Page 79 of 217 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3242
    Inactive User

Club just put out a statement saying Cartwright and Kelly are stood down.
    Blow after Blow, drama after drama.

The NSW/ACT/Vic Govt are comfortable with the NRL policy and won’t be forcing players to get the Flu Shot.

Only QLD is doing this.......so it’s now all about us. We will be the only one penalised.

Brimson back and this bloody drama. Jesus.
    By the way Kelly is apparently not getting it as a protest in support of Cartwright.

We should be getting ready to play footy but nooooooo we have to have this BS.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 08-05-20 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

The NSW/ACT/Vic Govt are comfortable with the NRL policy and won’t be forcing players to get the Flu Shot.

Only QLD is doing this.......so it’s now all about us. We will be the only one penalised.

By the way Kelly is apparently not getting it as a protest in support of Cartwright.

Bods this won't make a difference to our season so who cares. At least we aren't wasting money on their wages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I mean I’d be stoked with Brandon, but we’ll probably end up with Will.
    hahahaha

Frankly, after what the NRL has been too to get to this stage I just think, eff you Cartwright and Kelly and let's move on. After the comments I heard from the NSW Premier today, there is no way that the Canberra and few other blokes in NSW will be playing. These cowboys will not be hijacking the start of the comp.
    If the you think the NRL has a problem, today the AFL head body said that they would not force players to have flu jabs. If that's the case they will not be playing for months. I'm proud that the NRL has led world sport in getting (hopefully) the game going again. A few peanuts will not stop the massive progress made so far.

Inactive User

^^^^ that’s interesting as I Read an article earlier saying that NSW/ACT/Vic are comfortable with the policy of the NRL.
    I just saw the NSW Premier’s comments though and yes I agree it looks like she will be insisting all NSW Clubs players get it too.

What a mess

^^^^ that’s interesting as I Read an article earlier saying that NSW/ACT/Vic are comfortable with the policy of the NRL.
    I just saw the NSW Premier’s comments though and yes I agree it looks like she will be insisting all NSW Clubs players get it too.

What a mess

It is what MUST happen there is no way anti vaxxers should be tolerated, they are crackpots that spread dangerous nonsense. Ban them no is or buts - the NRL are causing any mess with their usual weak ass nonsense - they should be enforcing no jab no play themselves leaving it to the Government's is just another cope out from the piss management at the NRL level.

First Grader

Sorry I was not more precise. Yes Cameron Smith

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by MJF View Post
    It is what MUST happen there is no way anti vaxxers should be tolerated, they are crackpots that spread dangerous nonsense. Ban them no is or buts - the NRL are causing any mess with their usual weak ass nonsense - they should be enforcing no jab no play themselves leaving it to the Government's is just another cope out from the piss management at the NRL level.
    The AFL are not enforcing FLU shots they announced last night.
    I’m all for vaccinations to the kids and following exactly what the health dept sets out for children but I must say I’m struggling to equate the jabs we give our kids for diphtheria, whooping cough and smallpox to this FLU shot issue with the NRL return.

Cartwright and Kelly nonetheless should just get the shot though and let us all move on. I mean for god sake it is only a flu shot.

The AFL are not enforcing FLU shots they announced last night.
    I’m all for vaccinations to the kids and following exactly what the health dept sets out for children but I must say I’m struggling to equate the jabs we give our kids for diphtheria, whooping cough and smallpox to this FLU shot issue with the NRL return.

Cartwright and Kelly nonetheless should just get the shot though and let us all move on. I mean for god sake it is only a flu shot.
    I agree Bods. Interesting that Kent in his article today said that Dylan Walker nearly died from a prescription drug overdose at a party, yet will not have a flu shot. Amazing really, but we could go on about it all day.
    I'd rather the NRL just stick to the original commitment - no jab, no play - and we can all move on.
    The AFL may have trouble playing in some states if they keep not enforcing the flu jab, but they are well behind the NRL in restarting. The NRL are leading the way with all of this early return and other sports are learning off them as they lead the way. They should really be paying the NRL for the work they have done for them in setting the procedures up, as they will just copy it.

So really the flu shot is because if they show symptoms it's going to throw a spanner in the works. Having players vaccinated for the major flu strains will cut down on this.

I noticed WA seem to be played hardball with the AFL. But then again so was the QLD government with us.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Potentially we have lost for the season
    James
    Watkins
    Brimson
    Cartwright
    Kelly

Rep Player

Potentially we have lost for the season
    James
    Watkins
    Brimson
    Cartwright
    Kelly
    Jesus, that's grim when you put it that way...

Watching how they played in the first two games, I reckon Carty was actually a big part of Holbrook's game plan for this year. I know a lot of us were excited to see how he would go on the right paired with Taylor, so it will be a shame to not see the combination given more than 2 games to click.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Jesus, that's grim when you put it that way...

Watching how they played in the first two games, I reckon Carty was actually a big part of Holbrook's game plan for this year. I know a lot of us were excited to see how he would go on the right paired with Taylor, so it will be a shame to not see the combination given more than 2 games to click.
    That right hand side combination of Taylor/Cartwright/Watkins/Don was potentially incredibly exciting in terms of attack.
    Defensive wise a bit scary but attacking wise it could have been lethal.

Rep Player

That right hand side combination of Taylor/Cartwright/Watkins/Don was potentially incredibly exciting in terms of attack.
    Defensive wise a bit scary but attacking wise it could have been lethal.
    Now let’s get excited for Taylor/Farmer/Spry/Don

Here’s hoping Farmer knows how to defend...

Now Mini has joined in. Seems like we are all the focus.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...efa19562781e83
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Now Mini has joined in. Seems like we are all the focus.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...efa19562781e83
    At this point in time the NSW/Vic/ACT Govts are not enforcing it
    The AFL is not enforcing it

Subsequently it’s all about Bryce/Mrs Bryce/BK and the Titans/QLD Govt.

Other clubs are getting ready to play footy
    We on the other hand have probably 5 starting 13 players out for the year and drama drama drama

Give us the spoon now

friggin Cartwright
    I hate his inflated contract
    I hate that whole abortion bloody distasteful episode where the woman took her own life before he came here
    I hate how he took a dump on our jumper by refusing to tackle players twice
    I hate how his Mrs uses us for a platform to promote anti-vaxx
    Now this flu shot thing that’s derailed our 2nd pre-season and taken out BK too in sympathy

What an awful signing
    Be nice if his extended family and Mal could get in his ear

FFS take one for the team Bryce!!! Close your eyes and think of Darryl/Bec and get the jab.