Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Greenberg says Gold Coast Titans here to stay

Todd Greenberg’s verdict on Titans future in view of potential Brisbane second NRL team

The proposed creation of a second Brisbane NRL team has many in the game dreaming of a new rivalry – but where would a new competitor leave Queensland’s perennial battlers?

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has declared he will not let the Titans die amid fears the creation of a second team in Brisbane will crush the embattled Gold Coast club.

Titans culture chief Mal Meninga has called on the governing body to provide more financial assistance to the wooden-spooners, warning expansion into Queensland could have dire ramifications for the Gold Coast.

There has previously been speculation the Titans would be relocated north to become Brisbane’s second team, but Greenberg has sent an emphatic message – the Gold Coast is here to stay.

“We see a bright, long-term future for the Titans,” Greenberg said.

“They are an important part of our competition and have a strong leadership team, both at board and executive level.

“The right people are running the club and there is every reason to be optimistic about their future.”

Meninga flagged the dangers of a second Brisbane team on Tuesday, saying: “All we can do is shore up our space and make sure we do everything we can to show the people of the Gold Coast and (NSW) Northern Rivers area that we’re a team to be reckoned with.”

Greenberg said new ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys is equally supportive of the Titans’ presence in the NRL.

“We have a very good relationship with the Titans and both myself and Peter V’landys have regular dialogue with the club,” he said.

“The Gold Coast is a rugby league heartland. We saw that just last weekend with the All Stars. More than 23,000 people filled the stadium, there’s no questioning the support for rugby league in the region.

“At a grassroots level rugby league participation on the Gold Coast has enjoyed annual increases for both males and females every year for the last three years.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm all for a 2nd Brisbane team and always have been.

But we need more help from the NRL on the Gold Coast.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

This is pleasing to hear from the NRL that the Titans are here to stay. I do think that the Broncos are the ones to worry the most. My reasons are that if they have lean period over the next two years and put Lodge in as Captain in the future there could be a few Bronco supporters and corporate partners that would go to the new team. The interesting thing will be when the new team come in how many current Bronco supporters jump ship? Also are there some supporters that only back the Broncos by default and lack of another team ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Definitely such things happen. Like when the Broncos did to Wally Lewis. That lost them support.

I'm sure a 2nd Brisbane side would be well resourced. And hopefully the Titans can hit our stride at the same time.

First Grader

If theres one thing i know about broncos supporters, it is that their loyalty is tied to success. If another brisbane team becomes successful and the Broncos have a lean few years, it could really hurt them

It's juicy seeing Wayne Bennett say a new side should be called Brisbane. They'll loose their minds!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It's juicy seeing Wayne Bennett say a new side should be called Brisbane. They'll loose their minds!
    The architect of Stupid League and a shareholder of the Broncos advocates establishing a rival club and him getting the plum job ... what hypocrisy from the senile old snake. My level of disdain has risen another notch.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The architect of Stupid League and a shareholder of the Broncos advocates establishing a rival club and him getting the plum job ... what hypocrisy from the senile old snake. My level of disdain has risen another notch.
    It very much is a case of hypocrisy after making sure there was never a cross town rival, well after they murdered the Crushers.

But I would enjoy the trolling it'd cause within the Broncos ranks.

Brad I’m championing the cause of Livermore’s Bombers morphing into his dad’s Crushers v2.0

I was too busy with the Vipers then but Big Artie and I had a plan for a Crushered Nutz promo ... lol
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-03-20 at 02:10 AM.

Inactive User

Imbecile Fittler has decided to voice his dislike to our existence tonight. Of course the Smellegraph has printed it.

Don’t need to waste our breath on this ****.. it’s bought up every few months.. just brush it off

Fitler is right on the ****list now.

Fittler was, is and always will be a phark-knuckle.

Titans will stay, but what about Greenberg as CEO. I think he is gonna be moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Titans will stay, but what about Greenberg as CEO. I think he is gonna be moved on.
    Yep, the big V is going to do him in.