Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 preseason

Inactive User

Maybe it’s been given a soft launch to gauge reaction
    If that’s the case then it’s headed for the bin

The Living End live at Ocean Shores now

Hey club, how about inviting them to write an anthem??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Maybe it’s been given a soft launch to gauge reaction
    If that’s the case then it’s headed for the bin

The Living End live at Ocean Shores now

Hey club, how about inviting them to write an anthem??

Need to remember that the Management of the Band and the Record Label will want $$$$$ to do it. Nothing with recognised artists is for free.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/nrlnews/status/1...665507328?s=21

‘I wasn’t very good’: $2.4m prop’s vow after toughest NRL season of career
    Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    December 31, 2019 8:34pm
    Subscriber only

Former Test prop Shannon Boyd will bounce into the New Year a different player in a bid to turn around the forgettable start to his Gold Coast Titans tenure.

Boyd has dropped 7kg from his hulking frame compared to this time last year and is on the comeback from shoulder surgery following the toughest season of his career.

Boyd, 27, struggled for form in his 13 appearances in 2019 and was relegated to the bench for seven games before injury ended his season after Round 17.

Former Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan, who was sacked in July as the Titans headed towards the wooden spoon, signed Boyd to a $2.4 million four-year deal to prise the ex-Kangaroos forward away from Canberra last year.

Boyd was criticised heavily during his first year at the Titans and said he wanted to put 2019 behind him.

“I wasn’t very good, I wasn’t happy with it at all,” he said.

“It made it hard to watch when the boys kept losing. It was one of those seasons none of us want to remember.

“I don’t really want to talk about last year. We’ll move forward, stay positive and have a better start this year.”

Boyd played 111 NRL games for Canberra from 2014-19, making at least 20 appearances each season as he developed into one of the game’s top front-row forwards.

He played four Tests for the Kangaroos after the 2016 season, but has struggled to reach those heights since.

Boyd reported for pre-season training in November weighing 125kg, down from 132kg the year prior, despite being sidelined by a shoulder reconstruction.

“I came back in underdone last year. This year I’m feeling a lot fitter, faster and stronger,” he said.

“I looked after myself. Being in rehab I knew I had to be careful, I knew I’d get really heavy. I did a bit more training when I was back home and that sort of thing.

“I’m trying to do the best job I can at the moment. I’ve been doing a lot of running and conditioning to get my weight and body right.

“Hopefully I can have a good season.”

Boyd’s 2019 struggles were compounded by the success of his former club.

While Boyd sat on the sidelines injured he watched the Raiders sail into the top four and qualify for the 2019 grand final, which they lost to the Roosters.

“It was bittersweet,” Boyd said.

“I’m good mates with most of the blokes down there.

“It was exciting. I went down and watched the Rabbitohs (preliminary) final in Canberra. I was so pleased they made the grand final and went so well.

“At the same time it sucked because I just left that club and they’ve gone so well.”

Boyd said his goal was to be available for the Gold Coast’s pre-season trial matches in February and push for a Round 1 berth under new coach Justin Holbrook.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Need to remember that the Management of the Band and the Record Label will want $$$$$ to do it. Nothing with recognised artists is for free.
    A phone call is pretty cheap
    A collaboration between them writing something and Amy Shark would be epic.
    I’m just having a dream. A pleasant one.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqz...ture=emb_title
    Supposedly this has been picked as our official team song. What an absolute joke and embarrassment. We're already copping it on social media for this, the club seriously has no idea.
    This has been Removed from YouTube!!!!!!

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    This has been Removed from YouTube!!!!!!
    Hahaha sounds like Songy McSongface was a fake and the club asked them to take it down. I wonder if it was another elaborate troll job from our mate Bronco Bill.

Junior

The players were in an early Amy Shark song called The Season but i couldn’t find it again on YouTube

I think we need a good rollicking singalong tune rather than a KTV experience.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

NRL 2020: Gold Coast Titans star Bryce Cartwright’s contract news
    Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    January 3, 2020 5:00pm

‘I wasn’t very good’: big money prop’s vow after shocker
    Titans forward Bryce Cartwright insists he won’t be leaving the Gold Coast and is ready to repay the club’s $2 million investment.

Cartwright has been linked with an early departure from the Titans following two mediocre seasons on the Gold Coast.

His efforts last season were an improvement on a forgettable 2018, but still below what’s expected of a highly-paid player.

Cartwright, 25, was signed from Penrith to a four-year contract by former coach Garth Brennan in 2018, playing 14 games in his first season and 22 last year.

His defensive efforts have regularly been criticised during a 105-game NRL career, but Cartwright showed improvements last season despite the Titans collecting the wooden spoon.

Preparing for his third season on the Gold Coast, Cartwright said he was not looking to exit the club and had more to prove.

“I’ve still got two more years here,” Cartwright said.

“I haven’t heard anything (about being shopped around). I’ve been training hard and looking forward to a big year.

“I wouldn’t want to leave because I feel I’d be walking away from something where I haven’t accomplished much yet. That would really hurt me if I was to walk away without doing anything and making people proud.

“That’s my biggest driving factor. I feel like I’ve let the club and fans down the last two years.

“I want to repay them and play some good footy and get people excited watching.”

Brennan took a punt on Cartwright, among other players, before being sacked in July last year as the Titans headed towards the wooden spoon.

New coach Justin Holbrook has refused to make any guarantees to the Titans’ playing squad and Cartwright knows he has to make an impact in 2020.

“It was upsetting (when Brennan was sacked), I’ve known him since I was a young kid,” Cartwright said.

New head coach Justin Holbrook joins the club without baggage – and Cartwright will have to impress to earn a spot in the 17. Picture: Adam Head
    New head coach Justin Holbrook joins the club without baggage – and Cartwright will have to impress to earn a spot in the 17. Picture: Adam Head
    “In saying that, Justin has come in and I get along really well with Justin.

“He knows what he’s doing. Everyone is applying themselves and training has been exciting. It’s been a good change.

“I want to be consistent and play my best footy. Whether that be attack or defence, I need to make sure I don’t let anyone down.

“Last year was a step forward compared to the year before but there are still a lot of areas I need to improve on.

“I need to be more consistent and add more to my game. I need to cut those errors and mistakes down and poor judgments on the field.”

Cartwright has his sights set on a big season, and securing a starting role. Picture: Getty
    Cartwright has his sights set on a big season, and securing a starting role. Picture: Getty
    The Titans return to pre-season training next week and have about six weeks to prepare before trials begin.

Cartwright has set his sights on securing the Titans’ right-edge back row berth, the spot occupied by Kiwi forward Kevin Proctor.

“That’s where I’ve played my best footy and where I feel most comfortable. I’ll give it a red hot crack and have a go there this year,” he said.

“That’s where Kevvie plays and he has been one of the best backrowers in the game for a long time.

“He’s one of the safest players in that defensive area. He’s helped me a lot since I’ve been here. He’s been on holidays so I’ve been getting a bit of time there. “

https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/...852436997?s=21

Inactive User

Holbrook has said every position is up for grabs and clearly Cartwright believes it. He’s eyeing off Proctor’s spot.
    I bloody love it!!!

How many more articles are we going to be subjected to where expensive players that lead us to a spoon get to say they haven't lived up to their contracts?

Every single one of them should be dropped to lower grades and have to fight back for their spot or die a slow football death playing intrust.

Peats, Boyd, Taylor and now Cartwright all admitting performance failure.

I think I was a harsher coach with under 12's than these guys are with "professional" athletes. If I had a player give up on the field they were benched the following week or dropped down a grade for continued lack of effort. Someone in the lower grade was promoted on their performance.

With you there JB. There is no substitute for youth and enthusiasm.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Training back on today ..... who's there and not there will give hints as to whats happening.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Training back on today ..... who's there and not there will give hints as to whats happening.....
    Did anyone get to see today?

82128420_2667283356682372_5747324321232060416_n.jpg

Geez maybe those articles about Boyd "training the house down" are true, big fella is looking fit. Do wonder if he is the one on the way out if Sunny's rumour is true, although I didn't see Latu in any pictures

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    82128420_2667283356682372_5747324321232060416_n.jpg

Geez maybe those articles about Boyd "training the house down" are true, big fella is looking fit. Do wonder if he is the one on the way out if Sunny's rumour is true, although I didn't see Latu in any pictures
    If only it was both. Feel a bit bad for boyd. He did appear to be running hard alot of the time, it's just he only had about 2 or 3 in him before he was a liability. If only he had a Payne Haas type motor...