One day into pre-season training for 2020, much has already changed for the Gold Coast Titans.

The playing group was welcomed back to Parkwood today by 30-degree heat, new-look facilities at the Club’s High Performance Centre, and the promise of a “clean-slate” approach by new coach Justin Holbrook.

Titans skipper Ryan James made his first appearance at a team training session since injuring his knee in April, and said he was impressed by what he saw and heard around the club as the Gold Coast begin a new era under Holbrook and his assistant coaches Jim Dymock and Jim Lenihan.

“It was a great morning,” James said.

“Fresh new faces, fresh facility, everything seems to be a lot different coming back.

“It’s good to have a fresh start and a clean slate and it’ll be good to see what the new year brings.

“Hopefully the Titans of old is out the back and we can move on to the next year.”

While James admitted he indulged a little over the off-season, the Bilambil junior continued to work hard to ensure he was training with the main group today, which was one of his short-term goals.

“This will be the first time I can jump into skills (but) I can’t do contact until the new year,” James added.

“I’ll be able to do the majority of the training with the team, which is a massive step up.

“Just being back in the routine with the team is great. It got very boring being on your own last year.”

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...r-all-players/