Page 23 of 217 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Interesting, the Mole saying that Arrow to South's is a done deal, apparently.
    Could still very well be the case but Moley more often then not is just repeating hearsay. I absolutely cannot stand the bloke.

Typical Mole
    Posts 5 rumours.
    4 are wrong. "well it was right at the time, was a done deal, obviously things changed, it still might happen"
    1 is right . "KABBBOOOOOOOOOOMMMM goes moley. Never doubt me."

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Interesting, the Mole saying that Arrow to South's is a done deal, apparently.
    The most sought-after forward in the game, Jai Arrow, is a done deal at Souths - the only question is when.

My sources tell me that Titans forward Arrow has agreed to terms and is the man Souths have designated to replace Sam Burgess.

The Rabbitohs are hoping to sort out the issue of whether Burgess' injury goes under the category of medical retirement, in which case his wage would not go into the salary cap.

That would allow Arrow to join the club next season - but Souths may have to wait until January for the NRL and their medical team to give a ruling on the injury.

The Rabbitohs have offered Arrow around $800,000 per season for four years - money the Titans cannot match.

Arrow's partner, former Miss World Australia Taylah Cannon, is also believed to be keen to move to Sydney for greater work opportunities.

LATRELL'S TEAMMATES GIVE REVEALING INSIGHT

Latrell Mitchell's woes continue, with Kangaroo teammates painting a picture of a troubled young man disillusioned with the game.

Even before Mitchell's future was the subject of constant speculation and the star centre suffering several setbacks as clubs turn their back on him, Mitchell was rattled and distressed during the Australian team's end-of-season games.

Several of Mitchell's Kangaroo teammates have told me he was constantly complaining about the length of the season and the intensity of always being under pressure, just wanting the season to end.

The long year clearly got to the talented centre, and hopefully he can resolve his future quickly and set his mind at ease and get a well deserved break from the unwanted limelight.

Are we going to believe the words of our own player, or a guy who said that Latrell would be announced at Tigers last Tuesday

Didn’t the titans offer him 750k a year for 4 years? If so then we did make a better offer when you account the costs of living in Sydney to here.. and after tax it’s not much.. I don’t know if I believe all this crap.. especially after him repeatedly stating he loves the club and would love to stay here.. if he leaves after that his going to look silly and won’t believe anything that comes out of him.. and if he agrees I hope he leaves straight up so we can free up cash for someone who wants to be here

Inactive User

Either Jai is a great bloke who loves his town, mates and community OR he’s a really dishonest guy who has no problems telling lies to people that care about him and looks up to him to the point of it being sociopathic.

Surely he’s in the former category.

Listen to the pod cast. He is saying that his manager is yet to present any options to him at this stage. He expected a call from him last week but didn't get one. As usual the player gets plausible deniability. He does say in the pod cast that he is here next year so....

First Grader

Wayne Bennett has compared Jai Arrow to Rabbitohs legend Sam Burgess as South Sydney ramped up its bid to lure the Queensland Origin star to Redfern.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Rabbitohs hierarchy will meet with Arrow’s manager David Riolo on Wednesday to discuss a mammoth $4 million bid to bring the Gold Coast Titans forward to South Sydney.

Rabbitohs boss Shane Richardson has already met with Arrow and South Sydney is preparing a formal offer to snare the Maroons gun’s signature on a long-term contract from 2021.

The Titans insist they are doing as much as they can to keep Arrow on the Gold Coast in the wake of South Sydney’s huge proposal, but culture boss Mal Meninga has warned they will not pay overs to retain players.

Speaking for the first time about his bid for Arrow, Rabbitohs coach Bennett confirmed he wanted to reunite with the former Bronco at South Sydney.

“We would like to have Jai at South Sydney,” Bennett said.

“I haven’t spoken to Jai personally, Shane Richardson is handling it all. Richo is meeting with his manager in the next 24 to 48 hours. He has already met with Jai and that’s our position.

“We’ll have a conversation over the next 24 hours and hopefully Jai’s manager is happy with our offer.

“Me and Jai work great together. He knows if he comes to South Sydney I will want him here. It’s a great club with a lot of tradition and Jai would fit in well here.

“I let Jai go at the Broncos. I was honest with him. I told him he was ready for first grade and he was stuck behind a few blokes and he deserved to get an opportunity somewhere else. I have been proven right on that.

