Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Junior

Here watching from the sideline, they have looked like a reserve grade team for the majority of the game. Watkins, Don and Roberts are not NRL quality and Taylor’s defence is below reserve grade. In my opinion can’t have Taylor and Roberts both in the team because neither of them will step up. Whole side hasn’t looked urgent or motivated off the ball other than Sami and Jolliffe while he was on.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I think we've lacked a bit of spark too. The loss of AJ and still Mo really hurts. I'd inject Fogarty into the lineup in the coming weeks for Taylor or Roberts. This current halves combo cannot continue.
    I think people on the forum have previously said that Fogarty can’t play till June

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Thinking the same thing. We have gone two years without developing a plan on what to do in an attacking set.
    I’m not convinced it’s a coaching issue, I don’t think the players we have are up to it under pressure. Taylor, Cartwright, Rein, Roberts and Peachey don’t appear to be thinkers on the field. They are either robotic or off the cuff, no thought to pressure and possession.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I think we've lacked a bit of spark too. The loss of AJ and still Mo really hurts. I'd inject Fogarty into the lineup in the coming weeks for Taylor or Roberts. This current halves combo cannot continue.
    Our experienced players are that useless we're having to rely on our two youngest players to come back and carry this team.

I think people on the forum have previously said that Fogarty can’t play till June
    ah really? Well we're ****ed then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitansState View Post
    Our experienced players are that useless we're having to rely on our two youngest players to come back and carry this team.
    yeah pretty much. The likes of Wallace and Proctor offer nothing to this team. How Proctor was selected as our captain is still beyond me.

Please please drop roberts!! He didn’t look good in the trials or this game! Let’s get some youth in! Sami has looked great out there! We have looked no different to last year!! Sick of this talk up from the club about pre season! We really looked the same as we finished last year

Tyrone Roberts scored a total of 2 points in 80 minutes on Supercoach tonight. What a player.

I'm not crying a river. The error count crippled us. Don and Roberts need to be dropped. Cartwright was just trying too hard. He will settle. Peachy for six, and Kelly at centre. We didn't give up and we will look a lot better when an and mofo return.

So logic dictates that Cartwright can’t defend on the left or right so he should be shown the door. Wallace has shown that his form from last year had nothing to do with his family issues. Shown the door. Taylor needs to be put on notice and then shown the door.
    Agree with all of that, and add Rein who was terrible tonight. We just cannot have blokes like him that just kill any pressure by dumb errors. That lot can take Peats, Watkins, Roberts with them. Yet again Rein and Peats on the field at the same time - that's one huge black mark on the new coach in my book. Just dumb. Sami looked good as a FB and was probably better than AJ was last year.
    I'm grateful to be locked out of next weeks game.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 13-03-20 at 07:09 PM.

Agree. Sami was lethal tonight.

Can only hope Holbrook played the usual squad to see what the hell he's got to work with. Good luck, JH.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I’m not convinced it’s a coaching issue, I don’t think the players we have are up to it under pressure. Taylor, Cartwright, Rein, Roberts and Peachey don’t appear to be thinkers on the field. They are either robotic or off the cuff, no thought to pressure and possession.
    Totally agree. Players can’t keep hiding behind **** coaches. The problem is with them. My issue will be if Holbrook doesn’t swing the axe after that and has excuses to keep that team on the park then he’s part of the problem again too. If that teams only changes are players back from injury then he’s already lost my support to think he can change anything with this club.

Inactive User

Referees haven’t changed their attitudes towards us. That could’ve been much closer. Forward pass city for them and we had everything marginal called.
    They got tries off dodgy calls against us and we were only given junk time pens.
    I feel quite justified after tonight in the lineup I wanted in earlier posts.
    We had no injuries I think so we might be able to bolster the team next week a bit.
    I think Holbrook has something to work with if we get a rub of the green and cut out those awful handling errors that Wallace, Roberts and Cartwright in particular frustrate us all with.

Beat Parramatta!!!!
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 13-03-20 at 07:32 PM.

Agree with comments re our 9/14 and halves. Well below par and not sure they’re going to get a whole lot better.

Not sure why Watkins cops so much on here. I thought he was great tonight.

Canberra really are a very good side and bar a few rusty errors, look to be picking up where they finished off.

Well that was terrible to begin. Got better with an increase in speed and enthusiasm. But I'm struggling to pick my best players, easy to pick the ones that disappointed. Cartwright, was it Alexander who said that every time he gets the ball he thinks POINTS. I was nodding my head. Sami was my standout. Was shocked by the performance of a few players including Rein. I did think a few players getting hammered on here weren't as bad as that. I saw some nice glimpses from Watkins.

Great to see Gary E join us! It's always fun to have a lurker sign in and join the fun.

Great to see the great C Whiz here too.

Less silly errors, forward passes and less Carty-specials added with some speed and enthusiasm will help.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER