many people.

That thing with Cleary is nothing short of equally disgraceful.
    But what’s worse to me is the weak sanctions handed out to everyone today.

If the Govts now don’t approve a restart because NRL players can’t be trusted then these selfish goons have caused incredible financial stress to many people.
    Agree completely Bods. Those sanctions are a joke. V'Landys said Abdo had impressed him and the CEO job was his to lose. I think today he should have lost it.

NRL To Resume With 20-Round Competition
    http://www.titans.com.au

The NRL Telstra Premiership will recommence as a 20-round competition on May 28 with the Grand Final to be played on October 25.

Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) Chair Peter V’landys today confirmed the details after extensive consultation with broadcast partners, clubs, and key stakeholders.

The first two rounds of the competition will be counted and the current competition ladder remains in place when games resume.

The competition draw will be determined in the next two weeks, including timing of State of Origin which will be conducted after the Grand Final.

Mr V’landys thanked Nine CEO Hugh Marks and Foxtel CEO Patrick Delany for backing the return of rugby league.

“Today is a landmark day for rugby league in 2020,” Mr V’landys said. “This is a great outcome for our players, fans, partners and stakeholders and I’m extremely appreciative for the cooperation and support from Hugh Marks and Patrick Delany. Both have always acted in good-spirit and have demonstrated how partners work together."

Training will recommence for all clubs on May 4 and stringent biosecurity measures, known as Project Apollo Protocols, will be introduced for players, club officials and staff. These protocols will be more strict than the current public health guidelines and players will face sanctions if they breach the protocols.

The New Zealand Warriors are expected to arrive in Australia on Sunday and it is anticipated they will serve 14-days quarantine in Tamworth. The NRL is continuing to work with federal and state governments on player travel and border permissions.

Mr V’landys said it was clearly safer to play now than what it was when the competition proceeded in Round 2.

“It’s safer now to play then it was in Round 2 when we were playing. The daily infection rate in NSW was 25.79% when the last game was played. It has been now less than 1% in NSW for the last 18 days and is continuing to drop. There has also been a significant improvement in the recovery rate, being 75% in NSW and 83% in Australia.

“Our players will be safer under our protocols than they would be as regular members of the community.”

The NRL’s working group, Project Apollo, will meet tomorrow to continue preparations to resume the season.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Queensland NRL clubs set to begin training again
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

After good news from the Queensland state government, The Broncos, Titans and Cowboys are on the verge of returning to training, pending the agreement of extensive medical protocols.

Queensland’s three NRL clubs are now preparing to head back to training following promising talks between the state government and the game’s governing body.

Training is scheduled to begin next Monday for the Cowboys, Broncos and Titans – who are now waiting for further guidelines from the National Cabinet and NRL later this week.

The NRL’s acting boss Andrew Abdo admitted that the game’s governing body was still reviewing its training protocols and waiting to receive player feedback.

“As we enter the training period, the protocols are significantly higher (than public restrictions),” Abdo said.

“The support, the education and the framework set around the clubs and the players will be significantly higher.

“We’re investing a lot of energy and resources into that.

“There’s a very detailed set of protocols that we’ve developed and it’s with the clubs for consultation at the moment.

“It’s not finalised. We’re aiming to have those finalised at the end of the week.”

It comes after the NRL and the RLPA were due to meet Tuesday afternoon to formalise strict biosecurity guidelines to allow players to resume training next week.

Club CEOs were provided with a 48-page document on Sunday evening which included a draft list of recommendations on the code’s biosecurity measures, such as not being able to leave the house except for training, games or medical care.

Queensland’s three clubs are also waiting on discussions to be held by the National Cabinet surrounding interstate travel.

The worst case scenario could see the 150 staff and players from the Cowboys, Broncos and Titans relocated to New South Wales for several months to have the competition played in full.

It will be the same case as the Warriors, who have been given federal exemption to fly in from New Zealand in time for training next week.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

How could the daily infection rate back at round 2 be 25% ? That doesn't make sense. Well it looks like no matter how hard certain dead **** players tried to sabotage themselves the game will continue.

Shortened season doesn't help us get out of the cellar dweller position though.