Page 94 of 217 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3242

Can’t read too much into the courier mails mail (heh) and we will have to wait for an actual announcement.

Media like to talk about the absolute theoretical maximum when contracts come up and we should always have contingencies in cap space too meet them but I wouldn’t be surprised if we offered Fifita 900k base and 300k incentives (games played, rep duties, finals made etc.)

1.2 seems high but we got tino on a medium coin deal relative to the cap. Ryan James will have to take a pay cut with his injuries which I think he will, peats 700k is done with and the rest of our forwards are resurrected players and fringe first graders on not much more than minimum wage. We could definitely make space there and still have more money left over imo.

I wouldn’t be surprised if wallace or Shannon Boyd found their way to super league soon either.... the game is moving past big boppers into a stage with cardio fitness and lateral movement a must in the forwards

Couple of thoughts. If this is true and this is how Mal is “enticing” quality signings to the club then his wage can go to the player as he’s useless to us.

If it’s not true then the Broncos are about to re-sign him and just want to stick a knife into us by bragging that he stayed at a “quality” club for so much less just to try and make us look like no one should come here.

Sounds like a manager driven piece to push his price up with Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Sounds like a manager driven piece to push his price up with Brisbane.
    Agree. Also I think that its also trying to get the Broncos to agree to all the conditions that he maybe asking for as well. Also the Broncos seem to have lost their lustre somewhat and maybe its making a few player look around. I think that Seibold has rubbed a few players up the wrong way which could end up our gain.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

I think Fifita is worth $1m/year

Junior

I think Fifi is worth 800, can go missing but can win a game. Grant is worth a mill and who we should be targeting. Any good NRL team has an elite hooker. He is the one we must get.

I think Grant is great but I doubt Storm will release him. In fact for newbies I thought Clark really went well and Boyd showed a fair bit too. Both raw but weren’t overawed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

I just think if we are going to spend huge money. Spend it on the key positions we need to fix. 6/7/9. I will obviously be very happy if we sign Fifi though I think the self-destruction at the broncos combined with our win can only help our case.

Rep Player

Paying $1m to Fifita isn't just about getting Fifita. It's about showing other players that we're legitimate and can attract big names. I also think he has leadership potential so am happy to pay a bit extra for that.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Paying $1m to Fifita isn't just about getting Fifita. It's about showing other players that we're legitimate and can attract big names. I also think he has leadership potential so am happy to pay a bit extra for that.
    It shows that the only way players come here is for overs.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    That’s just what the little guy has to do. It’s worth it if it’s for the right player.

I think that this is a fact of life for us until we get a quality team. To me, the main thing when paying overs is that you get players that you want, not ones that are cast offs where we still pay overs. That and a decent recruiting and development strategy. To sign blokes like Shannon Boyd was incredible and hopefully a thing of the past.

Paying overs hasn't worked for us since the club started so I'm not sure why paying $1 million for a bloke that has put a couple of good hits on (yes I'm exaggerating) and has now done his knee would be any different to our past failures. I wouldn't even have an offer on the table till after he recovers from his knee and plays out the season.

Paying overs for potential or paying a fair wage for players that want to play for the team and coach? I'd prefer to try something different personally and that means finding players that want to be here.

Paying overs hasn't worked for us since the club started so I'm not sure why paying $1 million for a bloke that has put a couple of good hits on (yes I'm exaggerating) and has now done his knee would be any different to our past failures. I wouldn't even have an offer on the table till after he recovers from his knee and plays out the season.

Paying overs for potential or paying a fair wage for players that want to play for the team and coach? I'd prefer to try something different personally and that means finding players that want to be here.
    Tino is on 3/4 of that and has only played a handful of first grade games. Does anyone know how much the Warriors were offering him? If it was less, then clearly he's in the same boat as only wanting to be here for the phat contract.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 08-06-20 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Tino is on 3/4 of that and has only played a handful of first grade games. Does anyone know how much the Warriors were offering him? If it was less, then clearly he's in the same boat as only wanting to be here for the phat contract.
    Apparently it was more.

Edit: 3 years 2 Mill with us compared to 4 years 2.7m with the Warriors
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 08-06-20 at 06:28 PM.