Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by "Gold Coast Titans facebook
    You can’t be here, but you can still cheer!💙
    Don’t let the NRL crowd lockout at Cbus Super Stadium this weekend stop you from showing your Titans spirit.
    In the lead-up to our clash with the Parramatta Eels this Sunday at 5.15pm, you can send your messages of support to our boys which we will broadcast on the stadium’s big screen on Sunday.
    Simply upload your message, picture & video with hashtag #NRLTitansEels and tag Gold Coast Titans
    Show your true colours by supporting the Titans thru’n’thru with the Titans Legion.
    #thrunthru #NRL #Titans #GCTitans #GoldCoast
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Falling asleep with air-con on lead to Titans' coronavirus scare
    https://www.smh.com.au/

Jai Arrow says "falling asleep with the air-conditioning on all night" was the reason behind the coronavirus scare on the Gold Coast last week.

The prized Titans lock forward was forced to undergo tests for COVID-19 and was cleared.

Without Arrow, the Titans would have been at even longer odds to beat Sunday's rivals Parramatta.

"I woke up with a dry throat because I had the air-con on all night," Arrow said. "My mouth was open and there was drool on my pillow. Because of all the crazy stuff that has been going on, they wanted me to get tested as a precaution. The boys took the piss out of me a bit, but they knew I didn't have it. I told them, 'at least I've been tested'."

Arrow is grateful the NRL has been allowed to proceed for now as the coronavirus pandemic has seen postponements and cancellations of most sporting competitions around the world.

South Sydney, who Arrow is set to join in 2021, know they could have done with a workhorse like Arrow on Friday night as the Broncos' monster pack had all the running early at Suncorp Stadium.

While locked in for the next four years at Redfern, Arrow stopped short of putting the red pen through an early exit to Souths.

The Titans have refused to cut him loose unless they could be properly compensated, but Cronulla said the same of Josh Morris before they let him join the Sydney Roosters.

"I honestly don't know if I'll end up at Souths [before June 30] and I'll take it as it comes," Arrow said.

"My focus is on the Titans and not putting my mind elsewhere. If I get caught up with any distractions it will affect my football. I'll keep my head down and it will all work itself out."

Arrow is desperate to make his final year at his home-town club a memorable one, starting with the Eels match-up.

"We'll have no expectations on us against Parramatta, who will be expected to come here and win convincingly [on Sunday],'' Arrow said. "Parramatta also have to fly up on the day of the game, and with their new stadium they're used to playing in front of big crowds, and have had that taken away from them [because of the lockout]."

Gold Coast lost to Canberra in their opening match last weekend. While the Titans showed some fight in the second half of that clash, is was well after the Green Machine had put the game to bed.

\

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

Morrison just banned all non essential travel. Does that mean the NRL/AFL/A-League is now done and dusted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Morrison just banned all non essential travel. Does that mean the NRL/AFL/A-League is now done and dusted?
    "Essential travel, what we are referring to is work-related travel that could be essential, it could be compassionate grounds, but also, when it comes to essential supplies and other important arrangements needed to keep Australia running."

Depends if it's deemed essential I guess. So essentially depends on who has friends and pull in parliament.

Rep Player

I believe that players travelling to attend matches will be classed as essential travel.

Inactive User

Old mate on ch9 just said that’s the end of the NRL/AFL season

Rep Player

Old mate on ch9 just said that’s the end of the NRL/AFL season
    Was he speculating or was that official?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Was he speculating or was that official?
    Not official but certainly stating it as though it was a natural occurrence

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I believe that players travelling to attend matches will be classed as essential travel.
    I think so too. People need sport. But basing all teams in one city will probably be the way we go. I hope everyone is safe and prepared. If not reach out to friends and family, even us!

Inactive User

Today is our last game for quite a while

Article on the matter. It's a big article. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...938ae27274eec4

PM Scott Morrison put a ban on non-essential travel on Sunday. But V’Landys, however, said that while the NRL continued to use private jets to take players between cities, the block didn’t apply to rugby league.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Article on the matter. It's a big article. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...938ae27274eec4
    If V’Landys finds a way to keep the competition going then he is superman administrator

If V’Landys finds a way to keep the competition going then he is superman administrator
    I think he is a bit of a bulldozer of a bloke. But the clubs would have to have been briefed on these Plan Cs and Ds well in advance. And he will have to do it fast. I'm thinking the centrally based location.

AFL press conference this afternoon.

So basically he thinks because he hires private jets the Nrl is exempt. Geez. Dangerous came we’re playing. Certainly not being responsible citizens anymore. Too many mixed messages around.

I suspect when NSW and VIC close down to only essential businesses only it may spell the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So basically he thinks because he hires private jets the Nrl is exempt. Geez. Dangerous came we’re playing. Certainly not being responsible citizens anymore. Too many mixed messages around.

I suspect when NSW and VIC close down to only essential businesses only it may spell the end.
    It's a lot more than just the NRL doing it and apparently they only have one plane.

Reports that AFL clubs have been told that the season will be suspended. Seems likely that we'd follow suit.