Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Your 17

Immortal

Came into First Grade as a second rower but has played mostly front row for Melbourne but his one and only NRL start was at right second row where he played the entire eighty minutes and was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I haven't watched enough storm games - is Tino a second rower or prop? coming off the bench makes it hard to know exactly where he is playing sometimes for me.

I thought he was a second rower, but lately im seeing prop more? he will dominate either way, just wondering what the what is

Had no idea where to put this but I have been on the Broncos forum lately and was asked to start a thread on the titans as a fair few are interested to see a fans perspective on how we're travelling moving forward etc. Never really put in this much effort thinking about it before so found my thoughts on the second row particularly interesting regarding lack of attacking options in the position making our attack more predictable. Bit of a big one so apologies : edit: it is also 2am so brain was too dead for centres/wingers/fb etc.

Coach: Justin Holbrook
    Obviously the Titans have struggled in the past to find a coach able to both recruit smartly and get the best out of the players on the roster. Neil Henry was probably the last decent coach and unfortunately from what is known he became a victim of the Hayne signing which he was always against (I won't go into Garth as god he left us in a hole). In terms of thoughts on the current coach, I can only go off media speculation and his interviews/choices thus far. I feel for many of the games this year he has been experimenting with different players in order to figure out which he'd like to keep and move on as well as where they play the best etc. In terms of dealing with media and the roster, I feel he has done well in any interviews and appearances and from all reports the squad love what he is doing with the place. His recruitment in terms of players has been solid as well as assistant coaching staff with our defence and attack both seemingly improving. The stats in terms of for and against don't show this predominantly due to changes in the squad through injury etc. especially with defence.

Props: Ryan James, Shannon Boyd, Jaimin Jolliffe, Mo Fotuaika, Sam Lisone, Jarrod Wallace and Jai Whitbread. 2021 incumbents(Herman Ese'ese and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui)
    The recruitment of Jolliffe and Lisone appears to be quality with both on cheap contracts. Jolliffe has been very impressive and the club has taken a club option to extend his deal in 2021 and Sam has done his job and was extended til 2022 I believe. Mo F is obviously the big one with him being arguably Titan's best player in a fair few games this season and he is also signed til 2022. Both Wallace and Whitbread have both played limited games this year due to struggles with adapting to the 6 again rules. Wallace showed improvement in last game against Panther's however, so jury is still out there. Not sure if Whitbread will be re-signed passed next year but no news there. Ryan James has essentially not played for 2 seasons with dual ACL injuries and is off to the Raiders next year. Shannon Boyd and the club reached a settlement and he will be released shortly as well from all reports. Both James and Boyd leaving should at least cover the signings of Ese'ese and Tino with Ese'ese supposedly coming for $400k. Overall the prop rotation should be significantly strengthened going into next year and beyond. You could argue that with James gone there is possibly a lack of experience which would be the only question marks on it.

Second Row: Cartwright, Proctor, Hipgrave, Fermor, Farmer, Stone. 2021 Incumbents (Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and David Fifita)
    Honestly, an area where we were probably lacking this year. Cartwright has obviously been pretty disappointing given his alleged contract size. I believe he has asked to quit to move back to Sydney though so money freed up there. Proctor is currently off contract end of year and might be re-signed for experience though I am not completely sure. Hasn't set the world on fire, but hasn't done much wrong either. Strong defensively but pretty limited in attack. Hipgrave showed glimpses this season that he could be a quality option there with some stinging defence and solid runs whilst playing with a shoulder injury for 60 odd minutes (had to be pulled off the field virtually). A bit of heart the Titans seem to lack at times. Fermor has played around 3 games this year with one being in the centres due to injury. Not sold on his defence as yet but was strong in attack with some strong linebreaks which I haven't seen from the Titans in yonks. Some fans have wraps on Stone but honestly I believe he is just depth at this point. Not bad. The reason Fifita and Tino's signings are exciting personally is I believe recently we have had no attacking options at second row which have limited our options in attack. Should give a new element in attack which makes the side less predictable. I have noticed our set plays usually get read easily, which may be down to a lack of strike inside.

