Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

As much as a lot of us are in dire need of our sporting fix. I tend to believe Cam Smith has said it best, shut it down for the next two weeks. That'll take a lot of pressure off various depts and people and give everyone more time to come up with more appropriate systems to deal with it. What we got going on at the moment isn't doing anyone any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    As much as a lot of us are in dire need of our sporting fix. I tend to believe Cam Smith has said it best, shut it down for the next two weeks. That'll take a lot of pressure off various depts and people and give everyone more time to come up with more appropriate systems to deal with it. What we got going on at the moment isn't doing anyone any good.
    I don't really disagree with you Toads but I think a two week shutdown will not achieve much. This thing is going to be with us for a while and I'd say once the comp is shutdown we'll be looking a 6-8 weeks absolute minimum. So, for now, I'm in favour of them continuing on, even just playing as a 15 team comp if the Warriors go home, which I respect if that is what they want. I think it's a matter of time until a player catches the virus and when that happens it's a deck of cards, so make the best of it while we can.
    Things are going to get very boring, sooner rather than later. Of course in the scheme of things the NRL comp is nothing but the TAB will miss my weekly donations.

Absolutely, this will be with us for at least the next 12-18 months until they come up with a vaccine for it. The idea of 2 weeks was prop, calm down, take onboard the evolving information in regards to it. And see where we're at with it then. In the meantime cottonwool players and staff and tuck em away. Then if we can't get systems in place in that time to minimise the spread of coronavirus, then can it for the season if necessary. God forbid.

Inactive User

School are open with kids touching and wrestling and coughing, public transport is open with people jammed in, planes are flying with people crammed in sharing the same air. Whilst that’s all going on I can’t see any reason to not play footy.

fair point, Bod's. At this rate we probably having the first lot of players testing positive by the weekend anyway.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    School are open with kids touching and wrestling and coughing, public transport is open with people jammed in, planes are flying with people crammed in sharing the same air. Whilst that’s all going on I can’t see any reason to not play footy.
    Great point

Toads ye olde devil, nice to see your moniker contributing ... over here in China we just sat it out and now things are returning to normal (that's saying a lot for those who've ever lived in China) ... quirkiest thing I've seen recently on CNN is the US having to admit that they've been hiding the virus in the US, disguised as the flu, since well before it was found in China and that they may well have transported it to Wuhan on an army exchange mission ... whatever the cause or the solution two weeks will not be enough in an open society like Oz.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Good to hear your situation is on the improve, Titanic.

Maybe i'm a bit paranoid. Though it would appear i've already potentially had a close call at a dental clinic, and I pretty well live a reclusive lifestyle in a regional area.

It'll be interesting to see how the US deals with it, considering that's where it may have originated. Denial route they first took wouldn't have done them any favours.

I'm gonna need hard evidence of US origin beyond the collective stupidity of the Chinese foreign ministry on twitter. That's my nice way of saying I think it is total bs.

I hope you are ok Toads! I'm going to the dentist today actually. Probably headed back to HK early... wife is freaking out.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 17-03-20 at 11:58 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'm gonna need hard evidence of US origin beyond the collective stupidity of the Chinese foreign ministry on twitter. That's my nice way of saying I think it is total bs.

I hope you are ok Toads! I'm going to the dentist today actually. Probably headed back to HK early... wife is freaking out.
    One country eats soup out of the inside of bats, the others idea to combat a virus is to stockpile assault weapons. I'm gonna go with the bat people at this stage, but I may change my mind.

I'd rather not offer trust to the one party, one man state who threw doctors in jail who blew the whistle on this in late December-early January and allowed hundreds of thousands of people to move from ground zero in Hubei province, to throughout China and then the world. I won't be powering their desperate attempt to blame shift. I don't have a us v china view of world geopolitics. They are both terrible.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Now guys this is a rugby league Forum rather than a political platform, my comment was to highlight the misinformation available and my source was not Chinese media but CNN on satellite over breakfast with some talking head quoting a debate between "experts". Personally, the flu issue has been around for centuries and until there is a cure then we will face such debate from time to time. As one of the few on here in the endangered age bracket (no I'm not below 3) and in the heartland of the disease, I believe it's just a matter of maintaining common sense.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

I’m enjoying the discussion drifting off Into other areas.

After seeing the team list I’d prefer to talk about world politics.

In case my comments were misinterpreted. I meant the bat people started with the virus. Not, I believe what the bat people are saying.

Did anyone else have a heart attack reading this week's Titans team email?