Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Rep Player

Very very encouraging trial. Even when we were down 16-0 we blew so much unreal lead up play which was both dissapointing and encouraging at the same time Not to add to much from what others have said

Good
    -Rein is our starting 9 and honestly I dont see the point of Peats in our team.
    -Lisone was unreal. Everything you could ask for a hungry prop on a 1 year prove it deal.
    -Dont know where Jaimin Jolliffe came from but bring him on off the bench. Just tried every second he was on the field.
    - Peachy looked hungry when he was on. Whitbread, Sami, Pearson and Taylor showed good glimpses of progression

Bad
    -Wallace was garbage hasnt impressed in either trial
    -Taylor looked better but still blew so many tries once we got in attacking range
    -Dunno about TRoberts just doesnt add the spark we need from a 5/6
    -Peats, Copley, Don enjoy Qcup I dont imagine we will see you this year without injuries
    -Cartwright as usual some good, some bad more I just dont think we are every going to get the pricetage out of him. Still wont just tuck and run and play like he used to
    -Waktins...not as harsh as the other. Looked quicker, looked harder but dont see how he makes the team.sami, pearson, kelly and eithe peach or GL backline

Still not sure what our best centre pairing is. Peach was good. BK didn’t have his best night and has a lot of work to do defensively still. Watkins isn’t exactly stating a case.

Overall though I’m reasonably optimistic that we’re improving under the new command..it’s only a trial of course but some encouraging signs and a good showing of effort and a will to compete.

R1 team will be interesting to see..
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-02-20 at 10:01 PM.

A very interesting, entertaining and intriguing effort ... liked Lisone a lot and Joliffe is a revelation. Rein wins 9 by daylight and Peachey 14 while Don and Cheapshot Wallace fade into the sunset.

Three of their tries were basic errors from us: an uncontested midfield bomb which AJ would have swallowed, a scrum base misread from Cartwright and a one on one missed tackle by Captain Fabulous while the other was a lazy consolation effort.

1. Brimson
    2. Pearson
    3. Sami
    4. Kelly
    5. Copley
    6. T. Boyd
    7. Taylor (c)
    8. Joliffe
    9. Rein
    10. Lisone
    11. Whitbread
    12. Cartwright
    13. Arrow

14. Peachey
    15. S. Boyd
    16. MoFo
    17. Farmer
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

I would be ok to see Copley in the team. He is a good finisher. I worry about lack of height on the edges though.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be ok to see Copley in the team. He is a good finisher. I worry about lack of aerial ability on the edges though.

Junior

Pearson seemed decent under the high ball last night from the bits I watched. I think GL needs to be in the team for sure. The rest of the wing options are all decent finishers and have got the speed but none are really powerful like GL, need someone to get you on the front foot at the start of the sets can’t just be all about speed and scoring tries, so would be silly not to have him

Definitely rein over peats, and my opinion is Erin Clark and rein are both better options at hooker than peats if there was to be one on the bench, Clark had heaps of energy when he came on and he looks really fit. Tanah Boyd looks unreal too I hope he gets a chance to push one of the halves out at some stage

Hello forumer’z

I watched the 1st half on my phone @ the Queen concert & like most was not feeling any joy @ halftime but I watched a replay this morning & thought there’s plenty to love & hate about the performance

The Goods

1.Rein has always been our superior no9 & Peats is not a 13 , we can no longer attempt to fabricate spots in the 17 because of pay packets

2. Watkins came here broken last year but he’s back to where he’ll be a major attacking centre but the 2 Jimmys will need to update his Super League defensive problems

3. Lisone is what we have missed since Birds retirement & James cutting his hair, call it mongrel but prefer to use the real word which filters don’t allow us to use on our site.

4.Joliffe possibly a real diamond in the rough could be anything & hopefully he gets a crack in the 17

5. The Peach, I think after the 9’s & the trials he looks to be loving his footy again which is great for us

6. Cartwright was very good, he will always stuff up somewhere because he’s always trying something which not many of our forwards could be accused of

7. Taylor looks fit & my fingers are crossed

8. Langer Junior, he is going to get a chance sometime through out the year & he’ll grab it, for me he’s our future no9

The Bads

1. Wallace, mr lazy & when Mo is fit this bloke can’t be in our 17

Great to be talking footy again
    #itaintweaktospeak

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno12 View Post
    Pearson seemed decent under the high ball last night from the bits I watched. I think GL needs to be in the team for sure. The rest of the wing options are all decent finishers and have got the speed but none are really powerful like GL, need someone to get you on the front foot at the start of the sets can’t just be all about speed and scoring tries, so would be silly not to have him

Definitely rein over peats, and my opinion is Erin Clark and rein are both better options at hooker than peats if there was to be one on the bench, Clark had heaps of energy when he came on and he looks really fit. Tanah Boyd looks unreal too I hope he gets a chance to push one of the halves out at some stage
    Tanah Boyd is very dangerous. Could he play the role Nikorima played come on late is the half at dummy half?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Tanah Boyd is very dangerous. Could he play the role Nikorima played come on late is the half at dummy half?
    I think he could. Its also a good place to learn the speed and physicality of the NRL - shorts bursts and gradual improvements.

I really liked Lisone. Not sure if id start him and Mofo, or use Lisone for impact off bench but he is a key part of the prop rotation.

Roberts was meh, but Ash was quite good - his goal kicking was great and a big indicator of confidence.

Watkins footwork seemed a lot better, and has good hands i think. not sold on defence. The centre pairing makeup is our biggest issue imo, and has a flow on effect to other areas such as halves, bench etc.

Kelly seemed off, and Pearson didnt seem quite like he was in other pre season showings, but i want him and Sami on wing come round 1. Don is a loyal serving club man who will be a great back up with no fuss if called up at short notice.

Wallace was almost absent but he was well above average i think last year and hopefully on board to back it up this year.

now aside from the individual performances, as a TEAM i really like some things i saw -

- i was happy Holbrook stated we were the better team even when down 16-0 as we looked much better with ball, just had a lapse on the bomb ( sami slow to it which wont happen with AJ and also Croft WELL offside ), stupid scrum play and then a pushover. but in and around that we looked more structured and dangerous than Brisbane.

We moved the ball quickly and cleanly ( mostly ) often passing multiple times across field to someone punching hard lines for metres. our shapes looked much better and well timed also. It was a definite change in tactic and the guys looked much better for it.

Think most guys looked fitter than i can recall as well.

Peats is no where near Reins ability at the moment and unfortunately doesn't offer anything as a loose forward either. With Peach and Tannah ready for bench duty, Peats will play Qcup barring injury and likely look to leave by end of the year.

Overall a decent pre season with noted improvements under a coach who has only had limited time with the team. Fairly encouraging i think.

Will post my round 1 team in other thread, but i'm struggling in halves and centres

Really enjoy that, well at least the last 2/3s. Lots to be happy about, actually I'm very happy so far. Rein is definitely our 9. Glad to see Peachey keen. I'd love to see Watkins come into form.

Thanks to the NRL for broadcasting the trial. Even my parents somehow watched it.

Now we need to bring this to Canberra in Round 1.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER