Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    If we get another game this season we have to start with one Hooker & Tanah Boyd to play the utility role, AJ to 1, Sami for Copley, Pearson for Don, Boyd for Wallace
    Wield the axe!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Before you go, wait until our next team list Tuesday (whenever that'll be). If Holbrook wields the axe, have faith. If he doesn't, then by all means I wouldn't blame you one bit.
    Firstly my apologies mate. I agreed with all your pre game posts and watched as the apologists hammered you, but I couldn't be stuffed replying and copping it as well.

Now, on to that farce. Firstly did anyone honestly expect much this season when we have almost the same side as last year. I think we all know that 14 blokes are off contract and we need many of them out of the place to give Holbrook a chance to rebuild this team.

So, on to today and what has already been posted about Wallace is spot on. The drop in performance from him is beyond words. Taylor has now proven to be a shallow dud - overpaid and full of excuses. Roberts - injury prone and way past it. Peats and Rein - we spend a lot of time on here commenting who is better and who should start. The truth is both are very average and we need a decent hooker. And if Holbrook has them both in the 17 again I'll, well why bother. Sami - a winger at best. Watkins - finish up and go back home. Canberra have raided the Super League and done great whereas our last two poms have been poor. Proctor - works hard and I'd probably keep him although his form since leaving the Storm has gone massively down hill. Cartwright - yet another article this weekend about how he loves it here and wants to play his career out up here. Sorry mate, not on $600k a year or half that. Peachey - I'd keep him but he is also on thin ice. Boyd - the worst signing in our history in my book.
    Bring on 2021.

Pretty simple for me, our lack of ability to complete sets meant we didn;t have the stamina to defende for 80 minutes. We were solid on the line for a long time but if you keep gifting the opposition the ball you will get creamed eventually.

Quick question, if the Corona Virus shuts down the NRL for about 18 months does that mean contracts will have expired and we can look at who we actually need for this team rather than legacy players?

Inactive User

Bloody hell
    What to say
    Jesus

Alright Copley/Roberts tissue paper hurts our chances
    The Sydney Referees calling 6 to go when I fart in my lounge room hurts our chances.
    The Sydney Referees calling marginal pens against us and not doing likewise to Parramatta hurts our chances.
    The Sydney Bunker not reversing our challenge at a key moment hurt our chances.
    Add in the multitude of handling errors then it adds up to a mighty poo sandwich.
    I see straight forward handling errors like those committed by Kelly, Rein, Wallace, Peachey as them expressing to the team, members, owners and coaches that “I don’t respect you and my jumper and club enough to pay attention to detail and concentrate but I’ll take your money”.

Throw all that together and you have the floodgates inevitably opening.
    I’ve played in some bad teams back in the day and when the floodgates open they are near impossible to close again.

I actually up to about the 60min Mark was strangely heartened by the commitment.
    But yeah at the end of the day the score line once again is an embarrassment to every one of us and we have to wear that.

14 off contract. Pretty much all need to go. Go and invest in youth and this Coaching Group Holbrook/Lenihan/Dymock backed to the hilt is the only way to go.

They got Henry and Brennan but that’s over with now.
    Embarrassing players who enjoy our beautiful working man’s city and the money and life we give then......give back and perform or F Off somewhere else.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 22-03-20 at 08:42 PM.

Complete disgrace of a team, only good thing is this season will be gone NRL will shut down they will have no choice. And am hoping it happens and the NRL fold. SO then we can get someone else set up a new comp that is run better then what this shambolic basket case of a so called business is doing now.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

With you there Bodsie ... Henry/Brennan both fell for the two-card trick; "pick me, I can deliver for you" and then "player power". This time I'm sticking with Holbrook & Co.

And for Smakkas: here are some choices:

(1) How about we cut the comp to 12 clubs, pay everybody squillions because China will love it and call it something cliched like ... ah let me think ... yes, I've got it ... Super League or
    (2) Perhaps we should expand it to 24 clubs, pay everybody a pittance while they toil away as brickies and call it the QuayleRL or better still
    (3)Why not make it a Titanic Comp and divide it into Premier (16 clubs), First Division (16 clubs from the ISC comps plus other states and Pacific nations), have promotion and relegation, and sell the rights to a two-tiered, truly national competition with so much more media friendly content.
    Last edited by Titanic; 22-03-20 at 09:20 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Holbrook really needs to weild the axe and send a message to the players or else he will end up just like Brennan. Roberts symbolises everything about the Brennan era he's not good enough for first grade, Fogarty should be upgraded and straight in the team or play Boyd. Ash should probably retire hestill looks like he doesn't want to be there or take control of the team and do the basics that a halfback should. Our forward pack looks good on paper but always seems to get overpowered and outmuscled I think that comes down to effort and intensity, we really lack leadership out on the field.

I agree that there needs to be a paradigm shift in the short term and that comes from the coach and his selections. Don't be shy.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I agree about players being dropped, but there is no reserve grade to get form back. So once dropped you probably stay dropped barring injuries. A good thing you all say, but no way a dropped player gets any confidence back whilst not playing the game. I think this scenario will go through Holbrook’s mind so don’t expect too much axe wielding.

Well our mannequins got into the UK paper at least. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/rugby...nequin-titans/

I appreciate the club trying to have a sense of humour and give people a laugh during this tough time.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I agree about players being dropped, but there is no reserve grade to get form back.
    This truth nugget slipped my mind. Thanks shamus.

The blue-chip Intrust Super Cup competition has been suspended until June 5
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/17/...-competitions/

QLD Cup

Aren't players assigned to ISC teams?

First Grader

It is type of players we have recruited is the problem. In the forwards there is not one forward that you could say apart from Mo that is both powerful and has great leg speed. This enables the players to dominate the collision in both attack and defence. These are the physical qualities that players should have before we recruit a player and our development staff should be identifying and ensuring they are ones contracted to the club. The Broncos have been working towards this for the last few years and have now a bucket load of players where not one player doesn’t fit this bill.

Well that was painful to say the least. Out of frustration I couldn't post until now however, in saying that I'd love to know why Taylor is copping a bit of flack for that game. I thought his defence was improved and he assisted our only try. Bit harsh to mention the knock on from the garbage delivery from Rein although I do find it hard to believe how an NRL team can drop so many cold very early in the tackle count. Rein and Wallace were probably the worst for me and if Rein isn't dropped I am at a loss for words after last week. After calming down a bit, the defence for the 20 minutes after halftime was solid and if we'd have managed to hold the ball at all would've had a good chance. I would love to see Tanah over Roberts and Peats or Clark (I'm not up to date on whether he's like Fogarty and can't play yet) take the no.9 jersey. Get an extra forward on our bench for Rein and I would be more than happy. I know it was tough to watch but I honestly reckon after some hard calls we could match the Broncos next week.

edit: Loving Jolliffe's work and need more players willing to prove themselves like him. Also agree with WD above about the leg speed. I swear we got a bunch of plodders.
    Last edited by TitanPremiership; 23-03-20 at 10:22 AM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    It is type of players we have recruited is the problem. In the forwards there is not one forward that you could say apart from Mo that is both powerful and has great leg speed. This enables the players to dominate the collision in both attack and defence. These are the physical qualities that players should have before we recruit a player and our development staff should be identifying and ensuring they are ones contracted to the club. The Broncos have been working towards this for the last few years and have now a bucket load of players where not one player doesn’t fit this bill.
    Tino fits that bill. Lisone has been ok in that regard too. I think the new coaches understand what you're saying but they haven't had time to turn the roster over. Imagine we land Fifita, is this even a problem from 2021?