Page 74 of 217 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3242
    Immortal

I really like Ioane Seuili as a player as well but for me his move to the second row is almost certainly permanent.

Tremain Spry was outstanding in the first half of last season in the Queensland Cup but he played with multiple niggles in the second half so his form was a but inconsistent. In the 9's however he showed he can break a tackle or two.

Junior

Hey mate, can you please copy and paste the article for us who don’t subscribe please?

Inactive User

His name is Tesi Niu

Junior

TITANS LAUNCH RAID FOR BUDDING BRONCOS STAR....it is a post in the courier mail...
    Last edited by timor 2; 22-04-20 at 07:09 PM.

The Titans have launched a poaching raid on Brisbane's best fullback prospect since Karmichael Hunt after Gold Coast culture chief Mal Meninga offered Broncos sensation Tesi Niu an immediate shot at the NRL.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Titans have ramped up their pursuit of Niu by meeting with the Tongan international to outline coach Justin Holbrook's Gold Coast vision.

Niu, 18, is rated so highly by Broncos powerbrokers that they believe he could stand alongside Darren Lockyer, Darius Boyd and Karmichael Hunt as one of Brisbane's top fullbacks.

While he played a Test match for Tonga last year, Niu is yet to make his NRL debut and is currently one of Brisbane's six development list players.

The Broncos were planning to upgrade him to their top 30 roster following the release of Izaia Perese, but all contract moves have been put on hold by the NRL amid the coronavirus shutdown.

MORE IN SPORT
    MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 06: Patrick Dangerfield of the Cats in action during the 2019 AFL round 16 match between the Western Bulldogs and the Geelong Cats at Marvel Stadium on July 06, 2019 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
    Footy in June? AFL to seek player feedback on hubs
    Footy in June? AFL to seek player feedback on hubs
    Cox Plate Race Day at Moonee Valley. 26/10/2019. David Hayes and son Ben Hayes. . Pic: Micheal Klein
    Horror road crash claims four prized horses
    Horror road crash claims four prized horses

Relive classic NRL matches from the 60s to today on KAYO SPORTS. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Niu is one of the best up and coming players in the game. AAP Image/Albert Perez.
    Niu is one of the best up and coming players in the game. AAP Image/Albert Perez.
    If Niu, who is off-contract at season's end, is upgraded to Brisbane's top roster, he could feature in the NRL this year.

But Meninga said the Titans could fast-track Niu's elevation to the top grade and build their team around him.

“Who wouldn’t be?" said Meninga when asked about the Titans' interest in Niu.

“We feel a player of Tesi’s ability would be fantastic for the club and he is someone we can build the club around.

“He’s fantastic, I’ve kept a close eye on him over the past few years through the Queensland juniors.

“He made his debut for Tonga last year at fullback and was very impressive against the English.

“He’s certainly a player of the future. He played for my old club Souths and had a terrific year last year.

Niu made his Test debut for Tonga last year.
    Niu made his Test debut for Tonga last year.
    “He’s certainly a talent that could come into our club and play first grade straight away."

The Broncos are sizing up Niu as a long-term fullback but he could slot into multiple backline positions with his speed and talent.

The Titans are hoping the acquisition of Storm young gun Tino Fa'asuamaleaui will help them in their pursuit of Niu given the teenagers have a relationship.
    The Gold Coast has lodged interest in Broncos dynamo David Fifita and Meninga said the Titans were looking to recruit players from the southern Brisbane region and strengthen their Gold Coast ties.

“There’s a lot of good young kids out of Logan," he said.

“Some have come out of the Gold Coast too. (Broncos winger) Xavier Coates is an example.

“We’re determined to not let that happen again
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

If his a gun full back in the making, where would they play him if they give him an NRL spot.. on the wing cos surely AJ has full back down pat.. anyone know how his back is going?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    If his a gun full back in the making, where would they play him if they give him an NRL spot.. on the wing cos surely AJ has full back down pat.. anyone know how his back is going?
    He is a gun Centre too is Niu

Immortal

Tesi Niu can also play centre and played there on a number of occasions as an 18 year old in the Queensland Cup in 2019 for Souths Logan but I agree I think that hsi best position ultimately fullback.

PS Aj's back is fine and causing no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post

Seems like a superstar in the making from what we have seen from him but like it has been said on here, I don’t see where he fits with Brimson. If he can play centre great but he’s predominantly a fullback and we already have young guys like GL, Pere and Spry waiting in the wings.

Surely it would be smarter to save our cash and go for some depth in the forwards (in the form of Fifita preferably)

Ah ok, don’t know much about him.. I think we focus on some gun forward power.. moe is our only real one that makes big meters without giving a **** load of penalties or dropped ball away (aka Wallace) and Brian kelly is our only centre who can break a tackle.. no one else in the regular side does it.. not sure how our untried players would go with some game time but would be good to see

I'm all for bring a young back into the squad reading previous articles he has some size, speed power and a step. I would prefer an nrl experienced player with some size for strong kick returns and getting us out of the red zone, Jordan Rapana fits this mould and has deep ties to the coast.

The only players I am currently backing for backline positions are AJ and Brian Kelly.

Philip Sami I am still unsure about, he can get lazy and doesn't break the line. Jonus Pearson haven't seen much of him. Copley and Don are consistent but arent game breakers and don't dent the line. Tyrone Peachey is a mixed bag of genius and stupid. The rest of the backs are really unproven.

All in all think we still need a hard running winger, another second rower, wishful thinking but we really need an enforcer in the team to give the younger guys some confidence in the trenches I really hope that Hipgrave ends up being this man

Nrl physio reports rating via wackos whispers that AJ is unlikely to be fit for a resumption in May.

Could be why we are chasing the Bronco kid. Wonder if Mal aims even lower if he will deliver anyone.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Nrl physio reports rating via wackos whispers that AJ is unlikely to be fit for a resumption in May.

Could be why we are chasing the Bronco kid. Wonder if Mal aims even lower if he will deliver anyone.
    That directly contradicts what mdrew said above.

Who do I believe!?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    That directly contradicts what mdrew said above.

Who do I believe!?
    I think we will know when training resumes. Fractured back might feel good while you’re in down time but when you start contact again it may be an issue.