Lock: Arrow, Peachey at times. 2021 Incumbent (Herman Ese'ese)
    Obviously Arrow going to South Sydney next year which at the time of signing was devastating for many Titans fans. I believe he got 800k down there and from all reports mainly left for his now ex girlfriend. Arrows main upside has mostly been through his ability to get upwards of 200m for most games last year. This year he is down to 120 which may be due to a lack of minutes or increased defensive efforts I am not completely sure. Peachey rotates in there off the bench I believe, not my favourite player but keeps getting wraps from every commentator for mostly running sideways from what I see. Also gives away quite a number of penalties/set restarts hence not a huge fan but maybe I am bias and missing something. I believe a few of our forwards can play here interchangeably with their main roles but Herman has been playing 13 for the knights so I'll assume he takes over as it stands. I haven't been able to watch many Knights games but apart from against the bulldogs, fans have said he has been playing well and used to be well thought of at Bronx from what I hear. Came fairly cheap so just needs to get through metres and defensive work to cover Arrow. Some may see it as a big downgrade but that is yet to be seen.

Hooker: Peats, Rein, Clark, Tanah Boyd (interchange)
    Possibly where we have struggled most in 2020. Peats struggled early in the year with a few errors and many don't like how few runs he does out of dummy half which a lot of teams use to get on the front foot. His upside is probably his defence. Rein does run out of dummy half fairly often so this resulted in many fans preferring him but after a few errors in consecutive games he was also dropped. This brings us to Clark. Probably started the most now out of our hookers and nothing special as of yet. Compared to most teams, it is a position we definitely rare struggling in with service this year being fairly poor it must be said. Peats came back in for the Panther's clash last week and although didn't run much made 55 tackles in 60 mins or so and did provide better service then seen previously. It is not his preferred position so I have been trying to cut him some slack but Tanah has produced a lot of errors given his small amount of time on field. Does bring energy however, due to errors and sometimes a lack of direction his service does seem poor. A position I am unsure on currently. Probably looking to the market.

Halfback/Five-Eighth: Ash Taylor, Jamal Fogarty, Tanah Boyd, Tyrone Roberts
    I will start with Roberts as I doubt he will be here next year, played well 2016, shouldn't have been brought back. Tanah Boyd has been filling in at interchange hooker this year so can't say much for his playmaking abilites as of yet. Fogarty has been solid without being the flashiest 7 going around. Won us the game against the Warriors after Ash was taken off with a concussion down 12-10. He seems to be becoming more comfortable each game and for the moment willing to see how he goes. I might be among the minority in thinking Ash has been playing better, however, a lot of fans seem to be bias due to contract size and previous poor performances etc. My only problem with Fogarty so far has been his lack of creativity in terms of end of sets in opposition half. It always seems to be bomb and hope Don gets it. Don't know if it has come off very often but there has definitely been a few poor kicks on that front. I guess combinations will take time given our backline has changed weekly through injury. Ash has been involved in something like 55% of our tries this season (highest percentage of any player in NRL), and has been steadily improving throughout the season. Many people still hold a grudge due to his contract however, if we can get him on a reduced deal next contract I would jump at it personally. Poor dummy half service has also restricted our attack I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    ok lets have a crack at 2021.
    1.Thompson-AJ
    2. Spry
    3. Kelly
    4. Young T
    5. Sami
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty (VC)
    8. JJ
    9. Cam Smith (he’s buying a home in Tallai & kids already go to school here)
    10. Mo
    11. Hipgrave
    12. Fifita
    13. Fermor

14. Tanah B- to get taught by the best, he’s our future 9
    15. Lisone
    16. Asiata
    17. Wallace ( never thought I would pick him again but something has changed)

Smith on 1 year contract to help educate Boyd & the leadership group with Fogarty to take over captaincy

May as well dream big after all we did get Fifita
    #itaintweaktospeak

Think you forgot a few TP haha

I'll have a crack:
    1. Brimson
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Tonumaipea
    5. Thompson
    6. Ash
    7. Fogarty
    8. Mo
    9. Rein/Cam Smith/Friend (if we have the cash we need to target them two)
    10. Joliffe
    11. Tino
    12. Fifita
    13. Ese'ese

14. Boyd
    15. Lisone
    16. Wallace/Asiata
    17. Peach/Fermor
    Last edited by BundyTitan; 28-07-20 at 06:15 AM.

1. Thompson
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Young T
    5. The Don or Jonus Pearson
    6. T Boyd
    7. Fogarty
    8. Mo
    9. Rein
    10. Joliffe
    11. Fermor
    12 Fifita
    13 2 x Essay

14 AJ Brimson
    15 Tino
    16 Lisone
    17 Wallace

Ryan James to run the water
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 28-07-20 at 08:11 AM.

