Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 preseason

Inactive User

RVS-well done on the Arrow Mail. I promise I will never scoff again if that guy gives you mail in the future.

Inactive User

As of midnight tonight the Christopher Skase 30 Year Gold Coast sporting curse comes to an end. Things are about to turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqz...ture=emb_title
    Supposedly this has been picked as our official team song. What an absolute joke and embarrassment. We're already copping it on social media for this, the club seriously has no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Supposedly this has been picked as our official team song. What an absolute joke and embarrassment. We're already copping it on social media for this, the club seriously has no idea.
    I don’t like it that much.. sounds abit like an AFL team song not that I have anything against their songs as I have an AFL team but I’d prefer like a remix or something of thunderstruck or something with abit of energy in it

All songs are subjective...I'm just grateful we now have a song!

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    All songs are subjective...I'm just grateful we now have a song!
    YeH I’m with u big man. I’m not blown away by it either but it may end up growing on us once we get used to it.
    I have no doubt everyone will enjoy singing it after a win.

“Up Up Cronulla” is sort of an embarrassing, cringeworthy song and that is what makes it memorable and good.

Up Up Cronulla is catchy and easy to sing along to. This song feels like it was made for an AFL team in the 1940's, and isn't catchy in the slightest. Look at the crap we are copping for it
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comment...al_theme_song/

Inactive User

Up Up Cronulla is catchy and easy to sing along to. This song feels like it was made for an AFL team in the 1940's, and isn't catchy in the slightest. Look at the crap we are copping for it
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comment...al_theme_song/
    I’m not going to look at reddit. It’s a bit of a cesspool. Just give it a chance. It may well grow on us. I agree that at first listen it’s underwhelming but I’ve felt that about many songs that I’ve grown to love.

Rep Player

This has to be a gee up

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    This has to be a gee up
    If it’s for real it’s a very soft launch

A mate of mine who’s in a band which plays gigs and are half decent entered a song and I thought his effort was way better than this one.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 02-01-20 at 12:43 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    If it’s for real it’s a very soft launch

A mate of mine who’s in a band which plays gigs and are half decent entered a song and I thought his effort was way better than this one.
    Yeah I'm not convinced it's legit until there's an official announcement. Wouldn't be surprised if this were a troll job it's that bad. I think I'll call it Songy McSongface.

That is a joke surely? Ummm the mighty blue and gold are Parramatta. I think their supporters call themselves the mighty blue and gold army.

If this is our team song then it’s another epic fail for our administration, again.

surely this is a gee up, and agree with Junction Block about the mighty blue and gold thats Parra's saying and has been since they were so dominate in the 80's.

Inactive User

I must admit I’m not comfortable with the “blue and gold” reference

It’s truly really awful, horrible and cringeworthy ... the wooden spoon of anthems.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.