Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Your 17

Inactive User

You need to judge teams by depth charts and not best 17s.
    Injuries are inevitable.

My current 17 for 2021 based on current players signed and what I would want to see.

1 AJ
    2 Tremaine Spry
    3 Brian Kelly
    4 Patrick Herbert (goal kicker)
    5 Corey Thompson
    6 Ash Taylor
    7 Jamal Fogarty
    8 Jaimin Jolifee
    9 Mitch Rein
    10 Mo Fotuaika
    11 Kevin Proctor
    12 David Fifita
    13 Tino

14 Herman Ese'ee
    15 Sam Lisone/ Jarrod Wallace
    16 Beau Fermor
    17 Tyrone Peachey

BK and Tremaine to start next to each other, they seemed to be quite in tune with each other in the backend of the season.

I would have Patrick Herbert starting at centre because I think he is solid defensively and would be the goal kicker. Corey Thompson on wing because he gives 100% (however would like Sami, Pearson, GL putting pressure on wing/centre spots).

Halves pick them selves.

Mitch Rein to play 80 at hooker, I have him above Erin Clarke and Tanah.

Starting forward pack picks themselves, I think Jolifee deserves to start even though he doesn't get the accolades. Tino to start in lock.

The hardest part is the bench, I put Ese'ese, Wallace and Lisone as the same tier of middle forwards. I would have Beau Fermor on the bench (I think Sam McIntyre could push for this position later in the season). I would have Peachey on the bench with the intention he would sub on as a middle forward but could also cover any injuries to the backs.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    My current 17 for 2021 based on current players signed and what I would want to see.

1 AJ
    2 Tremaine Spry
    3 Brian Kelly
    4 Patrick Herbert (goal kicker)
    5 Corey Thompson
    6 Ash Taylor
    7 Jamal Fogarty
    8 Jaimin Jolifee
    9 Mitch Rein
    10 Mo Fotuaika
    11 Kevin Proctor
    12 David Fifita
    13 Tino

14 Herman Ese'ee
    15 Sam Lisone/ Jarrod Wallace
    16 Beau Fermor
    17 Tyrone Peachey

BK and Tremaine to start next to each other, they seemed to be quite in tune with each other in the backend of the season.

I would have Patrick Herbert starting at centre because I think he is solid defensively and would be the goal kicker. Corey Thompson on wing because he gives 100% (however would like Sami, Pearson, GL putting pressure on wing/centre spots).

Halves pick them selves.

Mitch Rein to play 80 at hooker, I have him above Erin Clarke and Tanah.

Starting forward pack picks themselves, I think Jolifee deserves to start even though he doesn't get the accolades. Tino to start in lock.

The hardest part is the bench, I put Ese'ese, Wallace and Lisone as the same tier of middle forwards. I would have Beau Fermor on the bench (I think Sam McIntyre could push for this position later in the season). I would have Peachey on the bench with the intention he would sub on as a middle forward but could also cover any injuries to the backs.
    I like that team very much mate! Going to be hard to leave some players out next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    I like that team very much mate! Going to be hard to leave some players out next year!
    This has been my favourite team in quite a few years I must say, probably with some of the promising players we have signed + the form of the existing squad at the back end of last year

Nice squad indo. That bench is a tough one to pick and I think Sam McIntyre will really challenge for a spot.

I like that back 5 and would pick the same. I have a feeling we’ll see Sami & Don on the wings though.

First Grader

Really like that team. I could not agree more regarding spry, I really hope he gets a good crack as I think he could develope into a pretty solid player.

Bench is very hard to choose. I'm not sure about having fermor and peachy on the bench together, I feel it gives away alot of size. Like HS said, I think McIntyre will be there or there about, perhaps instead of fermor.

I can't believe I was ever worried about Arrow leaving which left a big hole at 13.

I'd expect Tino to mould into that 13 jumper in no time...hell he owned the Maroons 13 jumper by the end of Origin 3. And to think this beast is only 21 years old come February.

First Grader

Gold Coast Titans: 2021 round 1 predicted team https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/12/27/...redicted-team/

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Gold Coast Titans: 2021 round 1 predicted team https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/12/27/...redicted-team/
    Weak squad, how could they not have Jolifee in there or Corey Thompson. I would also have Tremaine there too

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Weak squad, how could they not have Jolifee in there or Corey Thompson. I would also have Tremaine there too
    I agree I think Thompson has to be one of our wingers but not sure yet on Spry would like to see him a bit more. Jolifee should be there or there abouts. There will be a massive fight for positions in the pack. Not sure who misses out maybe Ese Ese or Lisone or Peachy. It is hard to choose but injuries will make it easier during the year I guess.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Hurricane is a genius
    He will sort it out

Defenitely gotta have Thompson in for Sami.. he looks dangerous everytime he gets the ball unlike Sami.. id like jollife in there somewhere.. and I’d like to see spry on a wing at least.. he looked good at the end of the season.. I’m sure there will be some good players missing out

1 AJ
    2 Sami
    3 Kelly
    4 Spry
    5 Herbert
    6 Taylor
    7 Fogarty
    8 Mo Fotuaika
    9 Rein
    10 Jolliffe
    11 Proctor
    12 Fifita
    13 Tino Might go to edge to let Peachy on

14 Peachy
    15 Lisone /Clark/Boyd (Rein cant play 80)
    16 Ese'Ese
    17 Walace

1. AJ Brimson
    2. Corey Thompson / Philip Sami
    3. Patrick Herbert
    4. Brian Kelly
    5. Treymain Spry
    6. Ash Taylor
    7. Jamal Fogarty
    8. Moeaki Fotuaika
    9. Mitch Rein
    10. Jaimin Joliffe
    11. David Fifita
    12. Kevin Proctor (c)
    13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Tyronne Peachy
    15. Jarrod Wallace
    16. Sam Lisone
    17. Beau Fermor / Sam McIntyre

I was so impressed with Corey Thomson last year that I feel we have to find a spot for him, but then I really worry about having such a short bloke on the wing, and when Sami is at his best, he can be awesome. I would rotate these two on the wing on a week to week/game-plan basis.

I thought Kelly and Spry had some excellent chemistry building up to that last round against the knights when they were dangerous all night. I hope Holbrook persists with them to open 2021.

I thought Joliffe was huge for us last yr and earned a starting spot. If Wallace is smart he will not see his bench role as a demotion, but an opportunity to be the best impact bench forward in the comp and solidify his role here for another coupla.

Beau Fermor is a weapon. I also hate leaving him out but we are stacked with second rowers at the moment, and I think Sam McIntyre could be a very good player. Can't wait to see them both go to work this season.

I really loved the energy and offloads Lisone brought off the bench last year, but I also can't see us leaving Esse Esse out of the lineup... I just couldn't fit big herman in my 17. Hopefully he makes me look foolish for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    1. AJ (not much doubt now)
    2. Young T
    3. Copley
    4. Kelly
    5. Pearson
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. MoFo
    9. Peats
    10. Jolliffe
    11. Proctor
    12. Difita
    13. Tino

14. T. Boyd
    15. Ese’ese
    16. Wallace
    17. Hipgrave
    I posted this team at the beginning of August after the Cows win and so since there has been recruitment changes then it's time I had another go. There are some terrible choices to be made and I'm glad I'm not making them.

1. Brimson
    2. Spry
    3. Herbert
    4. Kelly
    5. Sami
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Fotuaika
    9. Rein
    10. Jolliffe
    11. Fifita
    12. Proctor
    13. Tino

14. Peachey
    15. Wallace
    16. Ese'ese
    17. McIntyre
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.