Page 31 of 217 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 3242
  1. #451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I've seen so many juniors have their tyres pumped up on here, then to see very average players turn out when they get a chance at nrl level. I've always had the view that if juniors are good enough then they'll make it regardless of who we buy. How many young forwards have been given a chance in the last couple of seasons and we haven't had any great prospects stand out. I certainly think junior development is a high priority but we must recruit externally as well. Juniors who develop can and be poached by other clubs just as much as any other player so thinking they'll stay regardless is misplaced thinking. That's not to say we should just buy any discard on the market.
    The secret seems to be ensuring that imports we buy don't go backwards when they get here.
    Agree, and I must say that it’s not an all or nothing situation. We can and should promote juniors, but not too many all at once. I believe there’s an idiom about eggs and baskets or something like that...

  2. #452
    Moderator Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Why Ryan James could be Titans secret weapon in landing Latrell
    Nic Darveniza, Gold Coast Bulletin
    December 13, 2019 10:34am
    Subscriber only
    The bond between Indigenous All-Stars teammates Ryan James and Latrell Mitchell could prove the key to delivering the New South Wales ace to the Gold Coast Titans in 2020.

    Titans skipper Ryan James has spent a week in close proximity to the Roosters star at a cultural camp ahead of the All-Stars clash with the New Zealand Maori All Stars at CBUS Super Stadium in February.


    James said attendees spent the retreat giving back to country and connecting with ancestral ways of life, but he couldn’t resist the chance to sell Mitchell on life at the Titans.


    “I think everyone was trying to get in his ear,” James said.

    “It would be great to have him, he’s one of those once-in-a-lifetime players.

    “He is his own player but he does remind you of Greg Inglis.

    Ryan James has advocated for the Titans with Latrell Mitchell. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)
    “He’s a goalkicker too and they’re invaluable because he guarantees you two points after a try.

    “Those players that can score the tries and (convert) them, especially coming off last year when he had 200 or something points … it’s amazing what he can do.

    “If he was to come up here it would be pretty great.”

    Time will tell if James’ salesmanship will deliver the signature of the hottest backline prospect on the market.

    JOIN THE CONVERSATION AT THE BULLETIN FACEBOOK SPORTS FORUM

    The front rower said Mitchell had dropped no hints on his final decision, only that he would join the club that best provides for him and his family.

    If that means the club with the deepest coffers, the Titans are behind the eight-ball with the cashed-up Wests Tigers armed with the largest war chest for 2020.

    If Mitchell judges the chance to play alongside fellow indigenous stars James, Tyrone Peachey, Tyrone Roberts, Nathan Peats and Leilani Latu to be worth more than the Tigers money, the Titans will land their biggest ever signing.

    “Coming out of the camp last week he told us how much this game meant to him and what it is to represent your people,” he said.

    “Just what it means to him and his family being indigenous.

    “He’s one of the brightest stars in our game and whatever decision he chooses will be the best for him and his family.”


    https://twitter.com/rhys_oneill_/sta...580484608?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  3. #453
    Coach Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broady
    Posts
    3,703

    Default

    If he turned his back on bigger money at Wests and/or other clubs to play for us then I would get around him and encourage everyone else to do the same.

  4. #454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    If he turned his back on bigger money at Wests and/or other clubs to play for us then I would get around him and encourage everyone else to do the same.
    I would

    He won’t

  5. #455
    First Grader ozynorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    The longer his saga drags on the lower his price will be. Not a single club in the league is offering a cent for him right now, including the club he has been at since he was 15 years old, has to say something...

  6. #456
    Junior psmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mt Gravatt East
    Posts
    391

    Default

    I am assuming that this is the last week of training before the Christmas break. I would think that Arrow would like to have it all sorted by the end of the week otherwise it will drag on into the new year. Here is hoping for a result this week. I guess that him taking so long is his manager and him negotiating and nailing down the finer points of his contract with Souths. I expect him to go but hope it isn't so.
    Psmitty

  7. #457
    Moderator Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I am assuming that this is the last week of training before the Christmas break. I would think that Arrow would like to have it all sorted by the end of the week otherwise it will drag on into the new year. Here is hoping for a result this week. I guess that him taking so long is his manager and him negotiating and nailing down the finer points of his contract with Souths. I expect him to go but hope it isn't so.
    Thought he was to tell Titans over the weekend or today.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  8. #458

    Default

    Really hope we get an answer soon.

  9. #459
    Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ipswich
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I think Jai is gone. My reason for this is I think he would have been at the major sponsorship signing today...

  10. #460

    Default

    Leeds Rhinos are still interested in Shannon BOYD. Opens up a bit of cash if it happens.

  11. #461
    Moderator lonegull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Back O Bourke NSW
    Posts
    2,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Leeds Rhinos are still interested in Shannon BOYD. Opens up a bit of cash if it happens.
    Hopefully this happens we can only wish

  12. #462
    Moderator JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Leeds Rhinos are still interested in Shannon BOYD. Opens up a bit of cash if it happens.
    This would be the best signing news of the decade. Where are you hearing this?

    Rabbitohs chasing Lattrell (allegedly) gives me a glimmer of hope that they might have money to spend because they aren't as confident of landing Arrow.

  13. #463
    Junior Dobes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    This would be the best signing news of the decade. Where are you hearing this?

    Rabbitohs chasing Lattrell (allegedly) gives me a glimmer of hope that they might have money to spend because they aren't as confident of landing Arrow.
    Here JB: https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...-hospitalised/

    Leeds linked with Boyd


    Leeds Rhinos continue to be strongly linked with Gold Coast Titans’ giant forward Shannon Boyd, report League Weekly.

    The 27-year-old, who has two years of his Titans contract to run, could very well be heading to Super League, according to League Weekly. The Rhinos want to make two major signings before the 2020 campaign gets underway.

  14. #464
    Moderator Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Also just reported that Walker has stayed with Souths.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  15. #465
    Rep Player gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Here JB: https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...-hospitalised/

    Leeds linked with Boyd


    Leeds Rhinos continue to be strongly linked with Gold Coast Titans’ giant forward Shannon Boyd, report League Weekly.

    The 27-year-old, who has two years of his Titans contract to run, could very well be heading to Super League, according to League Weekly. The Rhinos want to make two major signings before the 2020 campaign gets underway.
    please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew