Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 preseason

Inactive User

I think it’s close to a perfect result. The narrow loss shows all players on our list especially the young ones that there’s a fine line between training for a couple of hours a day, being on amazing $$$ for their age and having plenty of time to play fortnite AND having a carpentry apprenticeship and then training at night at Pizzey Park or Piggabeen.

This is a game we should have won.
    Our team comprises players good enough to secure an NRL contract. Burleigh Bears are players who for whatever reason , have not been able to secure an NRL contract.
    Perhaps we had some young players who were there for their potential, but that affords no excuse.
    Your "A" grade team should always beat your reserve grade team.

Rep Player

It's just a trial. Don't overthink it. The goal is not to win but to stress test combinations and get metres in the legs.

Any other youngsters stand out last night apart from Campbell?

Immortal

Thought Roby Sexton was solid and Tristian Powell trues hard and looks to have a lot of potential

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Any other youngsters stand out last night apart from Campbell?

Junior

Was at last night's game and it was a cracker of a crowd. Would love to see Titans play out of a smaller boutique stadium. It was a great atmosphere.

Great effort by both teams. A number of young up and coming players for both sides. With Burleigh playing majority of their Agrade and U20s players while Titans giving their development and train and trialists a run in the second half.

My picks for the night of players to stand out.
    Titans - Erin Clark, Tristan Powell, Jayden Campbell, Boyd (had some strong carries)
    Burleigh - Jamal Fogarty, Kurtis Rowe and Luke Page. Was hoping to see a little more of Shallin Fuller and Mikey Williams.

Was interested in how Darius Farmer went in the middle and if this is where they see him playing. He runs a great line on the edge.

Anyway just my 2 cents worth. Exicited to see how the youngster from Titans, Burleigh and Tweed go this year.

Inactive User

Were there any injury dramas in the All Stars tonight??

Immortal

Great analysis mate thankyou. Your knowledge of the junior players is second to none mate.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Was at last night's game and it was a cracker of a crowd. Would love to see Titans play out of a smaller boutique stadium. It was a great atmosphere.

Great effort by both teams. A number of young up and coming players for both sides. With Burleigh playing majority of their Agrade and U20s players while Titans giving their development and train and trialists a run in the second half.

My picks for the night of players to stand out.
    Titans - Erin Clark, Tristan Powell, Jayden Campbell, Boyd (had some strong carries)
    Burleigh - Jamal Fogarty, Kurtis Rowe and Luke Page. Was hoping to see a little more of Shallin Fuller and Mikey Williams.

Was interested in how Darius Farmer went in the middle and if this is where they see him playing. He runs a great line on the edge.

Anyway just my 2 cents worth. Exicited to see how the youngster from Titans, Burleigh and Tweed go this year.
    Last edited by mdrew; 22-02-20 at 09:18 PM.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Great analysis mate thankyou. Your knowledge of the junior players is second to none mate.
    Mate not as good as you.

But I do enjoy keeping tabs on all our teams whether it's Tweed, Burleigh or the Titans. When one succeeds we all succeed.

Inactive User

Tyrone Roberts hurt his Achilles. Did he not carry that into the game??
    If so FFS who’s the people that pay his wages?

Inactive User

Does anyone know anything about the extent of TRoberts Achilles injury?

NRL Physio tweeted this earlier today
    Tyrone Roberts suffered what was reported as an “aggravation” of an achilles injury last night. Good sign that this isn’t a rupture as very easy for medical staff to identify post-game, Roberts has dealt with an achilles issue since last season. Would be in some doubt for Round 1

Inactive User

Thanks hangingon

I think RD 1 will see Taylor and Peachey in the 7/6. One thing I do like is in the backs we have a genuine contest for every position. I think Sami has realised that and is playing more determined. I think that he sees Perason and GL and a genuine threat.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

TRoberts will be available for round 1