Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Inactive User

I’m not hyping us up either.
    I’m just pleased purely with what we put out there this weekend.
    The 9s will be absolutely irrelevant come round 1.

I think the way we dropped off in that second half is what got me. Like....why did that even happen?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    every pre-season you guys hype our team up and every year we're trash. Why should this year be any different? I saw some old habits creep back into our game in the second half of that game. That's why I remain pessimistic.
    Mate deadset you never have anything good to say so not sure why you are here to be honest. People will know from my posts I am pretty critical sometimes and have threatened to walk away countless times before calming down

But seriously credit where credit is due for the boys and they busted their guts this weekend. I don't care if it is the Nines, the little things like Ash smiling, the kick chases, the rush up defence - that sort of stuff was promising to see. Obviously I don't think anyone is expecting miracles or finals footy but just good to see the boys having a dig and trying (they definitely didn't last year).

If you aren't celebrating and congratulating your team for making the finals then why the hell do you support then? - serious question

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    We are not hyping up the team. We are happy that our team played some solid footy and made the semis in the nines tournament.
    Exactly this. Not about being overexcited and thinking we will win the comp but just good we showed some great effort and made it into the final 4

Ash looked just as fit and was smiling at the start of last pre-season too remember?

It's weird because I must have watched a different second half to that game than the rest of you? The one I watched showed more poor defensive reads and shirt tugging. If we went down trying then I wouldn't be as bothered...but we didn't and that bothered me a lot. Bad habits.

- - - Updated - - -

Positives - Pearson was awesome, Ash looked good, our youngsters looked good too but the dude playing right centre or wing was completely gassed a minute or two into that second half of the last game.

Arrow was easily our best....but he's gone after this year. Huge shoes to fill. Yet we still have Shannon ****ing Boyd waiting in the wings. That's extremely depressing since he's clogging up a fair hunk of our cap space.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 15-02-20 at 08:38 PM.

There are plenty of positives to take out of the weekend. I liked the intent that they played with, it was excellent to see Ash Taylor sit a few kicks up in the in-goal and even better to see him being the first guy down the field to make a tackle. Arrow was strong and while he is gone next year I think Whitbread showed early signs of being able to step up.

Attacking wise, the main take away was the decisiveness with which we used the ball, particularly Taylor, Peachey, Cartwright and Boyd, making early decisions and giving Sami and Pearson plenty of time and space to work. It was good to see the guys that will be on the fringes of the 17 man side looking hungry and going in hard, I think Pearson might really break out if given the chance this year, and I'm pretty happy with what I saw from the youngsters we tested out.

It's been a tough couple of years so it's easy for the default feeling going into the season to be negative, and I don't think anyone is under the illusion that we will suddenly be world beaters, but I am cautiously optimistic that we can make some steady improvement throughout the year
    Last edited by Titanitis; 15-02-20 at 09:24 PM.
    Titans Proud, Titans Strong.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    every pre-season you guys hype our team up and every year we're trash. Why should this year be any different? I saw some old habits creep back into our game in the second half of that game. That's why I remain pessimistic.
    Gotta take a win when there’s a win. No use worrying about the future that may or may not be. I enjoyed what I saw. Wasnt perfect but no one else was either.

Agreed Titanitis, Whitbread was superb and looks like he has a massive motor. Pearson definitely staked his claim for that vacant right wing spot, GL was solid too but might need a bit of work with his match fitness. Peach got involved a heap as well and looks a lot fitter, some great short kicks and looks like he will be our 5/8.

All in all some great positives to take away from that, now let's bring on the trials and round 1

So I think in terms of the game itself, the Cowboys were a tough matchup for us considering the squad we had particularly in the forwards was on the smaller size and they just had some incredibly huge units out there. I was disappointed we didn't shift the ball around more, felt like we had them beat in terms of talent on the edges. Nonetheless, great outing and certainly exciting to see the Titans out there again.

I thought everyone looked great and I agree with the reviews on Ash Taylor, definitely more interested and happier than last season. Pleased for him. Darius Farmer is huge. Erin Clark looked solid and Pearson, Sami and Spry are all legit. Great to see Leleisiuao in Titans colours again, his tackle-breaking ability is serious, think he's definitely a winger long-term.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 15-02-20 at 09:00 PM.

QLD Cup

I remember watching GL only once in the 20s after all the hype from the forum. That day he looked lazy and uninvolved. But I don't remember him being so big especially his legs.
    In this format positions seem a bit irrelevant but is Spry a second rower or centre?

First Grader

Enjoy what you have, the lads done their best and they done me proud. Only loss to the undefeated(I think) cows. Exciting times ahead.

Yeh they did good to get that far! Looking forward to the season ahead.. 1 more win and we would of equaled last years win record!

Peachey and Sami named in the Nines team of the Tournament. Only team with two selected.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Peachey and Sami named in the Nines team of the Tournament. Only team with two selected.
    Cows had Drinkwater and Taumalolo selected but still an awesome achievement

It was a really pleasing hit out. I enjoyed the Nines footy across the board.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

great tournament from both of them, Peachey looked really fit and fast, and his attack was electric. Could be a good option at 6. Also here’s a little highlight video of Ash in the 9’s for anyone who missed out. So good to see him leading the kick chasesand then finishing the tackle off as well to force repeat sets.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comment...tm_name=iossmf