Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Tino fits that bill. Lisone has been ok in that regard too. I think the new coaches understand what you're saying but they haven't had time to turn the roster over. Imagine we land Fifita, is this even a problem from 2021?
    I've lost circulation in my fingers from having them crossed for so long waiting for Fifita to sign...

How is big Tino going so far? Anyone been watching him?

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I've lost circulation in my fingers from having them crossed for so long waiting for Fifita to sign...

How is big Tino going so far? Anyone been watching him?
    Solid bench forward in a quality well drilled team, anyone expecting him to come here and be a leader/saviour in his first year is kidding themselves, won’t replace half an Arrow (yet).

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by MJF View Post
    Solid bench forward in a quality well drilled team, anyone expecting him to come here and be a leader/saviour in his first year is kidding themselves, won’t replace half an Arrow (yet).
    Is anyone expecting that though? Outside of a spine player like DCE or Pearce, no player is going to have an effect like that. Tino is just an example of the direction our recruitment is going in.

Does anyone seriously think Fifta's any chance of coming here after yesterday? I had the slightest bit of hope before, but why would he come here when we've been towelled up by 40 in just round 2. Especially when the Broncos will probably do a number on us this week, he'd be laughing at the idea of joining us

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Does anyone seriously think Fifta's any chance of coming here after yesterday? I had the slightest bit of hope before, but why would he come here when we've been towelled up by 40 in just round 2. Especially when the Broncos will probably do a number on us this week, he'd be laughing at the idea of joining us
    My thoughts completely. The only way I would come to the Titans, if I were him, was if it was promised we were buying a whole new team. Give or take a couple of players)

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I agree about players being dropped, but there is no reserve grade to get form back. So once dropped you probably stay dropped barring injuries. A good thing you all say, but no way a dropped player gets any confidence back whilst not playing the game. I think this scenario will go through Holbrook’s mind so don’t expect too much axe wielding.
    I don't want them to get their confidence back. I don't want them back. Because history has shown when they come back they still suck.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I don't want them to get their confidence back. I don't want them back. Because history has shown when they come back they still suck.
    Who do you replace Wallace with?

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    If you read between the lines things at Bronco HQ are not beer and skittles despite the Broncos winning.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Hipgrave!

lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MJF View Post
    Cheers, MJF!

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I agree about players being dropped, but there is no reserve grade to get form back. So once dropped you probably stay dropped barring injuries. A good thing you all say, but no way a dropped player gets any confidence back whilst not playing the game. I think this scenario will go through Holbrook’s mind so don’t expect too much axe wielding.
    It's a strange situation, but I wonder if being dropped might have an even bigger effect now. Instead of heading off to play with another side in a lesser comp...in these strange times it's different.

Having lost your spot to a more enthusiastic team mate...you now have to sit through video with that team mate, train with that team mate...and on game day...sit there and watch that team mate perform. (Unless you wimp out and stay home, leaving your mates to battle alone, exposing your pea heart)

If that didn't put a fire in your guts to get your spot back, then it would probably expose your not really caring to be here.

I think, considering it's only round 3...the virus threat to stop the comp at anytime...the need for the new coach to stamp his authority...it's not only worth doing, it's a must.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 23-03-20 at 03:46 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Hipgrave!

lol

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers, MJF!
    Can Hipgrave even play? I thought he was still out due to the concussions.

Oh well. Looks like our last game ever. What a way to go out

Let's hope it isn't our last game ever! It was looking more and more impossible for the NRL to continue with convoluted plans which would so quickly be undone by 1 corona case.

I guess we just stick tight and lick our wounds. And look after our own lives and the community.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Let's hope it isn't our last game ever! It was looking more and more impossible for the NRL to continue with convoluted plans which would so quickly be undone by 1 corona case.

I guess we just stick tight and lick our wounds. And look after our own lives and the community.
    Well said!

Stay healthy everyone.

Long live the TITANS!!

With Someone who has more talent than a player from an under 16’s 2nds team from Western Australia.

We have so many untried forwards. After last night we could use more utilities on the bench. Possibilities of reshuffles are endless.