Page 93 of 217 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3242

I know this is a 2020 thread, but looking ahead I am wondering how our team might look. I think players like Peats, Roberts, Don and Copley are likely gone. Not sure about Proctor. Also be great if we could offload contracted players like Peachey, Cartwright and Shannon Boyd.

Doubtful we will get Fifita, but think a couple of mid-range signings may help. Players like Euan Aitken and Adam Elliott.

Maybe a team of

Brimson
    Sami
    Aitken
    Kelly
    Thompson
    Taylor
    Fogarty
    Fotuaiki
    T. Boyd
    James
    Elliott
    Fermor
    Hipgrave

Bench

Clark
    Lisone
    Faasuamaleaui
    Farmer

Not a star studded lineup, but a young, hungry team with no big contract plodders.

Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    I know this is a 2020 thread, but looking ahead I am wondering how our team might look. I think players like Peats, Roberts, Don and Copley are likely gone. Not sure about Proctor. Also be great if we could offload contracted players like Peachey, Cartwright and Shannon Boyd.

Doubtful we will get Fifita, but think a couple of mid-range signings may help. Players like Euan Aitken and Adam Elliott.

Maybe a team of

Brimson
    Sami
    Aitken
    Kelly
    Thompson
    Taylor
    Fogarty
    Fotuaiki
    T. Boyd
    James
    Elliott
    Fermor
    Hipgrave

Bench

Clark
    Lisone
    Faasuamaleaui
    Farmer

Not a star studded lineup, but a young, hungry team with no big contract plodders.

Thoughts??
    Brimson, Sami, Aitken and Thompson are all quite small players for nrl, would like to see some bigger backs especially for kick returns and returns from our red zone. I really think we need a Ken Mamalo, Manu Vatuvai (minus the high ball hands), Rapana who will bring the ball back with some intent. Pearson might be the perfect foil for one of the wing positions.

think Tino might have to start on the money he is on, especially because Farmer and Fermor won't have game time experience and not having qcup on currently will make them even more underdone. James potential option for starting 2nd row or lock depending on his recovery and contract. Don't mind Adam Elliot he could plug the Jai Arrow gap, but would prefer a forward who can ball play as well to create the link between hooker and halves, wouldn't mind John Asiata as a realistic option.

Could also put this post in the "your 17" thread. But glad to see some realistic signings and not complete pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Brimson, Sami, Aitken and Thompson are all quite small players for nrl, would like to see some bigger backs especially for kick returns and returns from our red zone. I really think we need a Ken Mamalo, Manu Vatuvai (minus the high ball hands), Rapana who will bring the ball back with some intent. Pearson might be the perfect foil for one of the wing positions.

think Tino might have to start on the money he is on, especially because Farmer and Fermor won't have game time experience and not having qcup on currently will make them even more underdone. James potential option for starting 2nd row or lock depending on his recovery and contract. Don't mind Adam Elliot he could plug the Jai Arrow gap, but would prefer a forward who can ball play as well to create the link between hooker and halves, wouldn't mind John Asiata as a realistic option.

Could also put this post in the "your 17" thread. But glad to see some realistic signings and not complete pipe dream.

Thanks for the response. Interesting points, however i am not sure Ryan James has the mobility to play on an edge. Would like to see him given the chance though to continue at the club after his tough last couple of years.

James in the middle for mine ... half’s are our biggest worry though
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Apparently we are chasing Matt Dufty

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I doubt it.. he apparently signed a 700,000 a year deal not that long ago.. are we going to pay that.. do we even have that atm?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    I doubt it.. he apparently signed a 700,000 a year deal not that long ago.. are we going to pay that.. do we even have that atm?
    It is being reported in at least 3 different articles that I have read including the SMH

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pre...06-p5504w.html

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Even though the Dragons seem to have stuffed up Dufty's career and confidence, I hope we chase Corey Thompson over him. I think Thompson is a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Even though the Dragons seem to have stuffed up Dufty's career and confidence, I hope we chase Corey Thompson over him. I think Thompson is a better player.
    Yeah I agree.

Dufty has regressed with the coaching he’s under much like Norman, Hunt, and any other talented footballer at the Dragons and is inadvertently a full-blown confidence player, but Thompson will do the same job if a team is winning or losing.

What if we end up with both?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah I agree.

Dufty has regressed with the coaching he’s under much like Norman, Hunt, and any other talented footballer at the Dragons and is inadvertently a full-blown confidence player, but Thompson will do the same job if a team is winning or losing.

What if we end up with both?
    Yeah I thought about both after I had posted and getting both would not be a bad thing. That link about the Dufty story said he was only 24 and Thompson is a bit older so I guess Dufty is better insurance. The bottom line for me is are they better than Sami, Kelly and Roberts (for starters)? My answer to that is yes, and better than these three are ever likely to be in the future. Even AJ seems to be a risk now with his back and most comments on here about him are based on potential rather than what he has done.
    In summary - yep grab both.

Dufty is interesting, if we can afford him.

A backline of -

Dufty
    Sami
    Copley
    Kelly
    Pearson
    Brimson
    Fogarty

Looks appealing to me. I think Brimson as a running half , rather than an organiser could be good. Then look to upgrade Copley at end of season.

Inactive User

AJ is a FB. No Duffy.

Dufty is garbage. A big fat no to him.

No thanks to Dufty. Happier with a low cost Thompson. Come next year he’ll be our Don.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...75240670404d2c

TEENAGE TEMPTATIONS

Would you take a $400,000 a season pay cut to stay with a team occasionally beaten by 50 points?

It is a provocative question and one making Broncos officials nervous as they wait for confirmation that teenage gun David Fifita will be staying with the club next season.

Fifita is believed to have been offered around $800,000 a season to stay with Brisbane but that is understood to be at least $400,000 short of the Titans offer in what Mal Meninga has called “a priority signing.’’

Fifi 1.2 mil??