I think we need (1) an experienced 9 (Smith or Friend or even Granville or Segeyaro at a stretch), (2) height and impact on the wings (don’t really care who ... bring back Nene), (3) persevere with Taylor/Fogarty with Tanah the utility bench spot (looking at you Ash). A more creative pack should lift them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

You seem to be forgetting Tino and Ese Ese TitanPete, plus theres no chance I'd have hipgrave at 11 with our new signings and Fermor does not seem like a middle. Also whats this talk about Smith? Surely his kids don't already live on the GC?

At this stage, my 17 would probably be:

1. AJ Brimson
    2. Corey Thompson
    3. Brian Kelly
    4. Young Tonumaipea
    5. Phillip Sami
    6. Ash Taylor
    7. Jamal Fogarty
    8. Moeaki Fotuaika
    9. Mitch Rein
    10. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
    11. David Fifita
    12. Kevin Proctor
    13. Herman Ese'ese

14. Tanah Boyd / Tyrone Peachey
    15. Beau Fermor
    16. Sam Lisone
    17. Jaimin Joliffe
    Last edited by Dobes; 28-07-20 at 10:46 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    At this stage, my 17 would probably be:

1. AJ Brimson
    2. Corey Thompson
    3. Brian Kelly
    4. Young Tonumaipea
    5. Phillip Sami
    6. Ash Taylor
    7. Jamal Fogarty
    8. Moeaki Fotuaika
    9. Mitch Rein
    10. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
    11. David Fifita
    12. Kevin Proctor
    13. Herman Ese'ese

14. Tanah Boyd / Tyrone Peachey
    15. Beau Fermor
    16. Sam Lisone
    17. Jaimin Joliffe
    I think I'd prefer spry over Thompson. He is a big body and didn't seem to put a foot wrong. I feel he could really do well with an extended run. I sort of feel Thompson is either fullback or not in the team.

This is a great thread! Isn't it good to not only dream, but to actually have some of them come true!!

I'll have a lash...

1. AJ
    2. Pearson/Spry
    3. Young T
    4. Kelly
    5. Sami
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Lisone
    9. Rein
    10. Mo
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Herman

14. Joliffe
    15. Wallace
    16. Hipgrave
    17. Boyd

Been a while since i've been on here boys but ill give it a crack....p.s mind the username and avatar

1. Brimson
    2. Thompson
    3. Young
    4. Kelly
    5. Sami
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Moe
    9. Rein
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Herman

Bench:
    14. Peachey
    15. Joliffe
    16. Hipgrave
    17. Lisone

Signings i would look at:
    Starling (Hooker)
    Cotter (Hooker)
    Asiata (Lock)
    Coates (Wing, centre)

Hahaha mate that username did not age well

Let me know if you want to change it

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by brennosboys17 View Post
    Been a while since i've been on here boys but ill give it a crack....p.s mind the username and avatar

1. Brimson
    2. Thompson
    3. Young
    4. Kelly
    5. Sami
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Moe
    9. Rein
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Herman

Bench:
    14. Peachey
    15. Joliffe
    16. Hipgrave
    17. Lisone

Signings i would look at:
    Starling (Hooker)
    Cotter (Hooker)
    Asiata (Lock)
    Coates (Wing, centre)
    Please please take up HS offer of an avatar and name change

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Hahaha mate that username did not age well

Let me know if you want to change it
    please and thankyou

Don’t change it bb17, it has character ... on topic, I would not cross out Copley if he gets the Footy Gods off his back. Plus Peats could play himself back into contention. A big driving forward pack will change so much but our increased work ethic helped a lot against an admittedly weakened East’s and I hope we don’t trade our mobility for size alone.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.