Page 69 of 217 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3242

Just when the world can't get any worse. This happens ^^^^^^^^^

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Just when the world can't get any worse. This happens ^^^^^^^^^
    Eh, not really. It says what Bryce wants, not what the club wants.

Good on ya Carty. Hope he can put in a good season. Can’t help by respect a player who works hard, is honest with his ability and wants to do their best for the club.

Fifita and Tesi would be massive and make a huge statement. I’m still not convinced we’re a genuine contender but hope I’m proven wrong.

Tessi is a fullback isn't he? Don't wanna get my hopes up with Fifita haha especially when it's the broncos with their dodgy money and when they've got Boyd retiring that should give them enough money plus some third party deals

First Grader

Hopefully the Titans are still interested in Ese ESE

Immortal

Tesi can play either fullback or centre but in the Queensland Cup last season was more effective at fullback, but he is very young still.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Tessi is a fullback isn't he? Don't wanna get my hopes up with Fifita haha especially when it's the broncos with their dodgy money and when they've got Boyd retiring that should give them enough money plus some third party deals

Frizell off to Knights and Dragons looking to secure "other quality players." Hopefully they see Proctor that way

I wonder if the season kicks off again if Ryan James will make it back on the paddock.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I wonder if the season kicks off again if Ryan James will make it back on the paddock.
    God I miss that man. We desperately need some on-field leadership.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Just watched the Titans debut game. Makes me wish we could sign Prince, Bailey, Campbell and Matty Rodgers again. They were the heart and soul of our team. Every play had one of them in it and they were always trying.
    Last edited by Detwelve12; 30-03-20 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    put me on ignore then if you don't like it

I remember all the hype on here when we signed Garth Brennan. I'm seeing the same thing from the same people on here right now after signing Holbrook. Given our current crop of players, there's not much to be excited about, imho.

We have to wait for the likes of Boyd's, Cartwright's and Peachey's contracts to be up (a few years yet, if we survive that long) until I can start to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Even Proctor, who I believe we've been on record saying we want to re-sign. What a ****ing joke that is.
    Don't follow us(the titans) or just accept it is what it is. Got enough negative crap going on without your diatribe of hate. Did you think we were going to make the finals or something? Holbrook is 2 games in. Let's give him a chance.

Rep Player

DT saying we're favourites for Fifita.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...f1ff9bdea9b9ae

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    DT saying we're favourites for Fifita.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...f1ff9bdea9b9ae
    Can you please copy and paste what it says mate? Don’t have a subscription.. cheers

Monday Bunker: Crisis could deliver superstar to NRL strugglers
    The Daily Telegraph
    March 30, 2020 2:19pm
    Subscriber only

The coronavirus crisis could have a silver lining for a battling NRL club: the most sought-after signature in rugby league.

While contract talks have been put on hold amid the NRL shutdown, the Gold Coast Titans are firming as a serious contender to snare rising Broncos superstar David Fifita next season.

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield recently reported that Justin Holbrook’s side had emerged as favourites to sign the off-contract forward.

And with the NRL scrambling to find funding to keep the competition afloat in 2020, the current climate could play into Gold Coast’s hands.

Clubs are bracing for a reduced salary cap in 2021, which could further damage Brisbane’s chances of retaining Fifita on their roster.

“If anything it probably increases the Titans’ chances of getting David Fifita,” Rothfield said on The Monday Bunker.

“You look at the Broncos roster — they’ve already re-signed Matt Lodge, Payne Haas and Tevita Pangai Junior.

“They’ve got Anthony Milford and Jack Bird, who have got options their way. They’re on $1.8 million between them (and) they won’t get that money elsewhere — they’ll take up those options.

“They’ve also got to keep Kotoni Staggs who is free to negotiate with other clubs from November onwards.

So the Broncos are in a bit of trouble there to find room.

“There’s no question at all the salary cap next year will be decreased so it’ll be interesting to see how that one plays out.”