Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Dare I mention it but there are facilities at North Sydney Oval and Gosford (ducks his head under a barrage of XXXX cans).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Dare I mention it but there are facilities at North Sydney Oval and Gosford (ducks his head under a barrage of XXXX cans).
    Only if Jason Taylor helps with coaching

'I am so confident every day': New South Wales deputy premier John Barilaro backs NRL to return in May
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/

New South Wales deputy premier John Barilaro has provided footy fans with much-needed relief, admitting he's confident the NRL can resume on May 28.

The NRL is pushing ahead with a planned resumption for next month but it remains unclear at this stage as to what the competition's structure will look like along with the isolation procedures.

After the NRL's executive team and broadcasters held discussions throughout the week, the league's innovation committee, Project Apollo, will meet in the coming days to continue planning the season structure.

But now it appears clear the NRL has the support of the government with the NSW deputy premier revealing he's feeling better every day about a return to the field next month.

"Peter V'landys was ambitious, he sort of mapped out a seven week return, picked a date like May 28 and said off we go," Barilaro told 2GB's The Continuous Call Team.

"Now they're doing the work.

"I caught up with Peter V'landys, Todd Greenberg and Wayne Pearce during the week, they're working through their plan.

"From the insight that I got, I am so confident every day.

"The broadcasters are a big part of this and they're important and with the green light from the broadcasters I'm getting a little bit more confident every day that Peter V'landys may just pull this off."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Kallum Watkins released
    Interesting you put this in the Corona Thread mdrew
    On reading the article it sounds related to it.

Fark me... I booked flights, accommodation and motorhome back in December 2019 to go to Melbourne/Adelaide/Sydney/Home for the SOO in Adelaide, come back to Sydney to watch the Titans/Sharks and then fly home. (Melbourne to Adelaide via the Great Ocean Road hence the Motorhome. This was all happening from May 31. Anyways flights have been canned. Made some calls today to attempt to get some money back. Lost my deposit on the Motorhome, lost my camping fee for the night stay in Adelaide. Only got credit for 2 Jetstar flights (valid for 12 months from today) Only got credit for my Virgin flight ($450.00 valid for 12 months from original purchase date so have to fly Virgin by December this year...not gunna happen). Also used frequent flyer points to stay at the Novotel at Darling Harbour (lost those points..48,400). I also used my Accor Vacation Club points to stay at Sydney and Melbourne as they were due to expire... Lost those. And now I am watching the news and Freakin’ Virgin has just gone into Voluntary Administration.. ARRRGGGHHH!

P.S. I also upgraded my seats at Skilled from Gold to Titanium... lol
    Last edited by shamus; 20-04-20 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Fark me... I booked flights, accommodation and motorhome back in December 2019 to go to Melbourne/Adelaide/Sydney/Home for the SOO in Adelaide, come back to Sydney to watch the Titans/Sharks and then fly home. (Melbourne to Adelaide via the Great Ocean Road hence the Motorhome. This was all happening from May 31. Anyways flights have been canned. Made some calls today to attempt to get some money back. Lost my deposit on the Motorhome, lost my camping fee for the night stay in Adelaide. Only got credit for 2 Jetstar flights (valid for 12 months from today) Only got credit for my Virgin flight ($450.00 valid for 12 months from original purchase date so have to fly Virgin by December this year...not gunna happen). Also used frequent flyer points to stay at the Novotel at Darling Harbour (lost those points..48,400). I also used my Accor Vacation Club points to stay at Sydney and Melbourne as they were due to expire... Lost those. And now I am watching the news and Freakin’ Virgin has just gone into Voluntary Administration.. ARRRGGGHHH!

Now it looks like Virgin have gone into a voluntary administration.

That is devastating! That sounded like such an amazing trip too. That is stupid that the Virgin credit goes from the purchase date and not the flight date. And now they are going into friggin administration. That is just a barrage of terrible news... How stingy they all are to just let your points evaporate.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

The owners of Virgin have got lots of money....
    They totally suck except for the measly 8.6% owned by Australian Shareholders

Abu Dhabi government - 21%
    Singapore government - 20%
    Nanshan Capital (China) - 20%
    HNA (China) - 20%
    Richard Branson - 10.4%

Australian shareholders: 8.6%

The first five mentioned should GAGF
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 20-04-20 at 07:42 PM.

The fact is Virgin isn't an Australian company so not a cent of tax payer dollars should be spent bailing them out. The way the media are reporting this you would assume they were wholly Australian owned and therefore need tax payer help.
    They are a basket case of their own making so if a few overseas investors lose a massive chunk of money that's their issue. Air New Zealand had a 20% share in them and sold it a couple of years ago for $350 million, good business decision.

Rep Player

Good point ozy. If they want a bailout, 40% of it should come from China, 20% from Singapore and 21% from Abu Dhabi.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Good point ozy. If they want a bailout, 40% of it should come from China, 20% from Singapore and 21% from Abu Dhabi.
    Australia needs two domestic airlines, however I don't want China anywhere near it. They are the reason we are all in this mess and when this settles down the Counties that lost people should do whatever is possible to hit China hard. They kept this virus secret for weeks.
    Sorry for your loss Shamus. I too had a few trips booked and even though I hadn't used points a number of hotels were non refundable, so thanks again China. Sorry this is a footy forum.

Tax payer money can be used when they employ Australians and all the ancillary companies that supply to them are keeping aussies in jobs. Last thing we need is Qantas getting a monopoly again and a flight to Europe is cheaper than to Sydney. Hang in there Tiger hahaha.

I too have/had a trip to New York and Orlando booked for September October this year. At this stage I’ve paid the airfares so won’t know about refunds till end of May. It is what it is at the moment. Nothing can be done.

MT and JB... at least we have our health

MT and JB... at least we have our health
    And a job. No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hang in there Tiger hahaha.
    Tiger is owned by Virgin.