Page 77 of 217 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I think the worrying thing for Young (I'm not going to be the first to have a crack at his surname) and everyone on the fringes is that there is no QCup or anything to give these guys a run. There'll be plenty of guys coming in the first grade cold. There was an article in the Tele Monday about setting up some games for guys on the edge. Four sides and the Tele had put names in them - looked good and they'd be good games to watch I reckon.
    That's true. Anyone that gets blooded this year will be all the better for it next year. Talk about jumping in the deep end!

You'll have to be fit, tough as teak and committed to making an impression. And do you know what? That's exactly what I want from our young blokes!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    That's true. Anyone that gets blooded this year will be all the better for it next year. Talk about jumping in the deep end!

You'll have to be fit, tough as teak and committed to making an impression. And do you know what? That's exactly what I want from our young blokes!
    Correct, my point was also that someone like Young Alphabet who hasn't played NRL for two years usually has an opportunity to play a couple of games before having to play NRL. At the start of the year it is the trials and at other times it's QCup. I'm not sure that regardless how Young goes at training he can be put in an NRL game without having been in one for two years and with no other opportunity to get match fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Correct, my point was also that someone like Young Alphabet who hasn't played NRL for two years usually has an opportunity to play a couple of games before having to play NRL. At the start of the year it is the trials and at other times it's QCup. I'm not sure that regardless how Young goes at training he can be put in an NRL game without having been in one for two years and with no other opportunity to get match fit.
    Yeah that's right. I got it. My original comment on Hoppa was that he had the opportunity to get some quality footy under his belt when he returned from his mission...but he was still struggling for a fair while to get back up to NRL level.

It's a different set of circumstances now for YT, as we all know and understand. If there is any silver lining...it will be that a young blokes character will be on show now. If the coach calls you up, he must have faith that you have the right mindset, as well as fitness. The rest will be a school of real hard knocks.

Could be a good chance for the coach to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to attitude and determination.

(He needs to do that at the NRL level too)

Inactive User

Get ready for Cartwright to become a big story again....
    He will be the face of anyone that won’t or can’t get a flu shot.

Drongoe stooge Chris Garry is working on it right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

Can't say I blame the media this time Bods. Rules are rules and if he can't follow them due to beliefs or otherwise, then he can't play. Simple as that. Several different workforces such as nurses, childcare workers etc require the flu shot to work so the NRL during a international health crisis shouldn't be any different.

No jab no play. Stand him down like the other half of Australia. We just signed a Mormon, should he be allowed to say he can't play Sundays after he signs a contract?

With any luck it ends with Cartwright leaving league.

Inactive User

My point I was trying to make which maybe I didn’t enunciate well enough was that Cartwright is not the only player that cant or won’t have a FLU shot but Garry and others are going to make it all about Cartwright.

I agree with everything else people have said.
    I said in a previous post that if he won’t get a jab I’d like to see him released from his contract with no payout.

Yeah it’s bigger thing than just Cartwright. He’s the easiest one to write about though because it’s trendy to bag him out, hence why he’s the posterboy for the issue.

There’s a lot of players in the NRL who are rejecting the flu shot, from multiple teams. Going to be interesting to see the stance taken.

How good is it seeing the boys back at training though? A refreshing dose of normality.

Then the NRL will have to assess the risk if X amount of players refuse the shot for their own safety and the safety of those around them. I know if this was the case for a normal company it would be simple, comply, welcome back to work, don't comply, there is a stand down provision in the award. Good luck in the centrelink line. Need to do what is best for the majority and not pander to the minority.

When do we get a new draw? anyone know?

Inactive User

I’m so annoyed with Cartwright and his wife.
    Once again his Mrs has brought unwanted publicity on the club by hitting the media.

And if stupid Bryce had of used a couple of his brain cells which are probably in short supply and said he’d had adverse reactions in the past or claimed religious reasons then he’d probably get away with it but no he and his Mrs have to make sure that they stick their necks out and put the focus on them and us.

Livid. Thanks Garth. Thanks Graeme.

Thanks Graeme.
    What tf does he have to do with it? I'm sick of you giving it to the man that saved this club over things that he has nothing to do with.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    What tf does he have to do with it? I'm sick of you giving it to the man that saved this club over things that he has nothing to do with.
    He signed off on taking over his awful contract off Penrith and all the other Garth hangover contracts. Our salary cap mess goes back to when he was the CEO.
    In terms of being “sick” of me. It’s a forum. Take the good with the bad.

Rep Player

I’m so annoyed with Cartwright and his wife.
    Once again his Mrs has brought unwanted publicity on the club by hitting the media.

And if stupid Bryce had of used a couple of his brain cells which are probably in short supply and said he’d had adverse reactions in the past or claimed religious reasons then he’d probably get away with it but no he and his Mrs have to make sure that they stick their necks out and put the focus on them and us.

Livid. Thanks Garth. Thanks Graeme.
    If you’re going to slag the man off, at least show him the respect of spelling his name correctly.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    If you’re going to slag the man off, at least show him the respect of spelling his name correctly.
    Ha ha oh golly I’ve been spelling it Graeme the whole time. For years.
    I’ll cop that.
    Ok “Thanks Graham”

Rep Player

Ha ha oh golly I’ve been spelling it Graeme the whole time. For years.
    I’ll cop that.
    Ok “Thanks Graham”
    I place the blame for all the dud Penrith signings on Garth. At the end of the day, the head coach is employed to manage the football side of the business. The CEO isn’t necessarily a football expert and I recall us previously criticising the board for overruling Neil Henry on the Hayne signing. We need to pick one — either we let the board overrule the coach on player signings or not.