Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    My pleasure ... how’s Honkers? Looks like you’ve got some spare time ... lol.
    Yea mate. Been playing some games, reading books, watching lots of TV and movies. I'm in heaven. Soon I'll have the footy too.

Might get HKRL together to watch the first weekend.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bryce Cartwright has told coach Justin Holbrook he has agreed to NRL's new flu-jab waiver and has reported for training today. #NRL*

https://twitter.com/travismeyn/statu...144506880?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Bryce Cartwright has told coach Justin Holbrook he has agreed to NRL's new flu-jab waiver and has reported for training today. #NRL*

https://twitter.com/travismeyn/statu...144506880?s=21
    It appears that this whole issue is brewing up as I've heard a few pollies on the radio today p1ssed off the NRL has backtracked on an agreement. I just hope V'landys brings it to a head to stop the saga - no jab no play. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It appears that this whole issue is brewing up as I've heard a few pollies on the radio today p1ssed off the NRL has backtracked on an agreement. I just hope V'landys brings it to a head to stop the saga - no jab no play. End of.
    Yeh... Heard on the radio that that Qlds Chief Medical Officer said that the NRL would all get the jab. She did not sound happy at all.

3 @GCTitans players have been stood down for refusing to have the flu shot.

"I've had a discussions with them this morning and they've stood down those three players at the moment, until we work through what it means."

Jeannette Young, QLD Chief Health Officer.

https://twitter.com/dloudon9/status/...640929280?s=21

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    3 @GCTitans players have been stood down for refusing to have the flu shot.

"I've had a discussions with them this morning and they've stood down those three players at the moment, until we work through what it means."

Jeannette Young, QLD Chief Health Officer.

https://twitter.com/dloudon9/status/...640929280?s=21
    Cartwright Peats and Kelly plus the Brimson news
    We live a wretched fan’s existence
    Drama drama drama

Wow we are missing some players! Might give some of the young guys a go now.. don’t think we will miss too much apart from kelly who can break a tackle!

Kelly is the only one i miss off that list.

PEats will get a jab.

Inactive User

Yeah Peats just tweeted he will get the jab this arvo. He had a bad reaction 8 years ago so was going to give it a miss if he could.

They are setting a dangerous precedence if they go down this path. This could blow up in the NRLs face like Folou did with the Rugby Union. If everyone else has the flu shot then why are they worried if some don't as they are meant to be immune from catching it.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    They are setting a dangerous precedence if they go down this path. This could blow up in the NRLs face like Folou did with the Rugby Union. If everyone else has the flu shot then why are they worried if some don't as they are meant to be immune from catching it.
    I’ve thought more about this and have changed my mind and am sort of with you.
    The Flu Shot isn’t an anti-vaccination issue.
    Until now it’s only been something for older people to have.
    I’m gung-ho about the kids getting all their vaccinations but this issue is mutually exclusive to the anti-vaxxer stuff.
    Having said that, anyone who holds firm and are forced to not play because of Govt interference and won’t back down and do it for our club I’d like to see released from their contract with no payout.

Players won't be released from their contracts. This very much could lead to a court case and be in the media every day like the Folou issue was. The other thing that could happen is players could say all in or not in at all. I could see many players saying they will stand with there team mates unless everyone plays. It may all just sort out in the wash but it very much could blow up as this is a very passionate topic for a lot of people like it was with Religion and Folou. I have never agreed with what Folou said but like the vaccine issue I believe passionately in freedom of speech and freedom of choice.
    Psmitty

Don't see how this goes to court. 3 million aussies stood down due to pandemic. NRL submits a plan that says all to be vaccinated. You don't vaccinate you are still stood down on whatever % of your wage was previously agreed to. Simple.

Freedom of religion is covered by law but "my missus watched a youtube video and won't let me" probably isn't.

" If everyone else has the flu shot then why are they worried if some don't as they are meant to be immune from catching it." Not sure what you mean by this? Who's immune? the people with the shot or the ones that say no? If they were in a lock down with no one in or out then they may have a case. My understanding is that players can go home when not playing/training except the Warriors.

As for players standing by each other. Peats as apparently said he'll have the flu shot by the end of the day.

Inactive User

And it’s as I feared it would be
    Drama drama drama
    And we are the face of it because of Bryce and Wife

QLD Cup

Just had my flu shot I chose to because I am over 65. I believe that's a personal choice. I can understand some people standing on their personal principles and not having a jab but, if so determined they should graciously step down from playing and forgo their wages. For whatever reason having a shot was a precondition to get 600 players, staff, coaches etc. or so back doing what they are paid to do. Now a few players threaten to stuff it up. Do these few players never get a needle when injured or in surgery? Are they so principled that they refuse a jab at the dentist or when they travel overseas, or when measles is raging in their home towns? No, the choice is theirs. If they don't want to have a shot to support their team mates, then step down and give a young guy a go.
    Last edited by Titanic Believer; 09-05-20 at 08:06 AM.