“You can’t hold young men back. If they can’t get an opportunity at your club you need to give them a chance because it is about their careers. At the Broncos I had plenty of forwards and Jai wasn’t guaranteed to be picked every week.”

Arrow, 24, debuted at the Broncos under Bennett in 2016 and played 24 NRL games in two seasons before heading to the Titans.

He has made 38 appearances for the Titans over the past two years and developed into a Queensland Origin mainstay, but the Gold Coast now faces a fight to retain the local product.

The Titans have discussed a three-year extension with Arrow, but South Sydney’s proposal is more lucrative and would see him join a successful club from the reigning wooden spooners.

The Rabbitohs are expecting to have cash to splash following the injury-forced retirement of Burgess and Bennett said Arrow was the ideal player to replace the English star.

“We need to sign a forward,” Bennett said.

“We’ve lost the best forward in the game in Sam Burgess so we’re not going to buy a halfback or a centre, we need a forward and Jai Arrow is the ideal type of guy to replace Sam.

“Every player is unique but there are similarities between Sam and Jai. Sam is a bigger body than Jai but Jai is a competitor and he gives all of himself. His teammates would love playing with him.

“I love what he gives every week. He is not the biggest player in the game but one of the most effective players in the game. He has learned how to use his body properly in a game that is dominated by big men.

“He is a lot like Cameron Murray, smaller guys who are effective and love playing the game so they can adjust and maximise what they have got.”

1M for Arrow?

Let him walk.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    1M for Arrow?

Let him walk.
    It may be $4million over 5 years which is $800k a year.
    If so then with cost of living and taxation etc an offer by us of $750k a year would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    1M for Arrow?

Let him walk.
    Sad to admit it, but I tend agree. Primarily because it's big money to shell out for a player to sit on the sidelines with a injury. I don't doubt Jai's ability, it's the down time while injured is the grey area that's concerning.

Already had a million dollar man sidelined for most part of the year in 2019. Maybe a case of once bitten, twice shy (with me).

Inactive User

The article says $4mill sure but doesn’t say how many seasons

I find that these stories are the start of the end for players. They tell everyone and sundry they want to stay, then the article comes out that they are getting better deals so everyone "understands" why they left. If he is offered a million a year for 4 years and being offered $800K for 3 years here he would be mad to stay. Even if the offers are on par, cost of living is greater but chances of a premiership are greater down there.

He's going, just doesn't want to look like the bad guy so his manager is feeding the media a story so he maintains his image.

Now we have cash to chase the pommie forwards people are so excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Typical Mole
    Posts 5 rumours.
    4 are wrong. "well it was right at the time, was a done deal, obviously things changed, it still might happen"
    1 is right . "KABBBOOOOOOOOOOMMMM goes moley. Never doubt me."
    That is so accurate.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

To be fair to Arrow, doing the work of 3 players may have contributed to his injuries

Souths coach Wayne Bennett confirms 'offer' looming for Jai Arrow
    By AAP/WWOS
    an hour ago

Gold Coast Titans forward Jai Arrow is set to be lured to NRL rivals South Sydney by a whopping $4 million deal, according to reports.

On Tuesday, The Mole reported that Arrow had agreed to terms and is the man Souths have designated to replace Sam Burgess.

However Arrow's manager David Riolo strongly denied a deal had been done.

"Jai has not signed or agreed to anything and is still talking to several clubs, including the Titans," he told Wide World of Sports.

On Wednesday though, Wayne Bennett spoke to News Corp Australia confirming an offer was soon to be on the table for Arrow.

According to the report the off-contract Maroons representative has already met with Rabbitohs chief Shane Richardson with team mentor Bennett admitting he is keen to be reunited with the 24-year-old, having coached him at the Broncos.

"We would like to have Jai at South Sydney," Bennett was quoted as saying.

"I haven't spoken to Jai personally, Shane Richardson is handling it all. Richo is meeting with his manager in the next 24 to 48 hours. He has already met with Jai and that's our position.

"We'll have a conversation over the next 24 hours and hopefully Jai's manager is happy with our offer.

"Me and Jai work great together. He knows if he comes to South Sydney I will want him here. It's a great club with a lot of tradition and Jai would fit in well here."

The Roosters are looking for a forward to replace Sam Burgess, who has been forced to retired due to injuries, and Bennett said Arrow was the ideal replacement.