Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2020 preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    TRoberts will be available for round 1
    Is that a plus or a minus ... if he is on song then great and if he's not then crap. I have a feeling that Taylor will be a much better player leading a younger half's partner rather than being told what to do.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

^^^^ agree

First Grader

I would like to see taylor given a run 1 wider of the ruck. Wear the 7 but play as a six to take a bit of pressure off of him. He might rediscover that incredible short kicking game with abit more room out wide. Not to mention perhaps more use of that long ball he has

Brisbane naming a strong team for the trial this weekend.

First team released for the last trials:

1 Jack Bird
    2 Corey Oates
    3 Kotoni Staggs
    4 Darius Boyd
    5 Xavier Coates
    6 Anthony Milford
    7 Brodie Croft
    8 Tom Flegler
    9 Jake Turpin
    10 Payne Haas
    11 David Fifita
    12 Tevita Pangai Jnr
    13 Patrick Carrigan

Interchange
    14 Jamayne Isaako
    15 Herbie Farnworth
    16 Jesse Arthars
    17 Tesi Niu
    18 Richie Kennar
    19 Tom Dearden
    20 Tyson Gamble
    21 Jordan Riki
    22 Andrew McCullough
    23 Joe Ofahengaue
    24 Rhys Kennedy
    25 Jamil Hopoate
    26 Ethan Bullemor

Immortal

That is s strong side, a great test for us heading into Round One

Does ours get announced today too?

Immortal

Titans: 1. Phillip Sami, 2. Anthony Don, 3. Kallum Watkins, 4. Brian Kelly, 5. Jonus Pearson, 6. Tyrone Roberts, 7. Ashley Taylor, 8. Jarrod Wallace, 9. Mitch Rein, 10. Sam Lisone, 11. Kevin Proctor, 12. Bryce Cartwright, 13. Jai Arrow. Interchange: 14. Jai Whitbread, 15. Tyrone Peachey, 16. Nathan Peats, 17. Tanah Boyd, 18. Dale Copley, 19. Sam Stone, 20. Jaimin Jolliffe, 21. Erin Clark, 22. Greg Lelisisauo

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Titans: 1. Phillip Sami, 2. Anthony Don, 3. Kallum Watkins, 4. Brian Kelly, 5. Jonus Pearson, 6. Tyrone Roberts, 7. Ashley Taylor, 8. Jarrod Wallace, 9. Mitch Rein, 10. Sam Lisone, 11. Kevin Proctor, 12. Bryce Cartwright, 13. Jai Arrow. Interchange: 14. Jai Whitbread, 15. Tyrone Peachey, 16. Nathan Peats, 17. Tanah Boyd, 18. Dale Copley, 19. Sam Stone, 20. Jaimin Jolliffe, 21. Erin Clark, 22. Greg Lelisisauo
    Where's Brimson?

Immortal

Back complaint but will be right for Round One

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Where's Brimson?

Oh boy. This is going to hurt.

Inactive User

Rein beats Peats

Let’s hope there’s a big change in the defense! Looks like this could be our starting 13 or close to.. apart from brimson and Shannon Boyd

Pretty close to what I thought lineup might be for round 1.

Obviously Aj and Shannon Boyd to come in. Think Sami is definitely 1 winger, but down to Don or Pearson for other spot.

Not sure Rein is guaranteed hooker. Maybe starting with him because Peats played a lot in the all stars. Either way don’t want to see whoever misses out on the bench. Rather see Tanah Boyd who can cover halves as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Pretty close to what I thought lineup might be for round 1.

Obviously Aj and Shannon Boyd to come in. Think Sami is definitely 1 winger, but down to Don or Pearson for other spot.

Not sure Rein is guaranteed hooker. Maybe starting with him because Peats played a lot in the all stars. Either way don’t want to see whoever misses out on the bench. Rather see Tanah Boyd who can cover halves as well.

Yeh I’d like to see tanah or Clarke on the bench.. something about Clarke reminds me of cook from the rabbits.. peats doesn’t do much for me, looks slow out of hooker and looks slow on the field

QLD Cup

We are looking pretty thin on the bench as far as forwards go.

Don’t know how I feel about the hooker situation. For me, a lot of it comes down to how we want to play and interestingly, what winger we choose. Peats is the far better hooker defensively although he looked pretty off the pace in the All Stars and they attacked the ruck area because of it. Rein has better attack but his defence has always been weak. He does a lot of leg tackles which allows the opposition to get a quick play of the ball.

On the other hand, Reins attack is much better than Peats. I was pleased to see Peats spiral passing more in the All stars but he is nowhere near as threatening as Rein out of dummy half. The reason why I saw that a lot depends on our choice of winger is because if we play some hard running wingers who can jump out of dummy half and spark something then we probably don’t need the same impact from dummy half. But as the trial list confirms it looks like Don is still in the running for a wing spot, so that throws that theory out the window.

I’m still leaning towards Peats because I feel we need to sort our defence before anything but whatever way we go Peachey should be our number 14 so there will be no place for the other.