Page 201 of 217 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3242

Sterlo nailed it re Fifita:

https://youtu.be/XRvZEQX1eJo?t=801

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Exactly. I feel like Sam Stone could be a gun if he begins to bulk up and grow into his body. Unless his hole family is tall and skinny then idk...
    I didnt realise how much he looks like Corey Oates until the game last week. Holey Moley

1. AJ
    3. Kelly
    7. Fogarty
    8. Tino
    10. Mofo
    11. Fifita

throwing up some discussion to see where everyone head is at.

These are my MUST's for next season. Lock them in Eddie - no discussion required, would not trade them for almost anyone now. They are our guys. Have i missed anyone? someone who shouldnt be there?

Next group is my very likely''s such as Ash, Wallace, Lisone, Ese Ese and Sami ( thats gonna get some grumbles )who all have a role to play but have been a rung below the MUSTS and are essentially replaceable if they go back to their old ways. Thompson is probably in this group area, not for past poor form but he is a very solid player who doesnt have quite as high a ceiling as the top tier.

Next group is Fermor, Stone, Young T, Copley, Peats, Rein, Boyd who are either youngish and only showing a glimpse so far, or ageing and have shown recent glimpses of making it back into the good books and could stay and play a role at some point. No one here makes my final Must / likelys for next year, they need to earn that regular role and some of them are on the way to doing it, Fermor in particular is someone i''m growing fond of - just does his job no matter where he gets put. Im almost certainly forgetting people in this group, and am aware ive left out Peach and KP, that isnt an error

but my list of lock ins for next year ends up being -
    1. AJ
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    6. Ash Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Tino
    10. Mofo
    11. Fifita
    13. Ese Ese

14. Wallace
    15. Lisone

Tear it apart guys...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    1. AJ
    3. Kelly
    7. Fogarty
    8. Tino
    10. Mofo
    11. Fifita

throwing up some discussion to see where everyone head is at.

These are my MUST's for next season. Lock them in Eddie - no discussion required, would not trade them for almost anyone now. They are our guys. Have i missed anyone? someone who shouldnt be there?

Next group is my very likely''s such as Ash, Wallace, Lisone, Ese Ese and Sami ( thats gonna get some grumbles )who all have a role to play but have been a rung below the MUSTS and are essentially replaceable if they go back to their old ways. Thompson is probably in this group area, not for past poor form but he is a very solid player who doesnt have quite as high a ceiling as the top tier.

Next group is Fermor, Stone, Young T, Copley, Peats, Rein, Boyd who are either youngish and only showing a glimpse so far, or ageing and have shown recent glimpses of making it back into the good books and could stay and play a role at some point. No one here makes my final Must / likelys for next year, they need to earn that regular role and some of them are on the way to doing it, Fermor in particular is someone i''m growing fond of - just does his job no matter where he gets put. Im almost certainly forgetting people in this group, and am aware ive left out Peach and KP, that isnt an error

but my list of lock ins for next year ends up being -
    1. AJ
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    6. Ash Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Tino
    10. Mofo
    11. Fifita
    13. Ese Ese

14. Wallace
    15. Lisone

Tear it apart guys...
    I'm thinking Joliffee would be higher or at least equal level to Lisone and Wallace. Lisone is hot n cold, Wallace was a plodder until back half of this year, and Jolifee always brought his all

1. AJ
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Young T
    5. Pearson
    6. Ash Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Lisone
    9. A Melbourne Smith
    10. Mofo
    11. Fifita
    12. Proctor on the cheap or fermor
    13. Tino

14. Wallace
    15. EseEse
    16. Joliffe
    17. Tanah Boyd

Good chat DB

The big one for me is our middle rotation and lock position. I think these are going to come down to the way Holbrook wants the team to play and I can see these positions changing depending on our game plan for that respective week. Where Tino plays is the biggest question - is he a prop, back rower, or a lock. Alternatively, he could start on an edge and move into the middle so we can unleash Papa Fermy off the interchange.

Assuming KP doesn't stick around, there are a few combinations we could look at:

8. Moe
    10. Joliffe
    11. Tino
    12. Fifita
    13. Ese'ese/Peachey (sorry guys)

or

8. Moe
    10. Joliffe
    11. Fermor
    12. Fifita
    13. Tino

Bench of: Wallace, Lisone, Ese'ese, Peachey/Boyd/Whoever

Depth and development of: Stone (been doing a good job and an adequate backup) Farmer, Seiuli, Powell + whoever else we sign.

Or an entirely different combination from either of the above. What do you guys see as our best pack for 2021?

Blood great start DB know you got me thinking, I agree with HS and depends on Holbrook and the rotation and where Tino fits in will decide who what where and when. Rein has impressed me since he has been back seems to have improved his service delivery form dummy half, throwing some nice crisp balls, Joliffe and Fermor will be in the 17, I think with two edge backrowers who offer x factor I am going to go with Mofo at 13 and Joliffe up front, still cant decide on a 4 and 5 so here goes:

1. AJ
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    6. Ash Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Joliffe
    9. Rein
    10. Wallace
    11. Fifita
    12. Tino
    13. Mofo

14. Fermor
    15. Lisone
    16. Ese Ese
    17. Boyd/Peachey

Bingo - there is one I forgot for sure. He is in thee very very likely. Above Wallace, and around Lisone.

good pick up.

