Default James: It’s a clean slate for all players

One day into pre-season training for 2020, much has already changed for the Gold Coast Titans.

The playing group was welcomed back to Parkwood today by 30-degree heat, new-look facilities at the Club’s High Performance Centre, and the promise of a “clean-slate” approach by new coach Justin Holbrook.

Titans skipper Ryan James made his first appearance at a team training session since injuring his knee in April, and said he was impressed by what he saw and heard around the club as the Gold Coast begin a new era under Holbrook and his assistant coaches Jim Dymock and Jim Lenihan.

“It was a great morning,” James said.

“Fresh new faces, fresh facility, everything seems to be a lot different coming back.

“It’s good to have a fresh start and a clean slate and it’ll be good to see what the new year brings.

“Hopefully the Titans of old is out the back and we can move on to the next year.”

While James admitted he indulged a little over the off-season, the Bilambil junior continued to work hard to ensure he was training with the main group today, which was one of his short-term goals.

“This will be the first time I can jump into skills (but) I can’t do contact until the new year,” James added.

“I’ll be able to do the majority of the training with the team, which is a massive step up.

“Just being back in the routine with the team is great. It got very boring being on your own last year.”

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...r-all-players/

Whilst it'd be nice to start with a 'clean slate', I can't help but think they should own this years effort to some extent. Then again, I guess I'm aiming too high, because they couldn't be bothered owning it after each dismal effort. Laughing and joking with the opposition (post game) was not a good look.

I just get sick of these stories year after year. It could have been exactly the same article from previous years, just substitute the relevant coaches name.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Whilst it'd be nice to start with a 'clean slate', I can't help but think they should own this years effort to some extent. Then again, I guess I'm aiming too high, because they couldn't be bothered owning it after each dismal effort. Laughing and joking with the opposition (post game) was not a good look.
    Yeah Toads. They absolutely don’t get it. Should be talking about how keen they are to get some pride back and make amends for the embarrassment and damage they caused last year.
    Naughty kids that muck up at school change schools looking for a “fresh start”.

Every player should get a Titans tattoo in a prominent position before signing a contract with us to establish their pride in our club.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I also lean towards the Game of Thrones style demands for loyalty and paying one's debts.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER