Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Was just a bit of tongue-in-cheek. Not meaning to offend, more so to illustrate the fact of yet another titans player in the paper for a stupid/wrong reasons.
    All good, mate...and welcome aboard!

Don't the media love to slip the boot in whenever a chance presents itself? I'd just rather we concentrate on players performances on the field, rather than judging them for their decisions (stupid or otherwise) away from the game. The media will more than cover the latter. There's not much we can do about it.

As for the on field stuff...I don't think Bryce delivers enough to deserve his spot/pay cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Thank you Titanic for teaching me what a cargo cult is.
    My pleasure ... how’s Honkers? Looks like you’ve got some spare time ... lol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    All good, mate...and welcome aboard!

Don't the media love to slip the boot in whenever a chance presents itself? I'd just rather we concentrate on players performances on the field, rather than judging them for their decisions (stupid or otherwise) away from the game. The media will more than cover the latter. There's not much we can do about it.

As for the on field stuff...I don't think Bryce delivers enough to deserve his spot/pay cheque.
    Can't say I blame the media on this one. Shes freely giving interviews and he's happy to say he's not going to get a jab which puts himself and the rest of the players he is quarantined with at chance of bringing the flu into camp. The risk of catching the flu then increases the severity of coronavirus if caught as well. It's about player welfare. If he doesn't want to get jabbed then stand down and go and earn your $550 a week like every other Australian in the same situation.

The NRL has a legal responsibility to keep it's players safe and he is jeopardising it for an unrealistic/unsupported/unscientific belief. Considering he caught the flu last year I find it funny how she likes to tell everyone and sundry that her family is healthy and has had no problems. Kind of hard to take the high road when you convince your ex to have a paid for abortion and then rail road her to the point she commits suicide. allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Can't say I blame the media on this one. Shes freely giving interviews and he's happy to say he's not going to get a jab which puts himself and the rest of the players he is quarantined with at chance of bringing the flu into camp. The risk of catching the flu then increases the severity of coronavirus if caught as well. It's about player welfare. If he doesn't want to get jabbed then stand down and go and earn your $550 a week like every other Australian in the same situation.

The NRL has a legal responsibility to keep it's players safe and he is jeopardising it for an unrealistic/unsupported/unscientific belief. Considering he caught the flu last year I find it funny how she likes to tell everyone and sundry that her family is healthy and has had no problems. Kind of hard to take the high road when you convince your ex to have a paid for abortion and then rail road her to the point she commits suicide. allegedly.
    While I agree with you about the vaccination topic...I'm choosing to not go near the "allegedly" comment.

I don't want Bryce in the side, based on what I see as not much improvement in his game since he signed. I could jump on the bandwagon and declare his "no Jab" policy as a reason to part ways with him...but I'd rather keep it footy related.

The media, trolls and social justice warriors are giving it to him enough on news sites, other clubs sites, facebook, twitter, Instagram....

Maybe, as you say, it is hard for him to take the high (moral) ground on this...but I'd hoped that by not regurgitating what we are all very well aware of...we might be able to take that high ground ourselves...here...on League of Titans.

For us to take that high ground would in no way suggest we agree with his decision, or that we are attempting to garner support for his plight. It would simply mean that we acknowledge and understand all the circumstances (no heads in the sand)...but choose to discuss his footy instead.

There are plenty of other social media platforms where we could join the chorus and launch rants from, should we so strongly feel the need. It'd be good if we could keep it classy here.

Just my thoughts.

Inactive User

What JB posts is quality entertainment. Even when I disagree.
    I love it.
    On another note I am starting to think that Cartwright should be allowed to play even if he refuses the flu shot.
    This is not a situation like the “no jab, no play” policy in child care centres. The correlation is not there.
    It’s a Flu Shot. Not polio or whooping cough.
    Nonetheless if the NRL says he has to have it to play then he needs to and should suck it up.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 07-05-20 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    What JB posts is quality entertainment. Even when I disagree.
    I love it.
    On another note I am starting to think that Cartwright should be allowed to play even if he refuses the flu shot.
    This is not a situation like the “no jab, no play” policy in child care centres. The correlation is not there.
    It’s a Flu Shot. Not polio or whooping cough.
    Nonetheless if the NRL says he has to have it to play then he needs to and should suck it up.
    When do we ever disagree. Hahaha

I’d say there are good grounds to say get a flu shot or don’t play.

If one player comes down with flu like symptoms then the game could potentially stop for 2 weeks while they isolate and get tested. Given there is up to a two week incubation period for this virus the nrl is once again stopped while we await test results. Flu shots aren’t 100% effective but the more you have them the better your immunity grows. Given Bryce missed the Broncos game last year with the flu (can’t think of any other players that did) I’d say he has little to support his moral claim against vaccines.

Memo, if you want to base this convo on his footy then I’ve said my fair share over the last couple of years and he shouldn’t be playing tough footy in div 2.

Just to play devil’s advocate the title of this thread does include the virus so I feel it’s “game on” for the Bryce topic ... just saying.

Apparently Cartwright is one of a few Titans that refuse to take the jab. I would assume every club would have similar numbers. I wouldn't think that there would be anything in there contracts that would say they have to take a jab. I think it sets a dangerous precedence to make people get the jab or they can't play. The NRL and clubs could be up against law suits if they continue down this path. I am all for people having the freedom to choose what they put into there body and they should in no way be punished for it.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Apparently Cartwright is one of a few Titans that refuse to take the jab. I would assume every club would have similar numbers. I wouldn't think that there would be anything in there contracts that would say they have to take a jab. I think it sets a dangerous precedence to make people get the jab or they can't play. The NRL and clubs could be up against law suits if they continue down this path. I am all for people having the freedom to choose what they put into there body and they should in no way be punished for it.
    Will they put their money where their mouth is? Won't participate in what the NRL has put together to the state and federal governments to allow the NRL to play. If they say no I won't get the jab and the state and federal governments say No play for the NRL can the NRL in turn start legal proceedings against those players for loss of revenue? Or is it a case that they want the herd immunity plus the legal indemnity to stop everyone else from earning a wage? If I was the NRL I'd happily counter sue for the millions in lost revenue if they kick up a stink if they are stood down.

Most awards have been ammended to allow for stand down and pandemic relief or clauses so perhaps their contracts can be too. Given how pro vaccine ScoMo is this could spell trouble for those that say "No" on moral grounds.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/spor...off-an-iphone/

Just so we can all have a laugh. If you're that way inclined

Looks like the NRL caved and the waiver is good enough. SO now it's the Raiders problem.

What happens if he gets the jab and contracts the virus or the flu ... can he sue? Lol

Most of us don't want him in the side so let's just hope he gets the flu. The others are protected as they've had the jab.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Most of us don't want him in the side so let's just hope he gets the flu. The others are protected as they've had the jab.
    Im glad to see this Drama out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Im glad to see this Drama out of the way
    I'm not sure it is Bods. I've seen interviews with the Qld Chief Medical Officer and Peter Dutton in the past two hours which indicated that the NRL committed to players having the flu jab. The Govt might not take kindly to the NRL changing their undertakings.
    For what I know, I think it's nothing issue really, but Govt does not like to be blindsided. I've seen the NRL say that 97% have had the jab so they might try to run with that.