1. AJ
    2. Don
    3. Kelly
    4. ?
    5. C Thompson
    6. Ash
    7. Fogarty
    8. Wallace
    9. Rein
    10. Joliffe
    11. Fermor
    12. Fifita
    13. Tino

14. Mo
    15. Lisone
    16. Ese'ese
    17. ?

NRL 2020: Kevin Proctor signs new deal to stay at Gold Coast Titans for extra 12 months

Gold Coast skipper Kevin Proctor is set to finish his career in the NRL after agreeing to a new deal to remain at the Titans.

News Corp can reveal Proctor has rejected interest from at least two clubs to sign a 12-month extension with the Titans in the lead-up to Saturday night’s clash against Manly at Lottoland.

Proctor came to terms with the Titans on Monday night with the club to formally announce his retention in the coming days.

Proctor returns this week after serving a four-match suspension for his controversial biting charge on Sharks rival Shaun Johnson, a ban that many believed could signal the end of his Titans and NRL career.

The 31-year-old had attracted interest from Newcastle and English Super League club Leeds, while his management had also offered Proctor’s services to the Broncos to inject some experience to Brisbane’s forward pack next season.

But Proctor has shown his loyalty to the Titans. The 250-game veteran has inked a one-year deal, with an option for the 2022 season, in a move that will see Proctor provide leadership for Titans recruits David Fifita, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Herman Ese’ese next year.

Proctor is keen to see the world and he may yet embark on a career swansong in England, but the Titans’ improvement under Holbrook has convinced the forward stalwart a finals appearance is on the horizon at the Coast.

Proctor said last month the coaching methods of Holbrook had given him fresh motivation at the Titans.

“Justin is unreal,” he said.

“Justin has instilled a new work ethic in the club and it’s paying off.

“All the guys love playing under Justin. He is a good coach and he has brought some standards here that the guys want to live up to.

“There are no black-and-white areas with Justin about what’s expected of us on the field and that honesty has been good for the playing group, myself included.

“I do want to see the world and do some travel and enjoy another challenge. When I retire, the Gold Coast will always be here and it’s where I will live.

“But as a club, the Titans is heading in the right direction, we’ve got everything we need in the club facility wise and we have more stability behind the scenes.”

My team for next year at the moment would be:
    1. Brimson
    2. Don
    3. Kelly
    4. Sami
    5. Thompson
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Fotuaika
    9. Rein
    10. Ese Ese
    11. Fifita
    12. Proctor
    13. Tino

Interchange:
    14. Peachey
    15. Wallace
    16. Fermor
    17. Lisone

In an ideal world i would then look at picking up 1 or 2 strike outside backs and a dummy half for 2022.

On my recruitment shortlist would be Brandon smith, sam verrils, Cameron McInnes, kotoni staggs, xavier coates, brent naden, enari tuala.

Don’t have details exactly but seems Proctor has extended to play next year.

i don’t mind this, means Tino plays 13 most likely. His experience with a young pack will be a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Don’t have details exactly but seems Proctor has extended to play next year.

i don’t mind this, means Tino plays 13 most likely. His experience with a young pack will be a bonus
    Yep and keeps him playing like its contract expiry year with the 2022 option in the clubs favour

1. AJ Brimson
    2. Phillip Sami
    3. Brian Kelly
    4. Young Tonumaipea/???
    5. Corey Thompson
    6. Ashley Taylor
    7. Jamal Fogarty
    8. Moeaki Fotuaika
    9. Mitch Rein/???
    10. Jarrod Wallace
    11. Kevin Proctor
    12. David Fifita
    13. Tino Faasuamaleaui

14. Tanah Boyd/Tyrone Peachey (depending on if Cam Smith comes here)
    15. Sam Lisone
    16. Herman Ese'ese
    17. Jaiman Jolliffe

Didn't feel right leaving out Fermor and Hipgrave but at least we have a legitimately good 10-11 player depth that can play quality NRL minutes, with the likes of Stone and Farmer pushing for spots too.

Fine with KP returning although I think the #11 is Fermor's long-term.

Really like the backline and am expecting AJ to have a breakout season behind this pack. Tonu is okay for now but that center spot will need an upgrade, wonder what Johnny Olive is up to these days

We could potentially have 5 or so Origin players next season, can't recall if we ever had that many in one year.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 15-09-20 at 01:32 PM.

Great discussion point and good to hear about re-signing Proctor. Has been in better form this year and like you said HS it keeps him playing for a deal. Still a lot of unknowns and future signings (hopefully a hooker and a centre would be nice) but at this stage I’ve got:

1. AJ
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Young/new signing
    5. Thompson
    6. Ash
    7. Fogarty
    8. Mo
    9. Rein/hopefully a smith or other new signing
    10. Joliffe
    11. Fifita
    12. Proctor
    13. Tino

14. Peachey/Boyd
    15. Wallace
    16. Ese’ese
    17. Fermor

Geez that’s a bloody good side, especially if we make a couple more big signings.