Page 200 of 217 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    So you agree now that AJ should be our fullback MT?
    Geez I hate people with long memories!!
    Yes I agree he should be fullback. I don't think I ever said I didn't want him in the team, rather have him play in the halves because Fogarty wasn't playing and Taylor was under performing. Hope that clarifies

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Geez I hate people with long memories!!
    Yes I agree he should be fullback. I don't think I ever said I didn't want him in the team, rather have him play in the halves because Fogarty wasn't playing and Taylor was under performing. Hope that clarifies
    Haha. Just having a slight dig mate. Good to see you in camp AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Haha. Just having a slight dig mate. Good to see you in camp AJ.
    I was in the same camp as MT. Toward the end of last year I was preferring Gordon at FB. Definitely happy to say the FB spot is his now he's killing it. Was a concern coming back from a fractured back but he has obviously done everything right for his recovery both physically and mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I was in the same camp as MT. Toward the end of last year I was preferring Gordon at FB. Definitely happy to say the FB spot is his now he's killing it. Was a concern coming back from a fractured back but he has obviously done everything right for his recovery both physically and mentally.
    Agreed that last year was rough for him. I think he played busted for a large part of the year. Good to see you in camp AJ as well.

Gentleman I couldnt help but notice our instagram page had recently followed katoni staggs.....keeping in mind that they only follow people with links to the club (former players, current players, players partners and future signings such as tino, fifita and herman)....any substance you think?

We have since unfollowed him....hmmm interesting

Would be happy to see Fogarty keep the captaincy into next season

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Would be happy to see Fogarty keep the captaincy into next season
    Agreed. It is his team now anyway, so why change it

KP should be back this week so I guess we should find out. Fermor is probably done for the season so KP will walk back into his old spot.

Junior

Not sure if this is the right spot but...

TITANS playmaker Ash Taylor has opened up about his new lease on life and how Justin Holbrook’s game plan has helped him return to his scintillating best.

The club’s million dollar man reached rock bottom in 2019, forcing him to walk away from the game he loves to deal with several off-field problems.

However, with a new coach at the helm and better support on the field, the rejuvenated 25-year-old has steadily become one of the Gold Coast’s most dangerous ballrunner.

It was epitomised in the 43rd minute of the Titans historic win over the Broncos on Saturday when Taylor sparked an incredible length-of-the-field try by piercing through the Brisbane defence.

The star playmaker admitted the game was among his best of the season and came at a time where he is back feeling “very happy”.

“I had them struggles last year and that was the lowest I’ve been in my life so far,” Taylor said.

“I’ve learnt from that and I’ve put myself in a better position.

“I’ve set my family up for the future after footy which is the biggest thing I’m really loving at the moment.

“I just love playing with this group of boys.

“We’ve been going great these last six, seven weeks and really building something.

“That’s off the back of Justin (Holbrook) really drilling into us for everyone knowing their role and everyone executing their role.”

Buoyed by his new halves partner Jamal Fogarty, Taylor has simplified his game plan – a move which has resulted in 13 try assists and 60 points in 17 games.

“I’ve simplified my role and doing my part for the team,” he said.

“In previous years, I’ve been trying to overdo myself and trying to take the game on myself rather than getting the whole team to help.

“Having Jamal there has been great.

“He’s been getting the team on the up.

“The boys are really buying into what Justin’s putting in place for us.”

The future is bright on the Gold Coast with the likes of David Fifita and Tino Fa‘asuamaleaui joining the club in 2021.

With the Titans all but out of finals contention, Taylor will likely finish the year on 99 first grade games and will celebrate his 100th next year alongside a superstar pack.

“There’s still a few errors there I need to work on (but) moving forward as a team, we’re really going in the right direction,” he said.
    Last edited by Bayside Titan; 14-09-20 at 04:05 PM. Reason: To Get rid of the Adds etc. Bayside

Those "fifita can't be a one man team" comments blister my paint. It is an insult to think that we are going to rely on him. Its pretty obvious that fifita will add the xfactor but holbrook has the whole team humming. Just because the broncos' strategy is to pass it to payne, David and kotoni doesn't mean we are going to do it. The broncos are a thrč man team at the moment. We are not. Hate that coming from their coach.

^^^ I wouldn’t take much notice of the assistant to one of the worst coaches in modern history.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I was looking through player profiles last night, and I didn't realise Beau Fermor only just turned 22 last month AND is a QLDer. I was very harsh on him for his first couple of games for his defence, but this past month he's been awesome all-round. Hope to see him pull on the QLD jersey somewhere down the track.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 14-09-20 at 04:25 PM.

I’m with you 101 ... when you consider Joliffe, Fermor and Stone still have young men’s bodies then with their talent pedigrees and as their skill sets widen and their bodies mature (like Wallace and Hipgrave) then these are the other pieces that compliment the MoFo, Tino, Lisone and Difita body shapes. Keeping them all is now the issue.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Exactly. I feel like Sam Stone could be a gun if he begins to bulk up and grow into his body. Unless his hole family is tall and skinny then idk...