Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    That thing in both NRL and AFL showing people at home cheering needs to be stopped. It’s awful.
    Is that a Channel 9 thing as I'm not sure I know what you are referring too? I haven't watched a game on 9 for years other than Origin where we have no choice.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Is that a Channel 9 thing as I'm not sure I know what you are referring too? I haven't watched a game on 9 for years other than Origin where we have no choice.
    Definitely on 9 and 7 for NRL/AFL.
    Don’t think so for Fox.
    It makes me cringe.

Definitely on 9 and 7 for NRL/AFL.
    Don’t think so for Fox.
    It makes me cringe.
    I watch Fox - not only do we avoid that, we also avoid adds and the useless commentators on 9. You should get Kayo if not Fox. I thought you could Kayo as a Titans member for a reduced price - only $15 a month or so.

Inactive User

‪A lot of Victorians got across the border before noon today and there are many staying on the Tweed now. It’s become a dangerous situation. Everyone needs to social distance and wash hands etc with great care again. ‬.

I’ve even heard of Vics putting QLd number plates on their cars down in Tweed Heads.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 10-07-20 at 02:15 PM.

‪A lot of Victorians got across the border before noon today and there are many staying on the Tweed now. It’s become a dangerous situation. Everyone needs to social distance and wash hands etc with great care again. ‬.

I’ve even heard of Vics putting QLd number plates on their cars down in Tweed Heads.
    God. I'm really worried about what might happen in NSW and QLD. What happened in VIC is a nightmare. I also don't trust people.

We have had a third wave here in Hong Kong over the last week.

We have near 100% mask use which really helps.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I’ve just arrived back after flying around other parts of China, not known for their adherence to accepted social behavior, and can happily report that mandatory checking and health protocols seem to be working.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I’ve just arrived back after flying around other parts of China, not known for their adherence to accepted social behavior, and can happily report that mandatory checking and health protocols seem to be working.
    That's great news. I'm really dirty not being able to travel back to Oz this time of year, like I usually do. Who even knows about Christmas. Still, I'm very fortunate to be safe and healthy.

I'm more than a bit worried about QLD borders opening though.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    That's great news. I'm really dirty not being able to travel back to Oz this time of year, like I usually do. Who even knows about Christmas. Still, I'm very fortunate to be safe and healthy.

Pelican should have opened them up earlier so the economy kicked on and then shutting them again wouldn’t have been so bad.

Not like they’re shut to trucks. On of my mates is an interstate truck driver and just got back from Melbourne on Friday. So it is a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

I'd be more worried about the long term future of Hong Kong rather than travelling back for a visit. It is obvious China are on a slow march to screw the place and I'd be leaving. China has no morals and they will not be getting one cent of my future travel dollars and it appears that will include Hong Kong. Opening the Qld borders should be the last of your worries.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'd be more worried about the long term future of Hong Kong rather than travelling back for a visit. It is obvious China are on a slow march to screw the place and I'd be leaving. China has no morals and they will not be getting one cent of my future travel dollars and it appears that will include Hong Kong. Opening the Qld borders should be the last of your worries.
    I’m afraid I agree with MT totally DH

It's an intriguing debate and having been separated from my family since mid-January I have issues with it all as well. And as this is a rugby league forum I'll leave the China-bashing to those who know more about it than me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I can multi-task.

Inactive User

These two women from Logan and Acacia Ridge. So angry.

These two women from Logan and Acacia Ridge. So angry.
    go get em Bodsy

I guess all Sydney teams will be on the move! Maybe our game will be in Qld now