Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 17

Rep Player

Just cop the Carty Party til Tino arrives next year. I reckon we'll probably re-sign Proctor for his experience/leadership and keep him on the left, which I'd be happy with. If we get Fifita then maybe Tino can play lock. Either way, unlikely that Carty will be starting next year.

Bryce Cartwright not guaranteed a spot for the Titans after being given permission to play

"Despite starting in the first two games of the 2020 season, Cartwright trained with the Gold Coast’s second-string team in a yellow shirt on Friday morning.

He was replaced in the starting 13 by young forward Keegan Hipgrave, who has been cleared to return after missing most of last season with concussion issues.

Rookie Jamal Fogarty partnered halfback Ash Taylor in the halves, with regular five-eighth Tyrone Roberts shifting to fullback.

Roberts could be the Titans’ No. 1 option now that young gun AJ Brimson (fractured back) for at least another two months, allowing Phillip Sami to move back to the wing.

If Kelly is dropped, the Titans will field a new-look centre pairing of Dale Copley and Tyrone Peachey following the return of Kallum Watkins to the Super League."

Roberts at fullback WTF.....surely would be better to leave Sami there? Other than that I'm happy to hear Fogarty might get a start and willing to give Hipgrave a shot at starting. Interesting team list Tuesday coming up

Rep Player

I'm actually liking the sound of these changes. Holbrook wielding the axe and changing things up. I really like the sound of Fogarty being in the 17. That's huge.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...1a5df81dd1de23

Junior

Tyrone Roberts just shouldn't be near the field. He is slow and offers nothing in attack or defense. I agree with moving Sami back to the wing. He's not a fullback but surely YT is a better option at the back than Roberts. I really hope we keep Kelly as he's literally the only NRL quality back that can actually create something on our list. I do agree changes do need to be made though so I will take anything.

Inactive User

We’ve played TRoberts at FB before when he was younger and faster and it didn’t go well.

I would take Hipgrave over most of these nufties in our team, yeh he gives a few penalties away and has some brainsnaps, but at least he always gives it his 100%, is an absolute competitor, gold coast local, if I was playing he would be one of the first people I would pick to be in the trenches with if there is a brawl I know he would be there backing up the team.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I would take Hipgrave over most of these nufties in our team, yeh he gives a few penalties away and has some brainsnaps, but at least he always gives it his 100%, is an absolute competitor, gold coast local, if I was playing he would be one of the first people I would pick to be in the trenches with if there is a brawl I know he would be there backing up the team.
    100%, him trying to take off the heads off broncos players and getting sent off twice in one match was my proudest moment love him.

Cows round one. Good time to get them with no Morgan. Happy to have them instead of the Broncos.
    Last edited by elltee; 15-05-20 at 12:14 PM.

Inactive User

At this point in his career Hipgrave is also one of The nufties indo. He needs to elevate himself.
    Coach Holbrook has a very good record and he’s the bloke we nearly unanimously wanted.
    I’m going to try and make a huge effort to not criticise him for two seasons.
    Gotta let him be the boss.

First Grader

I would happily see Sami play fullback again and Roberts not in the team if his fitness wasn't up to it, although if his fitness is I would prefer him at fullback as he has alot more creativity than Sami at this point in his career. Fogarty should be 7 and ash 6, also welcome back Keegan!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    At this point in his career Hipgrave is also one of The nufties indo. He needs to elevate himself.
    Coach Holbrook has a very good record and he’s the bloke we nearly unanimously wanted.
    I’m going to try and make a huge effort to not criticise him for two seasons.
    Gotta let him be the boss.
    I don't disagree bods he should be held to a higher standard and needs to pull his head in, but it's a relief seeing one of our players making last ditch efforts to tackle, trying to hit the opponent hard and backing his teammates up. I think he's still only 23 and has played circa 27 games, so the more game time he has will hopefully result in him becoming more consistent. I'm a big fan though, we still need an enforcer someone who can make the young guys feel protected, and some one which can turn the momentum with a single tackle. I hope this end up being Hipgrave!

Love Hipgrave (at right edge because I don’t want Cokey that side), happy with Fogarty at 7, lukewarm on Roberts at fb and hate Peachey in the centers but prepared to back Holbrook indefinitely so I’m just commenting to express my opinion and not to be critical.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I hope Fogarty goes ok but I have big wraps on Tanah Boyd. He's going to be something special.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I hope Fogarty goes ok but I have big wraps on Tanah Boyd. He's going to be something special.
    Is he going to be better than Dearden?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Love Hipgrave (at right edge because I don’t want Cokey that side), happy with Fogarty at 7, lukewarm on Roberts at fb and hate Peachey in the centers but prepared to back Holbrook indefinitely so I’m just commenting to express my opinion and not to be critical.
    Happy to play Kelly in the centres, if not then Young T and Peachey at FB. Roberts can sit out the remainder of his contract.

Rep Player

I'd actually be pretty keen to try Peachey out at fullback. He was ok there for Penrith. He's the kind of player we need roaming around and sniffing around for offloads. He doesn't have the speed, strength or agility of a Tedesco, but he sure has some creativity and general game sense.